Manufacturer: Onkyo Part number: HT-RC460
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.0 stars out of 2 reviews
- If you're in the market for a cutting-edge receiver, but are limited in terms of budget, look no further than Onkyo's HT-RC460. With eight HDMI inputs and two outputs, this receiver integrates all your A/V components, decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio formats, and supports 3D video. HDMI enables an ARC for TV with surround sound, ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/18/2013
HDMI switching problems? Yup
by blogasur on February 27, 2013
Pros: Good sound, good streaming capabilities, many hdmi inputs, price.
Cons: Firmware update is painfull
HDMI switching works when it wants to
Summary: Returning mine after reading all the posts on the HDMI issues onkyo seems to have across the board, seeing those issues with this model I own. I want to enjoy ...
Summary: Returning mine after reading all the posts on the HDMI issues onkyo seems to have across the board, seeing those issues with this model I own. I want to enjoy my music, not fix defective products.
Great price and lots of features + dual zone capability
by jprobillard on January 27, 2013
Pros: Good price, lots of inputs, powered zone 2, built-in streaming with support for vtuner, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify, DLNA and more.
Cons: Buggy and cryptic software and UI, including the Android remote. No up-scaling for component inputs except for 480i. Digital inputs can't be played on zone 2.
Summary: I was having audio problems watching Uverse which I incorrectly diagnosed as imminent death of my 10 year old Sony receiver, (another story), so I had an excuse to get ...
Summary: I was having audio problems watching Uverse which I incorrectly diagnosed as imminent death of my 10 year old Sony receiver, (another story), so I had an excuse to get a new one. I ended up buying an Onkyo HT-RC460 which was the cheapest model with a powered dual zone capability which I wanted so I can annoy the neighbors with the speakers on the deck outside.
The Onkyo line was a top pick on CNET, with a caveat that there seem to be a lot of software and reliability issues. (Gritted my teeth and got the extended warranty) After a couple of days of struggling with the mutually awful user guide and GUI/software I've managed to get things configured and am pretty content.
My biggest disappointment / surprise is that the second zone audio won't work with digital inputs?!? This means for instance no audio from Uverse TV which is fed via HDMI. The workaround for this is to feed a stereo signal back from the TV to the receiver. No such option for my Roku box though.
The upside is the built-in network capability, including services like Pandora and Spotify as well as vtuner and DLNA. Using the universal 'Favorites' menu you can set up to 40 presets of internet radio from all over the world or playlists. Pretty cool, and the one line display on the receiver allows use without the TV based GUI. The Android remote app could be a big assert, but unfortunately it appears to be a creation of the same software team that built the receiver side.
Bottom line, a pretty cool receiver whose biggest drawback is the terrible software.
- Manufacturer: Onkyo
- Part number: HT-RC460
- Description: If you're in the market for a cutting-edge receiver, but are limited in terms of budget, look no further than Onkyo's HT-RC460. With eight HDMI inputs and two outputs, this receiver integrates all your A/V components, decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio formats, and supports 3D video. HDMI enables an ARC for TV with surround sound, and allows Quick Set-Up menus to be overlaid instantly mid-program. Analog video is upscaled to 1080p - or 4K with compatible display - by onboard Qdeo technology. An MHL/HDMI connects smart phones for display of 1080p videos and photos, and there's a USB for iPod and iPhone. InstaPrevue technology simplifies content selection, and you can control the home theater - including playback in Zone 2 - with your iPhone or Android phone. Wireless-capable networking adds internet radio, audio streaming, and access to all your computer-based music collections. Audio performance is perfected with Audyssey 2EQ, Dynamic EQ, and Dynamic Volume. Dolby Pro Logic IIz can expand stereo sources and soundtracks to include additional Front Height channels. Keen pricing leaves room in the budget for a second subwoofer, allowing you to experience the astonishing depth and realism of an Onkyo 7.2-channel system.
- Product type Home Theater Network Receiver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 17.1 in x 12.9 in x 6.8 in
- Color Black
- Surround System Class 7.2 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 80 Watt,
8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.7 % - 7 channel(s),
6 Ohm - THD 0.1 % - 7 channel(s)
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Audio D/A Converter 24bit / 192kHz
- Built-in Decoders Dolby TrueHD,
Dolby Digital Plus,
Dolby Pro Logic IIz,
DTS-HD Master Audio
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- Input Impedance 47 KOhm
- Input Sensitivity 200 mV
- Response Bandwidth 5 - 100000 Hz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 100 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.08 %
- Bass Control Yes
- Treble Control Yes
- Additional Features iPod/iPhone ready,
Audyssey Dynamic EQ,
Audyssey Dynamic Volume,
Networking & Digital Media
- Connectivity Wi-Fi ready, adapter sold separately ,
- Internet streaming services vTuner,
- DLNA Yes
- USB features USB flash drive playback
- Tuner Type Radio tuner - AM/FM - Digital
- Preset Station Qty 40
Inputs & Outputs
- HD connectors HDMI connection(s) on this receiver make it a great choice for your High-Def home theater. One cable carries digital audio and video data directly to your display.
- Connections 1xHeadphones-Front,
1xComposite video input(RCA phono)-Front,
1xUSB(4 pin USB Type A)-Front,
7xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
2xHDMI output(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
5xAudio line-in(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xAudio line-out(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xComponent video input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xComponent video output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xSPDIF input(RCA phono)-Rear,
4xComposite video input(RCA phono)-Rear,
1xComposite video output(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xSubwoofer output(RCA phono)-Rear,
1xAudio line-out (multi zone)(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Front,
1xUSB(4 pin USB Type A)-Rear
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- Upscaling via HDMI Up to 1080p,
Up to 4K
- Video Conversion/Scaling HDMI to HDMI scaling,
Analog to HDMI up conversion
- DVD/Bul-ray upscaling Yes
- HDMI features Supports 3D video ,
Audio return channel (ARC) ,
Deep Color ,
Marvell Qdeo processing,
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Included accessories [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Miscellaneous] Universal remote control
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Service & Support 2 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 2 years