Zoombak Advanced GPS Car and Family Locator - GPS tracking device
Manufacturer: Zoombak Part number: ZMBK200
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 1.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Zoombak's Advanced GPS Car and Family Locator will help you locate your car, and your loved ones in it, and help bring them home sagely. Great for monitoring teen drivers or other family members you worry about behind the wheel. In addition, the Zoonbak locator will assist you in locating your car if it is stolen. Using Assisted Global ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/08/2014
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
as of 03/08/2014
Zoombak has poor preformance
by 00440431 on May 30, 2008
Pros: nice looking device
Cons: hard to setup, poor customer service
Summary: When my son recently got his drivers license, I was very nervous because of all of the outrageous statistics about teen motor vehicle crashes. I had heard about using GPS ...
Summary: When my son recently got his drivers license, I was very nervous because of all of the outrageous statistics about teen motor vehicle crashes. I had heard about using GPS tracking systems to detect where your teen driver is, has been, and at what time and thought that was a pretty smart thing to invest in.
So I did some research and settled with Zoombak’s GPS Car and Family locator for $249.99 and pay $14.99/month. I did NOT have a very easy experience getting the device started! It took too many attempts to get the system to connect with the device and it was even sitting on my deck in clear view of an open sky. It was very frustrating. Eventually I had my tech-savvy friend help me get it started since the customer service wasn’t very helpful, and found that the battery did not last for more than two days. The locator wasn’t as accurate as I had thought it would be either. At least Zoombak has a 30-day guarantee because I sent that GPS thing back!
I found a much better product that is easy to get started using – The iFind1000 from a company called FindWhere. I didn’t have to be a tech-expert to figure this one out, I just read the quick start guide and it was working for me. I purchased the device for $199 and pay $19.95/month for 150 locates (which is plenty for me per month). It is much more precise than Zoombak and it allows you to check the location history up to a month, as my first device only had a 7 day history.
The BEST part about this device is that I can set the device so that it notifies me whenever my son exceeds a speed of 75mph(which I pre-set but you can change depending on your preference). It can also send me a text message when he enters or leaves a designated area. (I have the settings so that I am alerted if he were to enter Washington D.C. – which he knows he is not allowed to go!) I feel much more secure knowing that there is an emergency button if he were to get into a crash and he can be located in seconds.
I believe that every parent of a new teen driver should invest in this iFind1000. I am not being over-protective. I am still giving my son his freedom with his new license, but being better safe than sorry!
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
HORRIBLE customer "service" DO NOT WASTE your money!
by rwurban on December 18, 2013
Pros: if a product wont work and customer service reps give you attitude what can possibly be a pro?
Cons: the customer service people are absolutely NO HELP. They say a supervisor will contact you "within 24 hours". Dont hold your breath.
Summary: Below is the company's response to my BBB complaint. I can assure you they never fixed the problem and NO SUPERVISOR EVER CONTACTED ME. I assume i am out $...
Summary: Below is the company's response to my BBB complaint. I can assure you they never fixed the problem and NO SUPERVISOR EVER CONTACTED ME. I assume i am out $450 for trying their product. I restarted the system SEVERAL times as instructed. These people are NUTS!
Our Representatives have advised the Customer that our system shows the device is powered off. The Customer explained this device is installed in his vehicle via the auto installation kit. Our Representatives advised the Customer that he will need to remove the device from the power bracket in order to press the bower button because the bracket covers the power button. This does not require completely uninstalling the kit/wiring. The Customer refused to remove the device from the car to power it on and on 11/18/2013 he requested to speak with a Supervisor. A Supervisor contacted the Customer on 11/20/2013 at 10:38am ET and reiterated that the device needed to be removed from the power bracket and powered on in order to complete the restoration of service.
by Sprint9n on September 23, 2009
Pros: Nicely designed, compact and easily installed. Many features available using the ZoomBak web site including monitoring and SMS messaging.
Cons: Required multiple attempts to activate. Will not work if conditions less than ideal. Will not function in-doors.
Summary: It took multiple attempts over several days to finally get the locator activated. Once activated it worked nominally as advertised but the overall performance was less than expected. My impression ...
Summary: It took multiple attempts over several days to finally get the locator activated. Once activated it worked nominally as advertised but the overall performance was less than expected. My impression is that the locator reception and transmitted signals are very weak and will only lock in ideal conditions (clear sky as described by the Help Desk personnel). Less than ideal conditions include obstructions caused by trees, tall buildings or even moderate to heavy cloud cover, not to mention indoors. If you need a tracking device that works in all conditions, you may want to consider more expensive alternatives, as I will.
A nice cost-effective way to do GPS tracking outdoors.
by jfriese1 on November 26, 2008
Pros: Relatively cheap. Simple set-up. Good quality construction. Small. Easy geofence set-up. Relatively good battery life but one must learn which modes use the most power to get max benefit.
Cons: Doesn't work indoors. Doesn't indicate speed which is important if you're tracking a teenage driver.
Summary: A good quality solution for tracking dogs, cars (if speed documentation isn't important), and anything else as long as it doesn't have to go inside a building. Good ...
Summary: A good quality solution for tracking dogs, cars (if speed documentation isn't important), and anything else as long as it doesn't have to go inside a building. Good quality construction means I'd recomend this for the budget minded (like myself!)
- Manufacturer: Zoombak
- Part number: ZMBK200
- Description: Zoombak's Advanced GPS Car and Family Locator will help you locate your car, and your loved ones in it, and help bring them home sagely. Great for monitoring teen drivers or other family members you worry about behind the wheel. In addition, the Zoonbak locator will assist you in locating your car if it is stolen. Using Assisted Global Position System (A-GPS), which utilizes both satellite and cellular technologies Zoombak can help to more precisely and reliably determine the location of your Zoombak Locator. Install the Zoombak car locator permanently in your car or keep it portable for use in other vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, boats and bicycles. Locate your car's whereabouts on-demand, you mobile phone or live customer care.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type GPS tracking device
- Features Waterproof , Geofence function,
Built-in GSM module,
- Type Rechargeable
- Standby Time 120 h
- Included Accessories Car power adapter,
AC power adapter
- Localization United States
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 1.7 in
- Depth 2.9 in
- Height 0.8 in
- Weight 2.5 oz
- Min Operating Temperature -4 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 140 °F
- Alpine PXA-H100 - audio signal processor (32957687)128.88 - 149.99
- Alpine TUA T550HD HD Radio tuner (32856715)99.95 - 199.95
- Alpine Type-R SWR-1043D - car subwoofer driver (34108226)135.00 - 219.99
- Alpine CDA-9857 (31732933)199.99
- Alpine CDE 126BT - radio / CD / MP3 player / digital player (34465942)192.26
- Alpine iDA-X305 (33490617)199.99 - 219.95
- Alpine SPS-600 - car speaker (32959223)99.99
- Alpine Type-R SPR-17C - car speaker (32399937)41.69 - 119.00
- Alpine Type-S SPS-517 - car speaker (34640912)59.95 - 99.99
- Garmin nüvi 2370LT - GPS receiver (34825549)259.99
- XOvision navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (34534936)249.00 - 267.57
- Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT GPS receiver (35056758)229.99
- Alpine MRP M1000 - amplifier (32853918)239.95
- Alpine MRP M500 - amplifier (32855748)141.97 - 319.99
- Alpine X-Power MRX-F30 - amplifier (34639577)157.99 - 299.99