Motorola Theory (Boost Mobile)
Manufacturer: Motorola Part number: THEORY-US-EN
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/21/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $27.00
- Reviewed by: Nicole Lee
- Reviewed on: 09/02/2011
The good: The Motorola Theory has a slim and compact design with a great QWERTY keyboard. Call quality is good and it's affordable for a non-contract phone.
The bad: The Motorola Theory has a dated interface and poor photo quality.
The bottom line: The Motorola Theory makes a great messaging phone for Boost Mobile as long as you don't need a lot of other features.
Very buggy phone, time consunming, cancels out deal
by phreakerphone on February 10, 2012
Pros: The only pro is that it is affordable. But if the old adage that time is money applies, the problems with this phone quickly make up for that.
Cons: Phone turns off randomly. Reverts to "my stuff" page for no reason which I constantly have to exit. Unnecessarily asks if you want to exit programs. Can add some recipients to text message but not others. Buggy software, overall annoying experience.
Summary: I don't recommend this phone. I got it to save money, but the time I spent dealing with the issues and then sending it back and ordering a different ...
Summary: I don't recommend this phone. I got it to save money, but the time I spent dealing with the issues and then sending it back and ordering a different phone more than made up for the savings. There are other problems with this phone that I did not have a chance to list here - like an unresponsive keypad. I don't know if this confirms the truism that you get what you pay for, but I bit the bullet and bought the blackberry curve which is on sale today. I was previously a blackberry customer and happy with my old blackberry, which after about 3 years fell apart, so I'm going back to what is familiar. For the record, I don't care about facebook and accessing apps and stuff like that from my phone--I just want a decent phone with an easy keypad, good sound quality, fast and easy navigation, and a design that doesn't fall apart in a month. Such a thing has been terribly hard to find, much to my dismay, and I miss the old days of landlines. It seems all phones now are geared toward teenagers! I hope the blackberry meets my needs and that I don't have to spend one more second of my time dealing with the cell phone market.
This wanna be BlackBerry is the worse.
by Plaigh8 on July 30, 2011
Pros: It's Motorola
Cons: BASIC comes close to what this phone offers. If you are looking for a phone to talk, text and that's it this is your phone. No bells & whistles here.
Summary: I can't return this phone fast enough!
Summary: I can't return this phone fast enough!
Comfortable Texting Phone
by idiosarcastic21 on July 16, 2011
Pros: has threaded texting with a comfortable qwerty keyboard, decent call quality, and covers the basic needs of a cell phone.
Cons: Hard to access Facebook and other social sites, isnt a very "advanced" type of phone. Has only basic calling and texting capabilities; lacks push-to-talk (PTT). Sometimes it turns off unexpectedly as well.
Summary: This is a good phone if you only want basic capablities for calling and texting. Excellent "in-between" phone while waiting for a new one. Not suggested for "electronic savvy" teenagers ...
Summary: This is a good phone if you only want basic capablities for calling and texting. Excellent "in-between" phone while waiting for a new one. Not suggested for "electronic savvy" teenagers looking for the "coolest" new phone.
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Part number: THEORY-US-EN
- Description: Motorola Theory supports texting as a second language. With a QWERTY keyboard featuring larger domed keys, and a 2.4-inch screen, Motorola Theory also gives you IM, browsing, email, Bluetooth technology and a camera, all in one smart-looking package.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Cellular phone
- Form Factor Full keyboard
- Phone Design Candy Bar
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.4 in
- Depth 0.5 in
- Height 4.4 in
- Weight 3.5 oz
- SAR Value 1.37 W/kg (head) / 1.21 W/kg (head)
- Technology CDMA
- Band CDMA2000 1X 1900
- Service Provider Boost Mobile
- Software Platforms Supported Java
- Input Device(s) QWERTY keyboard
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Yahoo! Messenger,
Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger)
- Supported Email Protocols POP3,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Yes
- Messaging & Data Features Text messages,
Multimedia messages (MMS),
- Downloadable Content Ring tones,
- Mobile Services Gmail
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth 2.0 EDR
- Bluetooth Profiles Serial Port Profile (SPP),
Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
File Transfer Profile (FTP),
Basic Printing Profile (BPP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Basic Imaging Profile (BIP),
Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP),
General Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Communication Features Internet browser
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Additional Features World clock,
Text-to-Speech (text recognition),
Intelligent typing (iTAP),
- Personal Information Management Calendar,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards MP3,
- Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-4
- Supported Flash Memory Cards - up to 128 MB
- Sensor Resolution 1.3 megapixels
- Still Image Resolutions 320 x 240,
640 x 480,
1280 x 960
- Digital Zoom 4
- Self Timer Delay 10 sec,
- Special Effects Normal,
Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services TeleNav GPS Navigator
- Type LCD display - Color
- Technology TFT
- Diagonal Size 2.4 in
- Color Depth 18-bit (262000 Colors)
- Multi-language Menu Yes
- Features Wallpaper,
- Connector Type Micro-USB,
Headset jack - Sub-mini-phone 2.5 mm
- Technology Lithium ion
- Capacity 910 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk ( CDMA ) - up to 300 min,
Standby ( CDMA ) - up to 480 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter