Canon Elura 60
Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 9480A001
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/06/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $549.95
- Reviewed by: Jeff Dorgay
- Edited by: Lori Grunin
- Reviewed on: 10/11/2004
- Released on: 03/15/2004
The good: Small; easy to use; solid battery life; can be used as a Webcam.
The bad: Video a bit soft; LCD a bit dim outside; limited software bundle.
The bottom line: A good budget home-movie camcorder but think twice before forgoing the night light in the Elura 65.
So far, So good...
Pros: Overall, I like the form factor as well as ease of use. For the price ($427 at Circuit City) I was comparing it to the Sony HC32 that was $50 more, I was already spending more than I had planned and one of the deciding factors was the full one year labor
Cons: There definately is a bit of motor noise when playing the tape and while the size is nice, the sony is a little more compact.
15 out of 15 users found this user opinion helpful.
not much bang for the buck
Pros: compact, for occasions where you probably want ever watch the movie anyway, this camcorder is pretty good.
Cons: takes very poor digital pictures. tripod is nearly required for operation. overall video quality low compared to my 7 year old high 8 sony cam. software is freeware spindle rack quality
Small and Fun to use
Pros: Small and easy to use. I am just upgrading to my first digital. Can't go wrong with this one.
Cons: Buy an extra battery or a longer life one if you plan on shooting anything very long.
Pros: Turns out, digital camcorders aren't too bad but they aren't very good either. The sound quality is not very good and the video seems a little...hazy. Not terribly, but it's not as clear as my Hi-8 Sony camcorder. Overall, I would say this product is "oka
Cons: Poor sound, overall, and not the best video quality I've seen, either. I don't think the camera even came with the software needed to upload the video files to the computer, either.
Small, easy to use at good price
Pros: Fits in hand well, fingers find buttons easily. Buttons not too small. Zoom operation even though slow, is very smooth.
Cons: I would have purchased Elura 65 had I known about the wide mode option. Some of the doors for the hidden compartments feel cheaply made.
Pretty neat little camcorder
Pros: Well, I just purchased this well made little camcorder today, and so far I am really enjoying it. I recorded my daughter playing the piano and the picture and sound were quite nice! I know there were complaints with the Elura 50 about videos in low light
Cons: A bit of motor noise heard on playback, but not too severe. Screen is somewhat small, but I can see well enough with it.
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 9480A001
- Description: Life is full of special occasions that we wish could be savored forever - the ultimate vacation, the excitement of a high school graduation ceremony, your family's first trip abroad, the antics of your favorite pet. With Canon's new line of Elura camcorders, no matter where you go the moment never has to end. Create home movies and digital photos with life-like clarity. Then, transfer them to your computer with the click of a button. Offering a newly refined ultra-portable design at an affordable price, the Elura 60 is designed to fit your hand and your budget perfectly.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder
- Camcorder Sensor Resolution 1.33 megapixels
- Digital Zoom 280 x
- Camcorder Media Type Mini DV
- Optical Sensor Size 1/4.5"
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Min Illumination 1.8 lux
- Digital Video Format AVI
- Special Effects Black & White,
- Image Stabilizer Electronic
- Digital Scene Transition Beam,
- Max Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec
- Shooting Programs Sports mode,
Sand & snow,
- White Balance Automatic,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Camera Flash None
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces S-Video,
Exposure & White Balance
- Auto Exposure Bracketing 3 steps
- Type 14 x x Zoom lens - 3.5 mm - 49 mm - F/1.8-3.1
- Lens aperture F/1.8-3.1
- Optical Zoom 14 x
- Lens system type Zoom lens
- Min focal length 3.5 mm
- Max focal length 49 mm
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Min Focus Range 0.4 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Low Lux / Night Mode Yes
- Additional Features Analog to digital conversion with pass through,
Accessories hot shoe ,
- Remote control Remote control - Infrared
- Software Canon ZoomBrowser EX,
Drivers & Utilities,
- Included Accessories Camcorder shoulder strap,
IR remote control,
Audio / video cable
- Viewfinder Type LCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size 0.33 in
- Viewfinder Resolution 113,000 pixels
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),
1 x Composite video/audio (input/output),
1 x S-Video input / output,
1 x USB
Memory / Storage
- Media type Mini DV
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Included Memory Card 8 MB SD Memory Card
- Image Storage Super-fine JPEG 1280 x 960,
Fine JPEG 1280 x 960,
Normal JPEG 1280 x 960,
Super-fine JPEG 640 x 480,
Fine JPEG 640 x 480,
Normal JPEG 640 x 480
- Video Capture AVI - 320 x 240,
AVI - 160 x 120
- Video Recording Modes LP,
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Rotating
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Width 3.1 in
- Depth 5.1 in
- Height 2.9 in
- Weight 1.1 lbs