ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5
Manufacturer: The Learning Company Part number: CNETZONEALARMPRO4
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/09/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $22.63
- Reviewed by: Gregg Keizer
- Reviewed on: 11/24/2003
- Released on: 06/12/2003
The good: Hides ports from hackers; retains custom settings after upgrade; slick interface is easy to use; new expert rules for pros.
The bad: No phone support; cumbersome rule-making process.
The bottom line: ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 is a great firewall for security rookies, but you'll still need a separate antivirus program.
works ok but thier updates and websupport do not
Pros: Yes it is easy to use, however did not stop some spyware from getting past it probabley due to it was an older version but I have not been able to update it since I bought it to to thier web update not working at all despite following all thier directions
Cons: web site downloading does not work, thier tech & customor support send you in a endless loop to each other without helping unless you call the pay phone support for help ...sounds like microsoft all over again...
Worst customer service on earth.
Pros: I guess it works most of the time
Cons: Radically slows down boot up, and slows pc performance significantly. Absolutely the worst customer service.
Works just like it's rated.
Pros: Really easy to use for the not so internet savy user. Spend some time learning the program and discover how detailed it can protect you from the World Wide Web. I'm recomeding this product to all my non computer savy users because it is so easy to use and
Cons: Documentation could be a little bit better allthough its not bad, compared to whats out there now.
Works where others fail!!!
Pros: This has been the only firewall that I'v been able to run a FTP & HTTP server AND use Internet Connection Sharing AND conect to other computers on my network AND use MSN Messenger Voice and WebCam services. Works fime on my Windows XP. The tricks are
Cons: I hadto go through support and wait the 3 or 4 daysto learnthe setting I mentioned above. Also would be nice to be able to have Hacker ID automatically report hack attemps to the offending ISP w/o using the Web interface.
Pros: Ease of Use
Cons: As a novice, it doesn't explain all the why's and wherefore's of what it's doing for you
This is the worst Firewall on the market
Pros: Does block port scans, but everyone of the firewall software on the market does that.
Cons: 1. I bought the software because that on the package's outside it said that "One Year of free up-dates". But after installed the software and tried to download the up-date, I got a message that I have to pay another $30 in order to be able to use the up-d
Norton is better
Pros: I have been a licensed user for two years. The ability to see the level of upload and download traffic running at any time is nice.
Cons: However, the newest 4.5 releases were periodically shutting down the vector engine. Access to P2P ports was also error prone. I finally switched to Norton Internet Security and all the problems I had been having with Zone Alarm Pro went away. In additio
Gets better with each update!
Pros: Far fewer mysterious glitches in this latest Pro version, and I've relied on them all from it's first release. The Best.
Cons: Sometimes a little cranky with Email after utilizing Stop or Engage Lock. Usually have to shut down Outlook and reopen it, then it's fine.
Okay, but not what it used to be.
Pros: Still more simple and easy to configure than most. Also still seems to be quite secure.
Cons: Very difficult to customize. Controls and screens are buried and hard to find.
NO, I don't want you to share my info....
Pros: Great firewall, using it for 2 years and love it. Easy to use, reliable....
Cons: Everytime I turn my computer on it asks if I want to let it send my info to ZoneLabs to check my config and check for updates. The only way to disable this popup request is to LET IT. There is no option to disable the request without letting it send my in
- Manufacturer: The Learning Company
- Part number: CNETZONEALARMPRO4
- Description: Would you leave your home unlocked and unattended? Of course not. Security precautions are just common sense, especially when it comes to online computing. Internet threats such as hackers and Trojan horses can steal passwords, social security numbers, financial records, and more right from your computer. Protect yourself quickly and easily. With ZoneAlarm Pro, you can even block ads, limit cookies, and keep your Web activity private. Protect your PC with award-winning ZoneAlarm Pro 4 - the easiest, most powerful ZoneAlarm ever. In just a few keystrokes, shield your system from dangerous scripts, malicious hackers, intrusive cookies, and the annoyance of unwanted Internet ads. A host of bold new features ensures rock-solid protection from the full spectrum of Internet security threats. Ideal for dial-up, DSL and cable connections.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Security applications
- Subcategory Security - desktop firewall,
Security - network antivirus,
Security - data encryption,
Security - VPN software,
Security - intrusion and vulnerability detection,
Security - desktop antivirus,
Online & appliance based services - firewall
- Version 4
- License pricing Standard
- License Type Complete package
- License Qty 1 user
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- Distribution Media CD-ROM
- Package Type Retail
- OS Required Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP,
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition,
Microsoft Windows 2000
- Min Processor Type 233 MHz,
- Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM,
- System Requirements Details Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition - Pentium - RAM 48 MB - HD 10 MB,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition - Pentium - RAM 48 MB - HD 10 MB,
Microsoft Windows 2000 - Pentium - RAM 64 MB - HD 10 MB,
Microsoft Windows XP - Pentium - RAM 128 MB - HD 10 MB
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse The Learning Company products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:The Learning Company