McAfee VirusScan Professional 8.0
Manufacturer: McAfee Part number: VSL80E002RAA
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/12/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $39.98
- Reviewed by: Jeff Bertolucci
- Reviewed on: 10/14/2003
- Released on: 10/17/2003
The good: Light on system resources; provides background updates and virus deletion; offers improved worm detection.
The bad: No firewall; pricey telephone support; long queues for free technical support chat.
The bottom line: VirusScan Professional 8.0 sports a trimmer profile, a simpler interface, fast performance, and two user licenses, but support is more of a hassle than before.
Ouch! Did Pontiac get their hands on this?
Pros: I just don't know. I provided a copy of my correspondence with McAfee...
Cons: Viruscan 8.0 Unfortunately, this is the only forum I could readily find to evaluate and comment upon your Viruscan product. I finally gave up on finding an appropriate forum. I'll just start with my extreme disappointment. I've been recommending McAfe
Don't buy it if you are a gamer or use Outlook 2K
Pros: Detects and Cleint
Cons: Everything else. I'll start with the worst and work my way down the list. Like most gamers I always disable virus protection before going on-line to play games. However, McAfee is almost impossible to disable. Even after I had done everything concieva
I like McAfee BUT!
Pros: very easyily installed, no problems as with NAV wich tends to hang system or come up with some error even on a freshly installed system. Is very stable and detects viruses which NAV seems to ignore. I like the NEWS update that notifies you when a new viru
Cons: Updates are VERY VERY poor, it askes to update then asks for my email address (*** ... AGAIN!), after I enter the email address, it notifies that I do not have access or something of the sort .. hey I just installed it.. well, what bothers me most is the
will give you more mcafee pop-ups and ads than it deletes
Cons: This product is offensive. The anti-virus works ok but misses some spyware. But you will be constantly deleting mcafee pop-ups to try to get you to buy other products, update, etc. every time i log on for a few minutes, i get a few pop ups from mcafee
Pretty good, does the job.
Pros: Is a decent antivirus program. Easy setup and strong virus detection from McAfee virus dat files.
Cons: Virus definition updating is performed via a website similiar to the windows update site. This is poor, in my opinion. I would prefer the way Norton updates work - via an invisible auto-update mode. Also, you cannot password protect the antivirus softw
Flawlness installation in minutes..User friendly interface..Overall much better than NAV
Pros: Interface is user friendly..Installation was a cinch compared to Norton's antivirus which froze my computer several times on pre-installation scan. Scanning is thorough and fast. It's very easy to use..Security center is very helpful. It doesn't slow do
Quite a nice AV program...
Pros: Everything went fine for installation, nothing went 'buggy' compared to its previous versions. After launching MVS, the new interface is very nice and a change too. Performance was very good, it didn't slow down my computer compared to Norton. I quite lik
Cons: Disappointing for no firewall, which made it stand out for a good price for AV + firewall in v7. Scanning files took longer compared to v7 which was faster. I talked and viewed other people's comments about the features and I agree about it was 'dumbed do
I wouldnt use it...
Pros: Deep down, this is an excellent virus scanner... deep deep down.
Cons: The new interface is terrible! it has a whole load of tabs for other mcafee products that i do not have or have any intention of getting. It covers me with a whole load of useless information like "security indexes" which i dont care about. The whole inte
Better than Norton Anti-Virus 2004
Pros: Uses less resources, starts up faster during boot up and much better than NAV 2004. I used NAV 2004 for 2 weeks and was very disappointed by it. The activation is a joke and NAV2004 gave me a couple problems during the software download phase. It kept fre
Cons: none so far.
Forget Your Privacy!!
Pros: This product will stop the virus threats.
Cons: Tries to connect to Mcafee even when told to stop. When you try to get an update you get hit with ads (This is very unprofessional) I bought it and could not get an update even 4 days later…But I did get their add every time I logged on for an update. Tri
- Manufacturer: McAfee
- Part number: VSL80E002RAA
- Description: PC protection is nothing to take lightly. Every day you get online, you are exposed to more viruses and smarter hackers. And with the advent of handheld devices such as PDAs, computer viruses are no longer limited to desktops and shared disks. These days, you need to take advantage of all the protection you can get. For reliable protection, choose McAfee VirusScan Professional 7.0, a superior anti-virus product with even more features for comprehensive PC protection. Now you have one solution to eliminate viruses, quickly clean up your PC, permanently erase private information, and more. McAfee VirusScan Professional technology enables your PC to detect and remove all types of known viruses from any source - including email attachments, Internet downloads, shared disks, CD-ROMs, and even PDA synchronization. It also detects destructive ActiveX and Java applets, which are often downloaded without your knowledge while you browse. Each time you connect your PDA to your PC, it's as dangerous as having an unknown floppy disk inserted into your computer. That's why VirusScan Professional includes anti-virus support for more handheld devices than other anti-virus solutions. VirusScan Professional also adds essential technology for everyday PC computing, including automatic cleanup of unnecessary files, secure data shredding, and more.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Security applications
- Subcategory Utilities - antivirus / PC diagnostic
- Version 8.0
- License pricing Standard
- License Type Complete package
- License Qty 1 user
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- Distribution Media CD-ROM
- Package Type Retail
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional,
Microsoft Windows 98,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP
- Min Processor Type 100 MHz
- Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM
- System Requirements Details Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP - Pentium - RAM 32 MB - HD 65 MB