Manufacturer: Yamaha Part number: RX-V2065BL
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 3 reviews
- Continuing the Yamaha AV receiver tradition of extreme versatility and magnificent performance, the RX-V2065 features 1080p-upscaling HDMI (5 in/2 out), ultra low jitter PLL circuitry for accurate audio reproduction, easy-to-use GUI, and network functions.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/09/2014
Excellent sound / easy setup, bad FM reception
by cnetweave on December 29, 2009
Pros: Excellent sound.
Easy setup using YPAO with the included microphone.
The improved GUI coupled with the iPod dock makes it easy to navigate the iPod (confirmed video playback works with this combination)
Cons: The FM reception is terrible - I traded up from the RX-V1065 and the reception seems much worse
5th HDMI port is on the front panel
No S-video inputs
The banana plugs on the back are not standard width between left & right (dual plug won't fit)
Summary: As an HDMI AV receiver it functions extremely well, I have had no problems switching an HD Tivo, DirecTV HD DVR, PS3, Comcast SA DVR and Sony BDP-S360 to a ...
Summary: As an HDMI AV receiver it functions extremely well, I have had no problems switching an HD Tivo, DirecTV HD DVR, PS3, Comcast SA DVR and Sony BDP-S360 to a Samsung 63" Plasma TV (PN63B590T5). It is feeding all Mirage speakers except for an older M&K center channel in a mid-sized living room. The automatic setup for YPAO seems to provide the correct balance to the self-powered Mirage sub-woofer. The scene from X-Men The Last Stand where the house is lifted off the ground had my whole house shaking (the RX-V1065 also did well in this regard).As of December 1, 2010 Yamaha has released a firmware update that has fixed most of the FM reception issues. Many stations that were listenable on another brand FM tuner but not on the RX-V2065 are now listenable on the RX-V2065.
The HDMI switching seems to pass control signals from the BDP-S360 to the Samsung plasma as the BDP-S360 has the annoying habit of switching the Samsung back to TV input when powered off (need to see if that can be disabled).
If you want to make use of FM or HD Radio, this receiver is not for you - I have an FM antenna on my roof and still have trouble pulling in stations that a portable FM receiver can pull in (I don't believe the RX-V1065 had this issue - I seem to recall scanning over 30 stations whereas now I get less than 15 - my older RX-V4600 could pull in many more stations - confirmed by testing it from the same antenna feed after setting up the RX-V2065).
The lack of S-video inputs is actually a bit unbelievable - I guess they figure everyone has component video these days - so if you have older equipment you will need to settle for composite video input or get a switcher to up-convert S-video to component video. It would seem a better tradeoff to have dropped the composite in lieu of S-video
I haven't tried the network functions - but don't think DLNA support means video support (like the previous reviewer), the network functions are for audio only - there is nothing on Yamaha's site that indicates DLNA video support.
I haven't contacted Yamaha via phone with regards to the FM reception issue, but everyone seems to be reporting the same issue. If this gets fixed I would probably give it 4 1/2 stars. I would still deduct 1/2 for lack of S-video and putting the 5th HDMI input on the front-panel. The 5th HDMI input also isn't switched from the remote the same way as the 1st four. For hooking up an HD camcorder or still camera it is probably more convenient, but I would still rather have it in the back of the unit.
This doesn't have the extremely flexible input routing capabilities of the higher end receivers, but it does have some capability for input routing.
It is also significantly lighter (27.4 vs 39.7 lbs) and has a smaller footprint than the RX-V4600 which had the same power rating although slightly better specs in the Dynamic Power/Channel ratings.
If you don't need the 5th HDMI port, 3rd zone, network features or additional amplifier power and HD Radio is important to you, you will be better served with the less expensive RX-V1065.
If you need more inputs / more flexibility with input routing - you will probably want to wait for a successor to the 1900/3900 series (assuming there will be one).
Updated on Dec 16, 2010
Look for V037.104.038 or later firmware to resolve the FM reception issues. Note that the newer RX-A series receivers had a similar issue that is also resolved with a firmware update. Contact Yamaha technical support in order to obtain the update if it isn't available through the normal download site by the time you read this.
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great sound quality
by lovelinb on December 6, 2011
Pros: Great Sound
Cons: Lacks Customization
poor FM reception
Limited Internet radio channels
Does not support video streaming
by IP_Enthusiast on December 1, 2009
Pros: Nice audio and photos, but...
Cons: Supports DLNA but will not play videos from my home media server.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Part number: RX-V2065BL
- Description: Continuing the Yamaha AV receiver tradition of extreme versatility and magnificent performance, the RX-V2065 features 1080p-upscaling HDMI (5 in/2 out), ultra low jitter PLL circuitry for accurate audio reproduction, easy-to-use GUI, and network functions.
- Product type AV network receiver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 17.1 in x 14.4 in x 6.7 in
- Color Black
- Surround System Class 7.2 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 130 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08 % - 7 channel(s) ( Surround )
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Audio D/A Converter 24bit / 192kHz
- Built-in Decoders Dolby Pro Logic IIx,
Dolby Digital Plus,
Dolby Digital EX,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
- Surround Sound Effects SILENT CINEMA DSP,
Virtual CINEMA DSP,
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- DSP Preset Qty 17
- Input Impedance 47 KOhm
- Input Sensitivity 200 mV
- Response Bandwidth 10 - 100000 Hz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 100 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.06 %
- Output Power (Total) 910 Watt
- Bass Control Yes
- Treble Control Yes
- Additional Features Source direct,
Sirius satellite radio ready,
Compressed music enhancer,
Multi-room audio output,
XM satellite radio ready,
Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO)
Networking & Digital Media
- Internet streaming services Rhapsody
- Network audio standards AAC,
- USB features USB flash drive playback
- USB audio standards WMA,
- Tuner Type Radio / HD radio tuner - AM/FM - Digital
- Tuning Display Fluorescent display
- Antenna Form Factor Loop AM / wire FM
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 80 dB
Inputs & Outputs
- HD connectors HDMI connection(s) on this receiver make it a great choice for your High-Def home theater. One cable carries digital audio and video data directly to your display.
- Connections 1xHeadphones-Front,
1xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Front,
1xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Front,
1xUSB(4 pin USB Type A)-Front,
4xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
1xHDMI output(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
1xComponent video output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xComponent video input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xSerial(9 pin D-Sub)-Rear,
1xPhono input(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
2xAudio line-in(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xAudio line-out(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1x7.1 channel audio line-in(RCA phono x 8)-Rear,
2xAudio line-out (multi zone)(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
2xDigital audio input (coaxial)(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xDigital audio input (optical)-Rear,
1xDigital audio output (optical)-Rear,
2xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xComposite video input(RCA phono)-Rear,
1xComposite video/audio output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xMonitor output(RCA phono)-Rear,
11xSpeakers output(Banana/spade x 2)-Rear
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Output Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- Upscaling via HDMI Up to 1080p
- Video Conversion/Scaling Analog to HDMI up conversion,
HDMI to HDMI scaling
- DVD/Bul-ray upscaling Yes
- HDMI features Up to 1080p
- Built-in display Fluorescent
- Display dimmer Yes
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Second remote control type Simple remote control
- Included accessories FM antenna,
Simple remote control,
Universal remote control,
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 20.9 in
- Depth 18.1 in
- Height 10.6 in
- Weight 28.9 lbs