TomTom GO Live 1535M
Manufacturer: TomTom Part number: 1535m
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Best Buy|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/27/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 08/27/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $179.99 - $235.00
- Reviewed by: Antuan Goodwin
- Reviewed on: 10/13/2011
The good: The TomTom GO Live 1535M features a suite of destination searching apps from Yelp, Expedia, Trip Advisor, and Google. Twitter integration allows users to update friends and family with ETAs in a manner safer than texting. Other Live services, such as HD Traffic, fuel prices, and weather forecasts, round out the unit's great connectivity service.
The bad: Searching the connected services is clunky and, at times, unintuitive.
The bottom line: The TomTom GO Live 1535M's is a solidly performing GPS device and its app integration for search is a nice first, but that's hardly this PND's strongest feature.
Can not recommend purchase at this time.
by BFAuer on April 7, 2012
Pros: Good list of features.
Cons: Bug in Bluetooth needs to be addressed.
Summary: I just purchased the TomTom GO Live 1535M for personal and professional use. I spend a good part of my working day on the road navigating the roads of Suffolk ...
Summary: I just purchased the TomTom GO Live 1535M for personal and professional use. I spend a good part of my working day on the road navigating the roads of Suffolk Co., NY. My past experience using TomTom GPS devices has been mostly positive, and that is what influenced me the most when deciding to purchase this new unit.
HOWEVER, the one feature I was most interested in "Bluetooth" connectivity to my cell phone has major flaws. The "Phone Book" after being imported from my cell phone to the GPS device is unintelligible. After much research at the TomTom web sight support page, and finally by direct phone contact with customer service tech support the official answer to this vexing problem is: TomTom is aware of the problem and at this time they offer NO solution. The tech support person took my name and e-mail address and stated that at some time in the future (unspecified) TomTom hopes to have an update available for download to address this issue. TomTom will contact me when it becomes available. If you are also afflicted by this malfunction (I'm sure it applies to all 1535's) I suggest you call customer service tech support at: 1-866-486-6866 and ask to be added to the list of persons to be contacted when a fix is available.
My personal experience has been that when a reputable manufacture such as TomTom is made aware of a product defect by a large number of their customers, and that such a defect may affect their good reputation a responsible company will make every effort to rectify the situation sooner rather than later. To that point, I believe the more people affected by this defect that contact TomTom the better.
Keep in mind that although your phone book feature may not be working the "Bluetooth" function will work for making and receiving hands free calls. If you have a TomTom GO Live 1535M I encourage all of you to continue use the hands free phone feature while driving and if you can avoid using the phone while driving even better. Remember Safety First!
As the review above by Antuan Goodwin pointed out their are many good and useful features for this TomTom Go Live 1535M but without all the bugs being worked out I'll have to hold off on any recommendation to buy it at this time. Hopefully that may change soon. I don't think TomTom wants the Microsoft reputation of early release of undeveloped products with fixes to come later.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
I need a good GPS for work.
by TheGarageRepairGuy on March 13, 2012
Pros: I am not reviewing this specific device but tom tom in general. I am sure they all use the same software to get you from point a to point b.
This does get you from point a to b and I like the option to choose your arrival time.
Cons: It gets you from a to b but can be really annoying.
Summary: You start the trip and it says stay on this highway for 22 miles then exit. But during that 22 miles it tells you not to exit on almost every ...
Summary: You start the trip and it says stay on this highway for 22 miles then exit. But during that 22 miles it tells you not to exit on almost every off ramp. I want to know where to get off and not be bugged at every exit with it telling you not to take that exit. It is like stopping on the street for directions and someone saying "Do you see the first light up the street? Don't turn there. Do you see the second stop light? Don't turn there either. Do you see the third light? Yeah, don't turn there either. Do you see the fourth one? You have to turn right there." I drive about 2000 miles a month for work and have to listen to this stupid thing tell me to NOT get off the freeway about 200 times a day. It is about as annoying as can be. Then you start to ignore it and end up missing your exits. I hate it.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Jams car radio
by insane consumer on January 26, 2013
Pros: I bought it at WalMart for 200.00. I was intrigued with the voice navigation feature. The unit functioned as expected.
Cons: When I turned on the car radio a speaker shattering buzz resulted. The unit apparently has a shielding problem.
Summary: I've lost my confidence in the unit and TomTom and will be returning it tomorrow. Perhaps a replacement would work better but this should not have occurred with this ...
Summary: I've lost my confidence in the unit and TomTom and will be returning it tomorrow. Perhaps a replacement would work better but this should not have occurred with this unit.
- Manufacturer: TomTom
- Part number: 1535m
- Description: Keep your hands on wheel with Bluetooth hands-free calling. After pairing your compatible Bluetooth mobile phone to your TomTom GPS, you'll be able to see incoming call information, make and answer calls, and talk hands-free through your device. You'll even have access your mobile phone book. Keep your eyes on the road with intuitive voice recognition. With access to voice commands, you can speak you destination address naturally, in one simple step.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type GPS receiver
- Recommended Use Automotive
- Preloaded Maps USA,
- Interface USB,
- Functions & Services Lane Assistant
- Traffic TomTom HD Traffic
- Voice Voice command recognition,
Street name announcement,
- Included Software TomTom LIVE Services (1 year)
- Antenna Built-in
- Internal Memory 4 GB Flash
- Features Local Search with Google,
IQ Routes technology,
Lifetime map updates,
Advanced Lane Guidance
- Type LCD - Color - Yes
- Diagonal Size 5 in - Widescreen
- Resolution 480 x 272
- Display Illumination Yes
- Menu Language French,
- Connector Type USB,
Headset - Bluetooth
- Design Features Touch screen
- Included Accessories Dashboard disc,
USB car charger,
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 5.3 in
- Depth 1.4 in
- Height 3.7 in
- Weight 8.5 oz
- Alpine PXA-H100 - audio signal processor (32957687)128.88 - 149.99
- Atrend 10" Dual Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure for 1996-2002 Dodge Ram Extended Cab Trucks, Charcoal (33411291)119.95
- AudioBahn High Excursion AW1000V - car subwoofer driver (31966540)119.95
- Alpine CDE 126BT - radio / CD / MP3 player / digital player (34465942)192.26
- Alpine CDE 135BT - radio / CD / MP3 player / digital player (35175870)150.00 - 189.99
- BOSS BV 8.5BA DVD player / LCD monitor (33578207)140.99 - 241.13
- Alpine Type-R SPR-17C - car speaker (32399937)41.69 - 119.00
- Alpine Type-S SPS-510 - car speaker (34640909)54.99 - 89.99
- Alpine Type-S SPS-517 - car speaker (34640912)59.95 - 99.99
- Garmin Nuvi 2460 LMT (34468460)107.00 - 237.32
- Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT GPS receiver (35056758)229.99
- Garmin Nuvi 1490T (33639231)159.95 - 299.99
- BOSS DISRUPT DST4000D - amplifier (35170844)165.99 - 246.26
- BOSS Marine MR1000 - amplifier (33854762)192.50 - 199.99
- BOSS PHANTOM PH5000D - amplifier (34115428)156.00 - 309.95