Manufacturer: Yamaha Part number: RX-V671BL
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|4MD Medical|| Not yet rated || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 11/24/2013
|Amazon.com Marketplace|| || || |
as of 12/21/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $449.88
- Reviewed by: Matthew Moskovciak and Steve Guttenberg
- Edited by: John Falcone
- Reviewed on: 07/27/2011
- Released on: 05/25/2011
The good: The Yamaha RX-V671 has excellent sound quality and six HDMI inputs, including a handy front-panel input. It has a solid collection of built-in streaming-music apps including Pandora, Rhapsody, and Sirius XM. And while the user interface isn't great compared with other home theater components, it's one of the best available on AV receivers.
The bad: There's no built-in AirPlay support. Also, the similar Onkyo TX-NR609 costs about $100 less, although it doesn't sound quite as good. No Wi-Fi dongle is available, either, although there are plenty of solid workarounds.
The bottom line: The Yamaha RX-V671 sounds excellent and supports several high-quality streaming-music services, but it lacks built-in AirPlay support.
One feature missed in the review.
by BlackPenguin on August 13, 2011
Pros: Plenty of sound presets that make sense. Ex: Rock concert, action movie, those terms make sense.
Cons: A little shy on analog inputs.
Summary: I hope I got the subject line right. I believe that is how it is spelled. This receiver has audissy tech in it. This allows you to set the minimum ...
Summary: I hope I got the subject line right. I believe that is how it is spelled. This receiver has audissy tech in it. This allows you to set the minimum and or maximum volume. Which takes care of the MASSIVE volume changes in shows. I haven't bought it yet, but I do intend to and I don't really need a new receiver since mine works perfect well, but because of this tech I am going to replace mine.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
This is an excellent product.
by JohnFredy85 on May 28, 2012
Pros: * network player, plays music from ipod, iphone and mp3 from usb flash drive
* 1080p upscale output, support for 3D and ARC
* quality onscreen menu, very easy to use
Cons: - No Wifi dongle available.
Summary: For once a product that is BETTER than expected, and I expected a lot. The finest, user friendly, great sounding home theater receiver on the market today. Zero frustration hooking ...
Summary: For once a product that is BETTER than expected, and I expected a lot. The finest, user friendly, great sounding home theater receiver on the market today. Zero frustration hooking it up and getting it running. Unlike the Denon product which takes a rocket science degree to get working. 5 STARS !!!
I bought this produck from AMAZON. simply click http://*******/YamahaRX-v671 if you wanna buy one.
by AustinMusicFan on February 6, 2012
Pros: Ease of setup. Multi-HDMI inputs. Great sound, features, price.
Cons: None, so far.
Summary: I'm early in to my user experience but, so far, I'm very pleased. I'm replacing a high end Rotel receiver that was 5 years old which had ...
Summary: I'm early in to my user experience but, so far, I'm very pleased. I'm replacing a high end Rotel receiver that was 5 years old which had some compatibility issues with newer components, limited HDMI inputs and required separate digital sound to accompany HDMI picture.
Mixed results. Am I using it wrong?
by noodlepuss on September 23, 2011
Pros: When the stars align, sounds phenomenal - crisp, clear, well-differentiated sound.
Cons: After owning the receiver for 2 months, I still can't tell what combination of soundstage and music/movie surround decoding is appropriate. They sound different from program to program and all of them seem so *particular* that it's hard for me to settle
Summary: It may be a function of a lack of sophistication on my part, but I'm increasingly frustrated by this unit. It seems to provide inconsistent sound with soundstages that ...
Summary: It may be a function of a lack of sophistication on my part, but I'm increasingly frustrated by this unit. It seems to provide inconsistent sound with soundstages that are overly specific or stylized - perhaps a reader can point me to a good guide to choosing the right settings.. With so many soundstages, it would be better for the many-buttoned remote to have more that are assignable to specific settings, so that one needn't scroll through soundstages when listening to different types of music.
All in all I feel that a great receiver should leave no doubt that it's doing a great job, but my experience with it so far is a neverending series of second-guesses.
The audio-video sync and the novel pauses and flashes when switching between channels are extremely irritating. I do not know if all HD-capable receivers are now plaguing us with these inconveniences.
If I am able to resolve these issues I will update.
0 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Incomprehensible instructions; cannot register product.
by VictorySpeedway on November 15, 2011
Pros: None that I can see so far
Cons: Incomprehensible instructions. I have NO CLUE how to install this thing.
Summary: I am not an electrical engineer. The instructions offer no clue as to how to hook this thing up. Lots of words, no instruction. There are no simple wiring diagrams. ...
Summary: I am not an electrical engineer. The instructions offer no clue as to how to hook this thing up. Lots of words, no instruction. There are no simple wiring diagrams. Once I get everything attached, I foresee a three-ring circus trying to adjust the #@$% thing.
I'm going to allow myself four hours of total frustration before I put this miserable contraption back in the box and return it to the store.
I tried three times to register this monstrosity at the Yamaha website. "There was a problem... try again." Hey, Yamaha, there's a problem - try again. @!%^&!!
0 out of 9 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Part number: RX-V671BL
- Description: The RX-V671 AV receiver adds networking capabilities for countless hours of Internet music streaming enjoyment along with iPhone AV controller App compatibility. Featuring HD Audio decoding, 1080p-compatible HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel, front panel USB input, on-screen GUI, Cinema DSP 3D surround without front presence speakers, yAired / iPod/iPhone and Bluetooth compatibility, YPAO, SCENE buttons, plus much, much more.
- Product type Home Theater Network Receiver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 17.1 in x 14.3 in x 6.4 in
- Color Black
- Surround System Class 7.1 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 125 Watt,
8 Ohm - THD 0.9 % - 7 channel(s) ( Surround )
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Audio D/A Converter 24bit / 192kHz
- Built-in Decoders Dolby TrueHD,
Dolby Digital Plus,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
Dolby Pro Logic IIx,
DTS-HD High Resolution
- Surround Sound Effects SILENT CINEMA DSP,
Virtual CINEMA DSP
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- DSP Preset Qty 17
- Response Bandwidth 20 - 20000 Hz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 100 dB
- Output Power (Total) 630 Watt
- Additional Features 3D ready technology,
iPod and iPhone compatible,
YPAO automatic system calibration
Networking & Digital Media
- Connectivity Ethernet ,
Bluetooth ready, adapter sold separately
- Internet streaming services Napster,
Sirius internet radio
- DLNA Yes
- Network audio standards AAC,
- USB features USB flash drive playback
- USB audio standards WAV,
- Tuner Type Radio tuner - AM/FM - Digital
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.09%
- Additional Features Sirius satellite radio ready
- Equalizer type Built-in
Inputs & Outputs
- HD connectors HDMI connection(s) on this receiver make it a great choice for your High-Def home theater. One cable carries digital audio and video data directly to your display.
- Connections 1xHeadphones-Front,
1xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Front,
1xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Front,
5xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
1xHDMI output(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
2xComponent video input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xComponent video output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xSPDIF input(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xComposite video input(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xComposite video/audio output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xAudio line-in(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xMonitor output(RCA phono)-Rear,
1xSubwoofer output(RCA phono)-Rear,
7xSpeakers output(Banana/spade x 2)-Rear,
1xUSB(4 pin USB Type A)-Front,
2xSpeakers output(Click-fit x 2)-Rear,
1xAudio line-out(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xAudio line-out (multi zone)(RCA phono x 2)-Rear
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- Upscaling via HDMI Up to 1080p
- Video Conversion/Scaling Analog to HDMI up conversion
- DVD/Bul-ray upscaling Yes
- HDMI features 3D pass-through
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Included accessories [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Miscellaneous] FM antenna,
Universal remote control,
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Service & Support 2 year warranty