TomTom XL 350-TM (Lifetime Traffic & Maps Edition)
Manufacturer: TomTom Part number: 1ET0.019.04
- More product information:
- Editors' review
- User reviews
- Product series
- Manufacturer info
- Bottom Line:
- The TomTom XL 350 and XXL 550 series of GPS devices represent a marked improvement over the previous generation, keeping its great form factor while streamlining its software.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/25/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $169.99
- Reviewed by: Antuan Goodwin
- Reviewed on: 11/02/2010
The good: TomTom's interface has undergone a massive overhaul with this new series, resulting in a menu structure that's much easier to navigate. Trip routing happened quickly, and turn-by-turn directions were clear and concise. TomTom's EasyPort mount keeps the cradle with the GPS device at all times, which is great for portability.
The bad: Traffic service requires power cable to be plugged in. Some menu options are oddly labeled. Lifetime traffic model occasionally overlays ads on the map screen.
The bottom line: The TomTom XL 350 and XXL 550 series of GPS devices represent a marked improvement over the previous generation, keeping its great form factor while streamlining its software.
Good GPS and easy to use for few $$$
by Rootmann on July 24, 2010
Pros: Quick rout processing, Lots of colors schemes both day/night downloadable, IQ routes, quick rerouting, Intuitive for less computer saavy users, easy favorites entry, easy to read screnn, speed indicator, accurate arrival times/miles to go, etc.
Cons: Needs screen dimmer for night, traffic doesn't always tell you it's ahead, needs more than 2GB memory for maps, touch screen can be too sensitive somtimes,
Summary: A very good value if you can get it on sale for around $100 with discounts. Lots of features for the money and easy to use if you haven't ...
Summary: A very good value if you can get it on sale for around $100 with discounts. Lots of features for the money and easy to use if you haven't had a GPS before. Small size makes it easy to store or put in your pocket for walking around use. Pretty easy to master quickly if you're not a geek. Downloadable color schemes and voices are great. Magellean 3045-TM is better, but then it's $299. Garmins more expensive units outperform it, but then for this money, this dog hunts with the best of them
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Nice GPS, large screen
by jr4961 on August 23, 2010
Pros: Lifetime Maps (dont buy one without lifetime maps) ease of use
Cons: Bracket mounting too thick on back and does not connect securely. Comes off the bracket when you attempt to move it in any direction. No elevation function available.
Summary: Ease of use, Lifetime Maps and many POI selections.
Summary: Ease of use, Lifetime Maps and many POI selections.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
If I could give it ZERO Stars I would.
by HOG66 on January 26, 2012
Pros: Absolutely Nothing!!!
Cons: Life Time Maps-every time I update it locks up & I spend 30 minutes on phone w/ cust serv & then 2hr download.
Traffic-its based on other TomTom GPS unit info & rarely useful.
Now after my 3rd Update it locks up when I hit NAV command !!!
Summary: I had a Garmin Nuvi model & gave that to my wife - now I'm going to buy another Garmin. Not only have I had the above problems with ...
Summary: I had a Garmin Nuvi model & gave that to my wife - now I'm going to buy another Garmin. Not only have I had the above problems with updating the maps, the software/interface with the map is no where near as user friendly as the the Garmin unit. This is coming from someone that is a commercial pilot & flight instructor. So I'm pretty familiar with all type of navigation devices.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
I LOVE This! It's great for beginners!
by drshurley on February 12, 2012
Pros: GPS navigation is a new experience for me. I quickly learned the basics and used unir continuously while on a 7000 mile drive which I embarked on about two weeks after receipt of the unit. I wonder how I survived so long without it!
Cons: 1) I'd like to use it for geo-caching, but haven't figured out how to enter Long/Lat coordinates - no way to enter them as a destination. 2) Way points along route aren't announced when you arrive - only final destination is announced.
Summary: This is a great first GPS unit. I recommend it to other newbies like myself. My work-around for the unannounced way points along route works well for me: 1) Program ...
Summary: This is a great first GPS unit. I recommend it to other newbies like myself. My work-around for the unannounced way points along route works well for me: 1) Program my final destination; 2) Change route "Travel via"; 3) Find the intermediate destination and program it; 4) Change Route>New Route>Recent Destinations; 5) Pick the interim destination as your final destination; 6) Upon reaching your that destination, re-program unit to your original destination.
- Manufacturer: TomTom
- Part number: 1ET0.019.04
- Description: With TomTom XL, the attractive EasyPort mount can be left on the device and folded flat after use. The complete unit, including the mount, is then small enough to fit into a shirt pocket or bag when you leave the vehicle. In addition, the TomTom XL is equipped with a completely revised audio system so that navigation instructions are even more loud and clear at all times - even above outside traffic noise or a car full of excited children. Enjoy a lifetime of easy driving with free updates of the industry's most accurate map and real-time traffic information.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type GPS receiver
- Recommended Use Automotive
- Preloaded Maps USA,
- Interface USB
- Functions & Services IQ routes technology,
- Voice Navigation instructions
- Included Software TomTom HOME
- Antenna Built-in
- Features Speed limit warning,
IQ Routes technology,
TomTom Map Share technology,
Plug & go,
TMC (Traffic Message Channel) ready,
2D / 3D map perspective,
Advanced Lane Guidance,
- Type TFT - Color - Yes
- Diagonal Size 4.3 in - Widescreen
- Resolution 480 x 272
- Display Illumination Yes
- Menu Language Hungarian,
- Features Anti-glare
- Trip Computer Street address search,
- Type Lithium ion
- Included Qty 1
- Run Time (Up To) 3 hour(s)
- Design Features Touch screen
- Included Accessories Dashboard disc,
USB car charger,
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 4.7 in
- Depth 0.9 in
- Height 3.2 in
- Weight 7 oz
- Alpine SHS-N205 Dual Source Wireless Headphone (32924730)45.95 - 49.99
- AudioBahn AW 1051T - car subwoofer driver (30621456)41.99
- AudioBahn AW 1251T - car subwoofer driver (30621455)49.99
- BOSS 647CK - radio / CD / MP3 player / digital player (34912308)79.49 - 81.06
- BOSS 725CA - radio / CD / MP3 player (33577167)84.88
- BOSS 728CA - radio / CD / MP3 player (34955825)64.17 - 90.00
- Alpine Type-S SPS-1005 - car speaker (31346832)34.28
- AudioBahn Dual Cone AS24N - car speaker (34867438)24.99
- Audiovox Jensen POWERPLUS525 - car speaker (32575492)29.00 - 34.99
- TomTom XL 340 S (33606060)91.99 - 129.99
- Dual XGPS251 - GPS receiver module (34210266)92.65 - 113.16
- Garmin Nuvi 205W (32902071)100.49 - 104.95
- BOSS DIABLO D1300.2 - amplifier (33577015)110.00
- Boston Acoustics GTA 2011 GTA-602 - amplifier (34652790)79.95 - 152.80
- Cerwin-Vega Stealth SX220.2 - amplifier (35153063)79.99