Manufacturer: Yamaha Part number: RX-V673BL
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.5 stars out of 1 review
- The RX-V673 features versatile speaker options. These include: 7.2ch surround, front presence, Bi-Amp main speakers or independent Zone 2 operation. Yamaha AV Controller App provides simple network control in either Zone. Use advanced YPAO (RSC) auto calibration and sophisticated Graphic User Interface to expedite setup and ensure accuracy. Enjoy ECO mode today and 4k video up-scaling for next generation ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/22/2014
by Kenny-Watkins on March 25, 2013
Pros: + App is great, calibration is great, and the user interface is straight forward
+ Easy to setup, iOS Remote Apps, Amazingly intuitive
Cons: - Does not have built in WiFi.
- Does not play video from USB
Summary: Let's jump to it. Im not going to sit here and ramble on about why you should buy this product. There are plenty of other people doing that.
Summary: Let's jump to it. Im not going to sit here and ramble on about why you should buy this product. There are plenty of other people doing that.Edit:
I hate to break it to you, but the receiver is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to audio / video.
If you're within $200 of this box then get it. I had an Onkyo and the HDMI board crapped out on me, look it up, there's plenty of stories out there on it.
The receiver is great! The app is great, the calibration is great, and the user interface is straight forward. (Owned it 3 months).
FYI, 7.2 doesnt mean you can drive 2 subs in the same room without a sub splitter. It means you can support a 5.1 & 2.1 multi room set-up, or a 7.1 single room set up.
I feel like Yamaha has gone in too hard with Apple products with the air play and IPOD support. Im an android guy myself and I still bought this box. You can still integrate your android devices but you have to get a little more clever about it.
People like us in this price range want something dependable and reliable. You want to be able to turn it on and navigate between sources without it glitching out, or bounce speakers (if you got em). Just be realistic about your expectations and what your getting.
This is a sound receiver that will last a long time, and if you know anything about this, you know that. Simplicity and reliablity is what you want in a receiver. You peripherals will do the complex processing.
If you're sitting here reading this and you're on the fence about buying this box, then BUY IT! Other wise, find yourself a good HTIB or sound bar and call it good (But dont complain later about how much a HTIB or sound bar sucks). The real fun comes when you start pairing the receivier with speakers, subs, amps, and TV's. Its an ongoing process (Again, if this is new then go back to HTIB or sound bar).
Bottom line, this is a great receiver. The remote sucks, but they all do. The On Screen Display sucks, but they all do. The app is actually easier to navigate than the remote, and I think Yamaha knows that, and apparently in this price range thats their solution. The wireless network integration is surprisingly seamless. I went from "in the box" to pulling music wirelessly from my PC in 15 minutes, seriously. Its almost anti-climatic.
Another FYI- In order to use the App to talk to the box, you must be on your home wireless network, with your smartphone / PC. Internet access through your cell phone provider wont do it, unless thats what your receiver is piped through. Took me about 15 minutes to figure that out.
I haven't had to deal with the sustomer support.
I cant say anything bad about this box, because my expectations are realistic.
Last FYI - I paid this same price, pre Thanksgiving and Christmas (2012), so prices are holding. That should tell you something about this electronic device. If its priced too good to be true, then it probably is. Onkyo is on a fire sell right now for a reason. If price holds, then its worth it. Im sure you can find cheaper out there, but you're doing just that.
Note: I suggest you have to read full review and check for best deal at: www.avreceiverreviewsbuy.com/7-2-network-av-receivers/yamaha-rx-v673-review.html
Hope this review is helpful
Updated on Jan 4, 2014
I suggest you have to check for best deal at: avreceivercj.wordpress.com/yamaha-rx-v673/
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Part number: RX-V673BL
- Description: The RX-V673 features versatile speaker options. These include: 7.2ch surround, front presence, Bi-Amp main speakers or independent Zone 2 operation. Yamaha AV Controller App provides simple network control in either Zone. Use advanced YPAO (RSC) auto calibration and sophisticated Graphic User Interface to expedite setup and ensure accuracy. Enjoy ECO mode today and 4k video up-scaling for next generation super-high resolution displays. Refined digital processing for an enriched audio video experience. This AV receiver's HDMI input/output supports 4K video image pass-through. It also can perform 4K upscaling to boost a lower resolution image to super high-def resolution. This ensures compatibility with the latest super high resolution video formats. HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable. This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet Radio and operate your system via Web Browser Control. The AV Controller app (from iTunes App Store or Android Market) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones. This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can use view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art via AV receiver's on-screen display. Some models don't support album art display. YPAO-R.S.C. analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds. Yamaha's latest Graphical User Interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable Status Bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures. Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is off, all 7.1 channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two Surround Back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2, and the Main Zone will receive 5.1 channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two Surround Back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there's no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiver - one more way Yamaha makes your life a little easier. The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound. Dialog Lift raises the sound of dialog from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Newly developed virtual dialog lift achieves dialog lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialog Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialog and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening. When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should. Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialog and vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials, and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening, when you do not want to disturb others.
- Product type Home Theater Network Receiver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 17.1 in x 14.4 in x 6.7 in
- Color Black
- Surround System Class 7.2 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 90 Watt,
8 Ohm - THD 0.9 % - 7 channel(s),
8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.09 % - 2 channel(s) ( Main )
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Audio D/A Converter 24bit / 192kHz
- Built-in Decoders Dolby TrueHD,
Dolby Digital Plus,
Dolby Pro Logic IIx,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Surround Sound Effects CINEMA DSP 3D,
SILENT CINEMA DSP,
Virtual CINEMA DSP
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- DSP Preset Qty 17
- Apple AirPlay AirPlay built-in
- Additional Features Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO),
DLNA 1.5 certified,
iPod and iPhone compatible,
Android smartphone compatible
Networking & Digital Media
- Connectivity Ethernet
- Internet streaming services vTuner
- DLNA Yes
- Network protocols supported DHCP
- Network audio standards AAC,
- USB features USB flash drive playback
- USB audio standards WAV,
- Tuner Type Radio tuner - AM/FM - Digital
Inputs & Outputs
- HD connectors HDMI connection(s) on this receiver make it a great choice for your High-Def home theater. One cable carries digital audio and video data directly to your display.
- Connections 1xHeadphones-Front,
1xUSB(4 pin USB Type A)-Front,
1xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Front,
1xComposite video input(RCA phono)-Front,
5xHDMI input(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
1xHDMI output(19 pin HDMI Type A)-Rear,
2xComponent video input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xComponent video output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xSPDIF input(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xComposite video input(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xComposite video/audio input(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
1xComposite video/audio output(RCA phono x 3)-Rear,
2xAudio line-in(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xMonitor output(RCA phono)-Rear,
2xSubwoofer output(RCA phono)-Rear,
7xSpeakers output(Banana/spade x 2)-Rear,
2xSpeakers output(Click-fit x 2)-Rear,
2xAudio line-out (multi zone)(RCA phono x 2)-Rear,
1xDC power output(4 pin USB Type A)
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- Upscaling via HDMI Up to 4K
- Video Conversion/Scaling Analog to HDMI up conversion
- DVD/Bul-ray upscaling Yes
- HDMI features 4K pass through ,
Audio return channel (ARC) ,
Supports 3D video ,
Standby pass-through ,
Deep Color ,
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Included accessories FM antenna,
Universal remote control,
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 0.1 Watt
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 17.5 in
- Depth 20.9 in
- Height 9.9 in
- Weight 27.6 lbs