NetGear WN311B RangeMax Wireless N PCI Adapter
Manufacturer: NetGear Part number: WN311B-100NAS
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.0 stars out of 5 reviews
- This RangeMax NEXT PCI adapter ensures that your desktop computer can connect from anywhere in your home, with maximum coverage and bandwidth, enabling you and the rest of your household to simultaneously connect to multiple Internet services, including online gaming, video streaming, and MP3 downloads. When used in conjunction with NETGEAR's WNR834B RangeMax NEXT wireless cable router, the WN311B ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || See Site |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/20/2014
Worst Card ever
by computergeek27 on May 14, 2011
Pros: None that I can see
Cons: Where to begin...
It disconnects from the internet every 5 minutes, makes it almost impossible to install windows updates in a timely matter, if at all. Took me 20 minutes just to get to this page to leave this review.
Summary: Bought it from Fry's, plan on returning it ASAP. Would NEVER recommend this to anyone unless you have A LOT of free time and you like to waste it ...
Summary: Bought it from Fry's, plan on returning it ASAP. Would NEVER recommend this to anyone unless you have A LOT of free time and you like to waste it waiting for a page to load on the internet. Again, nearly impossible to install Windows updates because it disconnects so often.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Finally, reliable long distance coverage
by nightrite on November 17, 2006
Pros: solid long distance coverage, easy setup
Cons: none that I've found
Summary: I've tried other PCI adapters from Netgear but nothing worked as reliably as this external one. The other adapters had the antenna connected directly to the back of the ...
Summary: I've tried other PCI adapters from Netgear but nothing worked as reliably as this external one. The other adapters had the antenna connected directly to the back of the card; the WN311B connects via a long cable allowing you to set the antenna in locations for better signal strength. My desktop computer is on a lower level and about 300 ft from the router and I get excellent signal strength readings every time. The rated speed is usually 54Mbps.
Setup was a breeze and I had all going fine in 20 min. This adapter was worth every penny I paid.
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
by samshultz83 on June 16, 2011
Pros: Worked fine for about a week
Cons: Constantly drops network; has to be rebooted, on average, every five minutes; frustrating and memory hungry netgear software
Not as sweet as it looks
by VooGun on December 23, 2009
Pros: Wierd but easy set up
Cons: It dose not work as great as they claim..
Summary: My N router is downstairs no more than 29ft away,and the downloads are slow...my PS3 is farther away and it rocks over this adapter.last but not least,...
Summary: My N router is downstairs no more than 29ft away,and the downloads are slow...my PS3 is farther away and it rocks over this adapter.last but not least,the drivers are from 2007,and it dose not do it`s own updates..you have to hunt them down...buy it but keep your receipt near by...
Be patient - Shareware updates are a must and will take hours to install.
by burbacpa on January 12, 2007
Pros: When drivers are updated, all is well
Cons: Support, ease of use, driver update failures, messy update zip files, open box pull card insert card pull card insert card update loops
Summary: This is a fast setup at 70 feet or less. Support is poor. Drivers must be updated before you can even think about an internet connection. Update page downloads a ...
Summary: This is a fast setup at 70 feet or less. Support is poor. Drivers must be updated before you can even think about an internet connection. Update page downloads a zip file that contains a lot of extras and you may or maynot get the drivers to update until you try,try,try again and again and again. It is a painful experience.
- Manufacturer: NetGear
- Part number: WN311B-100NAS
- Description: This RangeMax NEXT PCI adapter ensures that your desktop computer can connect from anywhere in your home, with maximum coverage and bandwidth, enabling you and the rest of your household to simultaneously connect to multiple Internet services, including online gaming, video streaming, and MP3 downloads. When used in conjunction with NETGEAR's WNR834B RangeMax NEXT wireless cable router, the WN311B PCI adapter will provide maximum coverage and bandwidth, enabling you and your entire household to simultaneously connect to multiple Internet services and online media. To explain the capabilities of RangeMax NEXT wireless router and adapters further: Imagine connecting to the Internet from anywhere in the house, without a cable. Then imagine everyone in the house connecting at the same time, and all doing things online or over the network - all at the same time: Watching a Hi-Definition video or TV program in the living room, browsing the Internet in the study, playing online games in the den, downloading MP3 music from the dining room - all at the same time. This is what RangeMax NEXT is capable of, all over a single home wireless network that provides a constant, 'rock-steady' connection. With the RangeMax NEXT PCI desktop PC adapter inserted, your computer will maintain a steady, constant connection (when used in conjunction with the WNR834B Wireless Router), with sufficient bandwidth available to stream, download, browse the Internet, and transfer files all at the same time. With RangeMax NEXT you should not experience any more frustrating interruptions or freezes, just a constant connection that enables you and your household to use the Internet and wireless network as you choose, whenever you choose. Touchless WiFi Security makes creating the highest level of network security easy and includes industry standard wireless encryption standards for you to choose from: WEP, WPA-PSK, or WPA2-PSK. These security features enable you to 'lock-down' your home wireless network, protecting you against unwanted intruders. As with all NETGEAR wireless products, the WN311B RangeMax NEXT wireless PCI adapter is easy to set-up with NETGEAR's Smart Wizard. This RangeMax NEXT adapter is backward compatible with existing wireless devices, including 54 Mbps 802.11g and 11 Mbps 802.11b - but bear in mind that the coverage and bandwidth won't be as good with these devices on your home wireless network.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Network adapter
- Form Factor Plug-in card
- Networking Device Type Network adapter
- Interface (Bus) Type PCI
- Form factor [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Networking] Plug-in card
- Data Link Protocol IEEE 802.11n (draft) ,
IEEE 802.11b ,
- Wireless Capability This product uses the draft version of the upcoming 802.11n standard. Its compatibility with other and future products is not guaranteed, and it may interfere with current 802.11b and g products.
- Connectivity Technology Wireless
- Networking type Network adapter
- Data Transfer Rate 270 Mbps
- Frequency Band 2.4 GHz
- Spread Spectrum Method DSSS,
- Compliant Standards IEEE 802.11b,
IEEE 802.11n (draft)
- Antenna External detachable
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slot(s) x None
- Compatible Slots 1 x PCI
- Expansion Slot(s) Total (Free) None
- Encryption Algorithm WPA2,
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Power Device None
- Power Supply / Device None
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4,
Microsoft Windows XP
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 0.4 in
- Depth 4.8 in
- Height 2.1 in
- Weight 2 oz
Expansion / Port(s) Required
- Slot(s) Required 1 PCI
- Service / Support Details Limited warranty 1 year