ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5
Manufacturer: The Learning Company Part number: CNETZONEALARMPRO4
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/13/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $21.95
- Reviewed by: Gregg Keizer
- Reviewed on: 11/24/2003
- Released on: 06/12/2003
The good: Hides ports from hackers; retains custom settings after upgrade; slick interface is easy to use; new expert rules for pros.
The bad: No phone support; cumbersome rule-making process.
The bottom line: ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 is a great firewall for security rookies, but you'll still need a separate antivirus program.
Simply the best...
Pros: I have been running ZA Pro forever and never had any problem, no crashes, no hackers. The ability to add expert rules (you shouldn't if you don't know what you're doing0 is a long and eagerly awaited feature. I suspect some people who have problems won't
Cons: You have to be a little smart to tweak the various settings to suit your style. Most people are that smart or will take the time to truly learn the features which are many.
Zone alarm is the new godfather
Pros: When installed on our dorm computers, it blocked 700 intrusions and 3 hack attempts in 10 minutes, dont know where we would be with out it. Also, on a different note, ever notice all the people that do not recommend the product have numerous spelling erro
Cons: 50 big ones!?!?!
Still the best!
Pros: I've been using Zone alarm Pro for many years. I have friends that have Symantec and others that have had problems. Most of them switched to ZA and their problems disappeared.
Cons: Since I've had no problem, I have no gripe!
Not bad, but could be better on INBOUND monitoring
Pros: Catches outbound packets OK. Stealth mode nice. Overall is average.
Cons: Could be better catching INBOUND packets. Poor user configuration for port monitoring.
start slow, learn it or don'n!
Pros: gibsons new site is using nmap, I find his reading a little unrelible.I have hit it left right sidways, I works fine,you have not seen anything like this before,not much that I haven't beta tested on a real leavel!! just back it with a linksys etc.. and
Cons: I tried to run it at to high, of level at first,like ALL ZA, never know when it will just rouin your PC,and thay say ms is buggy, also dont upgrade over write often the TRUEVECTURE,from the other is still on your drive tear it out that is the main reson
Slows internet connection badly
Pros: The thing works great for security, especially like how it will also block trojans from going back out.
Cons: I couldn't figure out why my cable modem was so slow, until i uninstalled zone alarm and fixed some tcp/ip settings. went from 400kbps max to 3000kbps. thats why i wouldn't use it.
Still a fine product.
Pros: Still works well from the start, fairly easy to setup for normal Internet browsing and email. More stable than McAfee by far.
Cons: Drove me nuts with XP, decided my wife who also had admin priviliges didn't, took hacking the reg to correct and Zone Labs was less help than their forum. Also finicky when I setup a VPN, but it does work and is far less trouble than McAfee.
**** me off!!!
Pros: After using this, my DSL connection manager was ... forget it. Since I'm not a expert or professional, I would switch to McAfee VirusScan with a personal firewall.
A good program but with some serious issues
Pros: I have been using ZoneAlarm since it hit the market, and it has given no problems whatsoever, once the security settings are properly set. I used it on our Windows 98 machine, and I also use it on our Windows XP machine. Until version 4.0, it worked flawl
Cons: When we bought our Windows XP machine, we connected it to the Win 98 machine via ethernet cards and a crossover cable in order to share files and printers and exchange information. After upgrading to ZA Pro on both machines, the Windows 98 machine suddenl
Okay in certain situations
Pros: Jeff wrote: >> "Works great if you know the fix" Jeff on 08-Jul-2003 07:06:05 AM Pros: I don't know whether to give this product a thumbs-up or down. It's either a great firewall, or the most crippling software ever to crashcyour system! The CNET
- Manufacturer: The Learning Company
- Part number: CNETZONEALARMPRO4
- Description: Would you leave your home unlocked and unattended? Of course not. Security precautions are just common sense, especially when it comes to online computing. Internet threats such as hackers and Trojan horses can steal passwords, social security numbers, financial records, and more right from your computer. Protect yourself quickly and easily. With ZoneAlarm Pro, you can even block ads, limit cookies, and keep your Web activity private. Protect your PC with award-winning ZoneAlarm Pro 4 - the easiest, most powerful ZoneAlarm ever. In just a few keystrokes, shield your system from dangerous scripts, malicious hackers, intrusive cookies, and the annoyance of unwanted Internet ads. A host of bold new features ensures rock-solid protection from the full spectrum of Internet security threats. Ideal for dial-up, DSL and cable connections.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Security applications
- Subcategory Security - desktop firewall,
Security - network antivirus,
Security - data encryption,
Security - VPN software,
Security - intrusion and vulnerability detection,
Security - desktop antivirus,
Online & appliance based services - firewall
- Version 4
- License pricing Standard
- License Type Complete package
- License Qty 1 user
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- Distribution Media CD-ROM
- Package Type Retail
- OS Required Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP,
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition,
Microsoft Windows 2000
- Min Processor Type 233 MHz,
- Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM,
- System Requirements Details Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition - Pentium - RAM 48 MB - HD 10 MB,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition - Pentium - RAM 48 MB - HD 10 MB,
Microsoft Windows 2000 - Pentium - RAM 64 MB - HD 10 MB,
Microsoft Windows XP - Pentium - RAM 128 MB - HD 10 MB
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse The Learning Company products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:The Learning Company