Manufacturer: Lite-On IT Corp. Part number: LTR-52327S
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/18/2014
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 04/18/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $39.99 - $85.13
- Reviewed by: Jon L. Jacobi and Justin Jaffe
- Reviewed on: 02/10/2004
- Released on: 06/09/2003
The good: Excellent CD-R and CD-RW performance; decent documentation; 24/7 toll-free tech support; front-panel headphone jack and volume control.
The bad: Lacks IDE cable; slightly frail media tray.
The bottom line: If you're not in the market for a DVD burner, the Lite-On LTR-52327S's performance, documentation, tech support, and modest price make this CD-RW drive a must-have.
Pros: It's cheap. You get what you pay for.
Cons: Mine lasted a few months, then XP stopped recognising it. Try downloading a driver for this! Nearly impossible.
15 out of 15 users found this user opinion helpful.
Doesn't let you burn 1 Gig per CD Like Plextor Premium
Pros: It doesn't cost much
Cons: You get what you pay for, Plextor Premium is much more feature rich and has an 8MB buffer, is Gigadisc capable and has password protection for CD
10 out of 15 users found this user opinion helpful.
Pros: I bought mine from Other World Computing, which was the cheapest when you consider shipping. It was here the next day. It works, and it cost hardly any more than read-only CD's. The Nero software is drop dead simple to use. I burned CDs so cheap that
Cons: Some talk about the noise at 52X. It makes no more than other 52X drives that ship with PCs today. Dell sells these drives. The only fast and quiet CD/DVD that I know of is Plextor at twice the price.
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
So Damn Loud!
Pros: Although this product does well in all the above catagories - it does everything you could want it to, its the loudest cd drive i've ever used. It's louder than the rest of my computer put together!
Look No Further . . .
Pros: Speed, Speed, Speed . . . Nero Express software is excellent . . .
Cons: Tray seems to be a bit touch sensitive . . . (minor gripe)
Only Lasted 4 Months
Pros: It was pretty good when it worked. I also liked the Nero Express burning software that came with it.
Cons: When I play a CD Audio (music) CD, it puts a huge delay, or gap, between each song. This ruins listening to a CD where the songs run together. After 4 months, this CD actually ate a CD when I was installing software on my new hard drive. I heard a horr
Fast, cheap, and works like a Champ!
Pros: I found a "deal" for these on Got/Apex(I think). After rebate it was absurdly inexpensive. It comes with Nero, and it is really fast. I just finished burning ~200 CDs(regular + minis) for the girlfriend's business with no problems at all.
Cons: It may be a bit loud for some people; at 52X it is really spinning:-)
OK FOR PRICE BUT NOT THAT FAST
Pros: Have had for 9 months with orig firmware. Pros are inexpensive and never had a bad burn.
Cons: Cons are does not burn all media (cdr & cdrw) at rated speed, usually significantly slower, and Lite-on's website is not clear about latest dates for firmware, so it's not possible to know if your firmware is out of date.
Great Overall But Flimsy Tray
Pros: Since my internal CD/DVD burner is so slow when it comes to burning CDs, decided to pick up this unit just for that purpose. What used to take around seven minutes to burn with the SuperDrive now only takes a little over two! FYI, native support for Mac
Cons: The tray seems rather flimsy and when it slides in/out it's rather loud. This is comparison to the Pioneer DVD burner that is in my other optical bay, which has a whisper quiet eject mechanism and whose tray seems much sturdier.
bang for buck
Pros: Simple to use, fast and reliable. After I have got it cause my old Panasonic died on me after many years of service. This one outperforms my expectations, a must get
- Manufacturer: Lite-On IT Corp.
- Part number: LTR-52327S
- Description: The LTR-52327S provides 52X maximum CD-R recording speed (CAV); 32X maximum Ultra-Speed CD-RW rewriting speed (Partial CAV); and an industry-leading 52X CD-ROM reading speed. LTR-52327S incorporates Buffer Underrun protection utility that is must-have among Ultra-Speed CD-RW drives, and the drive is shipped with Buffer Underrun protection function always enabled that could provide automatic writing strategy and OPC. LTR-52327S also includes the "redefined" SMART-BURN (Smart Monitoring and Adapting Recording Technology for BURNing) feature with this fastest CD-RW drive. The new SMART-BURN would automatically check media quality and set limit to burning speed that is best suited for that media to ensure successful writing sessions. LTR-52327S continues to feature LITE-ON's SMART-X (Smart Monitoring and Adjusting Read-speed Technology for eXtraction) function that provides the fastest and smart DAE speed among current CD-RW drives during duplication or playback. The VAS (Vibration Absorber System) is used to reduce the vibration and noise to minimum during normal operation. LTR-52327S supports Mt. Rainier standard and uses flash ROM for convenience in the field upgrades.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type CD-RW drive
- Enclosure Type Internal
- Interface IDE
- Width 5.7 in
- Depth 6.7 in
- Height 1.6 in
- Weight 2.2 lbs
- Type CD-RW - 5.25" x 1/2H
- Supported Recording Modes Session-at-once,
- Supported Media Formats CD-ROM
- Supported Media Types CD-ROM ,
- Media Load Type Tray
- Features Volume control wheel,
Emergency disk eject hole,
Vibration Absorber System (VAS)
- Compliant Standards Mount Rainier
Optical Storage (2nd)
- Type None
- Type None
- Type None
- Video Output None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 1 x ATA-33 - 40 pin IDC,
1 x Headphones - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- Compatible Bays 1 x Front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H
- Compatible Slots None
Storage CD / DVD
- Type CD-RW 5.25" x 1/2H
- Read Speed 52x
- Write Speed 52x
- Rewrite Speed 32x
- Access Time 80 ms
- Buffer Size 2 MB
- Buffer Underrun Protection SMART Burn
- CD / DVD type CD-RW
- Storage CD / DVD:Form Factor 5.25" x 1/2H
- MTBF 70,000 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards Plug and Play
- Type None
Software / System Requirements
- OS Required Microsoft Windows NT ,
Microsoft Windows 2000 ,
Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/XP
- Min Processor Type 166 MHz
- System Requirements Details Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP - Pentium - RAM 128 MB - HD 100 MB