2012 Nissan GT-R
Manufacturer: Nissan USA Part number: 101336911
- Bottom Line:
- The 2012 Nissan GT-R is a dedicated sports car, a high-tech weapon for the track, and entirely suitable for winding public roads. But it is not the most practical for day-to-day driving.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price From Edmunds.com|| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/20/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $89,950.00
- Reviewed by: Wayne Cunningham
- Reviewed on: 07/20/2011
The good: The 2012 Nissan GT-R delivers truly blistering acceleration from a twin-turbo V-6 while its all-wheel drive and suspension systems cling to the road under the most adverse conditions. A unique performance computer displays all the car information you could want.
The bad: Even with the suspension in Comfort mode, the ride can be bruising.
The bottom line: The 2012 Nissan GT-R is a dedicated sports car, a high-tech weapon for the track, and entirely suitable for winding public roads. But it is not the most practical for day-to-day driving.
So much better than previous year models
by gaaw31 on May 7, 2011
Pros: Much improved ride quality, much more refined in every aspect
Cons: Sticker price
Summary: I was completely blown away by my 2010 GT-R both in quality, value and performance. Imagine my surprise when I first drove the 2012 model. Stylistically the car looks pretty ...
Summary: I was completely blown away by my 2010 GT-R both in quality, value and performance. Imagine my surprise when I first drove the 2012 model. Stylistically the car looks pretty much the same, though for the trained observer, differences could easily be spotted: the larger front grille, the continuously running LED daylights, 10 spoke rims to name a few. There are changes in the cabin, most notably a better looking center stack with carbon fiber. Electronics are much better with a higher resolution display, Bluetooth streaming audio etc. The interior trim has changed to darker accents. Seats are so much more comfortable especially with lumbar support. But the change which stands out most to me is the improvement in ride quality. Even in normal setting, the ride is not harsh at all and is rather comfortable. Steering is now more responsive. Road noise is still a bit of an issue, but overall the cabin is quieter. With the upgrade in power to now 530bhp and 448 lb-ft of torque the car is even more of a beast. With the reintroduction of launch control the GT-R now consumes most super-cars for breakfast. (0-60 @ < 3sec!!!???).
With the sticker price now north of $90k, the GT-R maybe out of reach for most of its admirers, but with performance that rivals cars costing 3-4 times as much, it is still a relative bargain.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
The most unbelievable car ever made under $100,000
by noyesclt on November 8, 2011
Pros: 0-60 in under 3 sec, Power, Grip, Computer, Brakes, Transmission, Feel, Adjustable suspension, Adjustable traction, Stereo, Looks (yes thats right... ), seats (Black Edition), Customizable gauges, 4 seats, Trunk that holds my golf clubs, tires, Steering,
Cons: Noise, Turbo lag/Power below 3k RPM, "Starts" to get fun at 80, not a daily driver
Summary: Simply the best sports car for the money anywhere. Half the price of a 911 Turbo.. Watch the latest top gear if you have any doubts. By a Ferrari if ...
Summary: Simply the best sports car for the money anywhere. Half the price of a 911 Turbo.. Watch the latest top gear if you have any doubts. By a Ferrari if your going bald and are under endowed.. by this car if you want to use the rear view mirror.. which is where everyone else is.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Good, but something is missing
by energetik9 on July 25, 2011
Pros: Performance, price
Cons: drivability, interior, lacking in aesthetics
Summary: This is no doubt a good car, but everytime I see one, it just seems like this is just a performance package that was put together without concern for looks ...
Summary: This is no doubt a good car, but everytime I see one, it just seems like this is just a performance package that was put together without concern for looks and image. In this price range, I just think there are better options with an interior befitting this class of car. I also think there are better options in terms of all around performance and in looks and image. At a minimum, this probably should have been badged as an Infinity to bolster a weak product line, but it does look more like a Nissan model than an Infinity model the way it's currently designed. Again, just by the nature of the class this car is in, it is a great car and a high performer, I'd just spend my money elsewhere.
0 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Nissan USA
- Part number: 101336911
- Bottom Line: The 2012 Nissan GT-R is a dedicated sports car, a high-tech weapon for the track, and entirely suitable for winding public roads. But it is not the most practical for day-to-day driving.
Basic car properties
- Body style coupe
- Available Engine Gas
- Smart airbags Standard
- Antilock brakes Standard
- Traction control Standard
- Stability control Standard
- Back-up cameras Standard
- Roadside assistance Standard
- Adaptive cruise control Standard
- Satellite radio Standard
- MP3 CD-enabled sound system Standard
- Media hard-disk MP3 sound system Standard
- Memory card slot Standard
- USB connection Standard
- Multizone climate control Standard
- Heated/cooled seats Standard
- Two-way security system Standard
- 12V power outlet Standard
- Drivetrain available All-wheel drive
- Trip computer Standard
- Live traffic data Standard
- Voice activated navigation Standard
- Bluetooth phone interface Standard
- Home automation integration Standard
- Alpine CDA 9886M - radio / CD / MP3 player / USB flash player (32901361)309.00 - 349.99
- Alpine SWR-T10 (34107973)299.95 - 599.99
- Alpine SWR-T12 (34108169)349.00 - 599.99
- Alpine PDX F4 - amplifier (34107900)317.00 - 499.99
- Alpine PDX F6 - amplifier (34108098)442.00 - 749.99
- Alpine PDX M6 - amplifier (34108108)399.95 - 499.99
- Alpine PKG-M780 two LCD monitors / controller module (32463943)534.95
- Alpine iDA-X100M - radio / digital player (32901653)349.95
- Audiovox VOD102 DVD player with LCD monitor and game console (32070613)399.99
- Alpine SPX 13PRO - car speaker (32814387)348.00 - 650.00
- Alpine SPX 17PRO - car speaker (32814395)422.00 - 650.00
- Alpine SPX-13REF Component Speaker System (32783278)219.99 - 399.00
- Power Acoustik Ingenix PNX-761 navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (35188591)537.17 - 681.01
- Sony XNV-770BT navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (34390050)675.00 - 1199.95
- Kenwood DNX6190HD navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and HD radio (35129589)629.00 - 849.99