IOGear Wireless Audio/Video Kit
Manufacturer: ATEN Technology Part number: GUWAVKIT
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/20/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $279.95
- Reviewed by: Jeff Bakalar
- Reviewed on: 06/29/2009
- Released on: 03/15/2009
The good: Wirelessly streams a PC's screen and audio to TVs; supports resolution up to 1,600x1,200 pixels; easy-to-use software.
The bad: Getting full-screen flash video to work was problematic; expensive; TVs without a VGA or DVI port will need additional adapters; complicated audio setup; won't work with CRT TVs; no Mac compatibility; no HDMI support out of box.
The bottom line: The IOGear Wireless Audio/Video Kit may be expensive, but once set up, it's one of the easiest ways to get your TV to work as your computer's monitor.
This company will not stand behind their product.
by Stormchild61 on August 12, 2011
Pros: Nice when it works
Cons: Iogear will not back their products.
Summary: After purchase transmitter failed to load driver after re-install. Sent only the transmitter back and it was replaced. Five months later Windows 7 updated and product has no Dislpaylink Graphic ...
Summary: After purchase transmitter failed to load driver after re-install. Sent only the transmitter back and it was replaced. Five months later Windows 7 updated and product has no Dislpaylink Graphic program that is compatible. The company had the new version that is compatible with Windows 7 and could have sent me a complete new kit when warranty work was done, but chose not to. I got 17 months out of my product, it's now trash and IOgear will not stand behind their products. I will never buy anything from this company and highly recommend you don't either. S. Kersey
The junkers...have it right.....it's a piece of junk
by CKahle on January 3, 2011
Pros: It has nice packaging and good industrial design.
Cons: 1. The range is terrible. It craps out after 10 feet.
2. Documentation is not current with WIn 7... there's all sorts of surprises,
3. The Chat Spt is hidden in plain site....they channel you to fill out a ticket, not chat
4. Worth $30..not $150.
Summary: Wait another year or find another product.
Summary: Wait another year or find another product.
What a piece of junk - totally unreliable.
by rhaelig on November 24, 2010
Pros: Wireless connectivity between pc/laptop and television. At times, this product functions as advertised.
Cons: Device CONSTANTLY drops its connection, unrelated to line-of-sight or range issues.
Actual range is about half the advertised range.
Requires line-of-sight - waving hand in front of device will interrupt it.
Far too expensive for its performance.
Summary: At times, it does what it's designed to, but the final product is totally unreliable - it takes me back to the 70's and the constant need to ...
Summary: At times, it does what it's designed to, but the final product is totally unreliable - it takes me back to the 70's and the constant need to adjust the rabbit ears on an old Zenith television. For the price tag, this device totally under performs. TigerDirect sold it as a "no-returns" item, and I made the mistake of proceeding with the purchase on good faith. Not only will I never buy another Iogear product again, I am making a point of letting all my customers know that they should steer clear of their devices.
If the two hundred dollars I spent on this thing wasn't enough of a write-off, the dozens of lost man-hours I've spent trying to make this thing work, not to mention the considerable effort I've gone through to create a setup that conforms to its particular demands for any sort of performance have been a colossal waste of time.
Very good device if we know how to install and place it
by jramin1 on April 12, 2010
Pros: Transmitting high definition video and audio from laptop to tv. If you know how to install the software and where to place the laptop the device will work flawlessly.
Cons: Repetitive blocking the view between the transmitter and audio receiver will freeze up the operating system. This is a relatively expensive product.
Summary: Although this product is expensive, I like it. This is because it eliminates the use of wire. The bottom line is that you need to find a proper place for ...
Summary: Although this product is expensive, I like it. This is because it eliminates the use of wire. The bottom line is that you need to find a proper place for placing your laptop when the people are around. It seems that close to the side of wall (around 45 degree to the tv screen) be a good place.
Biggest piece of electronic junk that I ever used!!!!!!
by hometheaterwiz on April 6, 2010
Pros: That Best Buy let me return it.
Cons: Has to be pointed directly at the antenna. Does not work more than 8 feet away, I measured. It was a pain to download the software and was a tremendous battle to get it to work. If you like this you are only fooling yourself. Should be $10 not $250.
Summary: It is a good idea that is not perfected by this company. They should not be selling this stuff. There are no good features to list because the product does ...
Summary: It is a good idea that is not perfected by this company. They should not be selling this stuff. There are no good features to list because the product does not work. It constantly loses connection and is more of a hassle than what it is worth, which is nothing.
Video works great - audio causes everything to not work
by sjohnstoncpa on January 19, 2010
Pros: Good video picture and response; very stable except as described below. Easy to setup.
Cons: Using the audio receiver causes the entire system to stop working. Tech Support.
Summary: The video part of this kit is excellent! The audio part is horrible. After a minute or two of using the audio system, the entire system stops working. I've ...
Summary: The video part of this kit is excellent! The audio part is horrible. After a minute or two of using the audio system, the entire system stops working. I've contacted tech support for IOGear and their response has been that they don't know why it doesn't work. I've tried the system on 2 separate computers, 2 separate TVs, and on both XP and Windows 7 operating systems. All configurations had the same problem with the video receiver. Bottom line: If you want video, purchase only the video products. Don't waste your money on the audio receiver until IOGear has it working.
- Manufacturer: ATEN Technology
- Part number: GUWAVKIT
- Description: IOGEAR's Wireless Audio/Video Kit is an innovative solution in delivering high definition multimedia content stored on your computer to your home entertainment center. With the utilization of the wireless USB and Ultra-wideband (UWB) technology, the wireless multimedia streaming is now more stable and more resistant to interferences and capable of lossless delivery in your home and office. The kit eliminates the cable clutter and enables you to enjoy your favorite movies, video clips, and music files streaming from your computer to the TV or stereo system wirelessly with no latency. The revolutionary Wireless Audio/Video Kit is a user friendly and all-in-one solution in bringing wireless digital lifestyle to life. Traditional methods of connecting the PC to the TV required invasive wiring and excess cabling. IOGEAR's Wireless Audio/Video Kit offers professional installers and consumers a "cordless" solution in closing the gap between the PC and the TV. The kit consists of three adapters: audio for speaker connectivity, VGA for a TV and wireless USB for the hosting PC. With few easy steps, users can eliminate cables and relocate the PC to make it an integral part of their media center. Users can easily browse Internet, watch online video, or edit spreadsheets on the flat-panel TV. The Wireless Audio/Video Kit also lets users stream music and multimedia content wirelessly in-room from the PC to the home entertainment system up to 30 feet. The need of integrating a PC into the living room can now be easily fulfilled.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Wireless video/audio extender
- Enclosure Type External
- Built-in Devices Antenna
- Connectivity Technology Wireless
- Data Link Protocol Wireless USB 1.0
- Line Coding Format QPSK
- Max Resolution 1600 x 1200
- Max Transfer Distance 33 ft
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slot(s) None
- Compatible Slots None
- Cables Included 1 x USB extension cable - 5 ft,
1 x USB cable - 3 ft,
1 x VGA cable - 6 ft,
1 x DVI-VGA adapter,
2 x Antenna cable
- Installed Qty 2
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows XP SP2,
Microsoft Windows Vista
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 122 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 95%