Manufacturer: Sony Part number: STRDH830
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 2 reviews
- Amplify your living room with 980 watts of legendary Sony sound. When you fill your space with 7.1 channels of blistering audio, every soundtrack comes alive like never before. Connect 7 HD components and let Dolby TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs transform your experience to an unforgettable one.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/17/2014Refurbished
Ok unit. I will try to return this PIG!!!
by hedhntr61 on March 8, 2013
Pros: Looks nice, fairly easy to set up.
Cons: I thiught I was upgrading from an ONKYO SR604 but I was sadly mistaken!!!. 7.1 is set up as 4/3.1...Remote has useless buttons that DO NOT pertain to this unit!..140 watts advertised is total bull, volume setting goes to 75 and cannot be bypassed
Summary: +My old ONKYO had more features but I wanted 3D. This SONY has real limitations and I would not recommend it to anyone. I would recommend the DENON AVR1912 or ...
Summary: +My old ONKYO had more features but I wanted 3D. This SONY has real limitations and I would not recommend it to anyone. I would recommend the DENON AVR1912 or the ONKYO 616 before this unit. I was considering them both and went with this one, my mistake!!!You can't combine other units to be operated from this unit either, I will have to buy a universal remote to do that.At least my old ONKYO could do that and it is considered a step down from this...
worthy home AVR,7 Channel 140 watts each
by Eaamon_M on February 20, 2013
Pros: makes home built system of mixed speakers sound excellent.
WOW disc fills room with sound and you can not hear it just from any one speaker. 96k from WOW disc.
speaker DCAC balanced system very well and if you can see settings or manually adjust.
Cons: GUI is slow
speakers in set up does not show 7.1 but it is listed as a mix of 5/2.1 or 3/4.1
sync works occasionally but you loose it if you unplug anything.
Summary: CNET does not show NEO6 CIN or NEO6 MUS in spec. nor does it show Sony' HD-DCS own settings adjustable for dynamic, theater or studio settings for movies. I have ...
Summary: CNET does not show NEO6 CIN or NEO6 MUS in spec. nor does it show Sony' HD-DCS own settings adjustable for dynamic, theater or studio settings for movies. I have not tried all settings as of yet. no ipod or phone to test. set up for 3D BR and a cable box. not tested but will in time. this AVR up converts old video tape player/video cam to HDMI, so one cable to the display. it has ARC audio return channel.
Sony shows what speakers/SW "LFE' are used during playback.
this replaced a old Sony AVR from the days when Montgomery Wards was around. I just had to get some thing newer and 3D compatible. spec shows it to allow updates. when sync works TV remote turns it on and adjust audio level. once I did get it set up a learning curve, I find when I was running the audio level around 37 to 45, now 24 is loud. I do not want to sit here and quote the specs. but play back for me is very satisfactory as good as a AVSforum HT enthusiast who had a Anthem AVR. Maybe even better on the low end as I have 20Hz subs built in my L&R with a separate self powered sub.
front of AVR shows Faroudja DCDi, google it and they quote it was a $15000.00 cost at one time. used to upgrade video.
you will usually find me watching AVSforum and may answer questions asked there if you had a issue with it. maybe I can help.
Sony sync should be compatible with other makers sync systems. so they say on Sony's community web forum. I just moved into a house from across the country and have moved the setup three times. each time I lost the sync because I unplugged it. it came back once by itself. but it has not come back since the last move. I am unsure what makes it connect. still working on it. bought at 299 but I would recommend the str-dh1030 for 200 more with the wifi capabilities. I had to budget this one. yes I would buy again, it fits my current needs.
oh yes one more thing it does equalize. but it will up or down the highs or the lows only in a graduated scale.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: STRDH830
- Description: Amplify your living room with 980 watts of legendary Sony sound. When you fill your space with 7.1 channels of blistering audio, every soundtrack comes alive like never before. Connect 7 HD components and let Dolby TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs transform your experience to an unforgettable one.
- Product type Home Theater Receiver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 16.9 in x 12.7 in x 6.2 in
- Color Black
- Surround System Class 7.1 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 140 Watt - 8 Ohm - THD 10 % - 7 channel(s) ( Surround ),
105 Watt - 8 Ohm - THD 1.0 % - 2 channel(s) ( Main ),
95 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.09 % - 2 channel(s) ( Main )
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Built-in Decoders Dolby Pro Logic IIx,
Dolby Digital Plus,
Dolby Pro Logic II,
DTS-HD High Resolution,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
Dolby Pro Logic,
Dolby Pro Logic IIz,
Dolby Digital EX,
- Surround Sound Effects HD Digital Cinema Sound
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- DSP Presets Hall,
- Input Impedance 50 KOhm
- Input Sensitivity 500 mV
- Response Bandwidth 10 - 70000 Hz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 96 dB
- Bass Control Yes
- Treble Control Yes
- Additional Features BRAVIA theatre sync technology,
Auto sound calibration,
iPod and iPhone compatible,
Graphical User Interface (GUI),
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration technology
Networking & Digital Media
- USB features USB flash drive playback
- USB audio standards MP3,
- Tuner Type Radio tuner - AM/FM - Digital
- Tuner Frequency Range FM: 87.5 - 108 MHz,
AM: 530 - 1710 kHz
- Preset Station Qty 60
- AM Preset Station Qty 30
- FM Preset Station Qty 30
- Antenna Form Factor Loop AM / wire FM
- Additional Features FM stereo/mono switch,
Inputs & Outputs
- HD connectors HDMI connection(s) on this receiver make it a great choice for your High-Def home theater. One cable carries digital audio and video data directly to your display.
- Connections 1xHeadphones-Front,
1xUSB(4 pin USB Type A)-Front,
1xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Front,
5xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
1xHDMI output(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
1xMonitor output(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xComposite video/audio output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xComponent video input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xAudio line-in(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xComponent video output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xSPDIF input(RCA phono)-Rear,
1xSubwoofer output(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xFront channel output(Banana/spade x 2)-Rear,
1xCenter speaker output(Click-fit x 2)-Front,
2xSurround speakers output(Click-fit x 2)-Rear,
2xRear center speaker output(Click-fit x 2)-Rear
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- Upscaling via HDMI Up to 1080p
- Video Conversion/Scaling Analog to HDMI up conversion
- HDMI features Audio return channel (ARC) ,
3D pass-through ,
Standby pass-through ,
24p True Cinema (pass-through),
Deep Color ,
- Built-in display Fluorescent
- Display dimmer Yes
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Included accessories Auto calibration microphone,
Universal remote control
- Built-in clock Sleep timer
- Timer Sleep
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Power AC 120 V
- Power Consumption Operational 240 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 0.3 Watt