Magellan RoadMate 9055-LM
Manufacturer: Magellan Part number: RM9055SGLUC
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/17/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $279.95
- Reviewed by: Antuan Goodwin
- Reviewed on: 04/23/2012
The good: The Magellan RoadMate 9055-LM features lifetime traffic data and lifetime map updates. The large 7-inch screen makes the map easier to read at a glance. The flexible cradle allows for creative positioning.
The bad: The cradle's arm wiggles quite a bit when interacting with the navigator. Destination entry is slow thanks to a laggy interface. Search algorithm is extremely picky about how you search for things.
The bottom line: The Magellan RoadMate 9055-LM is a great navigator for those who think that size matters, but laggy performance causes it to fall behind much of its smaller competitors.
Great Unit with only 1 major flaw.
by Harold_Card on March 25, 2013
Pros: Great verbal directions and alerts (Visual & Audible). Alert for traffic conditions saved many hours of traffic headaches. Would recommend unit as long as you can live with the con listed below.
Cons: Constantly losing non-state roads. Leave on 24 hours a day due to emergency response and after approx. 1 week all non-state roads disappear. Turning the unit off & then back on does not resolve the issue. Must reconnect to computer to get roads back.
Summary: The only "major" flaw is losing of all state roads when the unit is left on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At least one time a week ...
Summary: The only "major" flaw is losing of all state roads when the unit is left on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At least one time a week the unit has to be reconnected to the computer via a USB cable in order to get all the non-state roads back. Once the non-state roads disappear, you will get an invalid address. It looks as if you are in a middle of a field. Powering off the unit and powering it back on will not work. In addition, unplugging the unit from the cigarette adapter which causes a power down, leaving it powered off for 30 minutes and powering back on still does not rectify the issue.
Majority of the times the maps are up to date. Not perfect, but I am sure a lot of GPS's are like that. Traveled to Fort Dix, NJ (for my first time) and it had me turn into a road to get on the base that has been closed for over 4 years. After getting on base, the address took me to the edge of the woods and instructed me the destination was on the right in 500 feet. The address was correct, however; the GPS Unit did not know where to go. (Maybe a government thing, but I do not think so).
A minor issue, when you decide to go straight instead of turning because of a known obstacle (road construction), the GPS Unit shows you as turning. This is no big deal as the unit assumes you are making a turn. This is really bad when you have to make a Left, then a right, followed by another left. Had this issue in Maryland when there was a new traffic pattern. After making a wrong turn, I was able to navigate back and get back on track. The unit was 100% inaccurate during this whole process. I believe it was due to maps being out of date.
When searching for a resteraunt, where there is no known name, for example, search for "Bobs Place". After searching for about 3 minutes, the unit just shuts off and reboots. This happens all the time.
If using just the navigation without providing a destination address the GPS Unit is extremely accurate, within meters of your actual location.
Magellan provides online software updates and map updates for this unit. I initially had a problem getting the Map Updates for this unit, but they changed their software to allow this unit to receive updates. I kinda wonder if I got a bad unit with the issues I have been experiencing.
Although I have had some bad experiences, I would definitely recommend this unit. It is great and you can work around these issues, although the money that is spent, you should not have these problems.
Only suggestion, I wish it had a blue tooth interface that I could send a destination address to the GPS Unit from my iPhone and have it use my currently location as the starting address. This is great for emergency response vehicles.
- Manufacturer: Magellan
- Part number: RM9055SGLUC
- Description: The Magellan RoadMate 9055-LM is a premium GPS navigator with a huge 7" touch screen and packed with features including Bluetooth calling, OneTouch favorites menu, free lifetime traffic alerts, highway lane assist and built-in AAA TourBook, plus much more.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type GPS receiver
- Recommended Use Automotive
- Preloaded Maps USA,
- Card Reader microSD
- Interface USB 2.0,
- Voice Street name announcement,
- Included Software Magellan RoadMate USA and Canada maps
- Antenna Built-in
- Accuracy Position - 10 ft - 16 ft
- Features Built-in microphone,
Automatic day/night mode,
Highway lane assist,
OneTouch favorites menu,
Hands-free calling via Bluetooth,
AAA Roadside Assistance
- Type TFT - Color - Yes
- Diagonal Size 7 in - Widescreen
- Features Transmissive
- Connector Type USB 2.0,
Headphones / line-out - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Type Lithium ion
- Run Time (Up To) 30 min
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 7.63 in
- Depth 0.75 in
- Height 4.53 in
- Weight 12 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 14 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 158 °F
- Alpine PXA-H100 - audio signal processor (32957687)128.88 - 149.99
- AudioBahn ATB 6AT - car subwoofer (31347181)149.99
- Audiovox CAMSBAR 2-Sensor Back-up Obstacle Sensing System and Camera (33650110)129.99
- Alpine CDA-9857 (31732933)199.99
- Alpine CDE 126BT - radio / CD / MP3 player / digital player (34465942)192.26
- BOSS BV 9354 DVD player with LCD monitor, AM/FM tuner, digital player (34298190)166.48 - 197.99
- Alpine Type-R SPR-17C - car speaker (32399937)41.69 - 119.00
- Alpine Type-S SPS-517 - car speaker (34640912)59.95 - 99.99
- Alpine Type-S SPS-610 - car speaker (34640915)26.99 - 99.99
- XOvision navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (34534936)249.00 - 267.57
- Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT GPS receiver (35056758)229.99
- Garmin Nuvi 1490T (33639231)159.95 - 299.99
- Alpine MRP M500 - amplifier (32855748)141.97 - 319.99
- Alpine X-Power MRX-F30 - amplifier (34639577)157.99 - 299.99
- AudioBahn A8002T - amplifier (30603590)219.99