Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 7920A001
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/09/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $2,299.00
- Reviewed by: Dick Ridington
- Reviewed on: 09/22/2002
- Released on: 07/15/2002
The good: Excellent image quality and color fidelity; 20X optical zoom; two-channel audio control; 1.7-megapixel still image capture; lightweight.
The bad: Too many controls per button; onboard microphone is omnidirectional; mediocre battery life with included cell.
The bottom line: This outstanding performer raises the bar for prosumer MiniDV camcorders.
definitly worth the money hands down!!
Pros: broadcast quality,3ccd,manual audio controls,best camera i've used compare to sony vx 2000.
Cons: weight kinda heavy, stock battery life is short.
Great Camera, still want XL1S
Pros: Eease of use, small and easy to use. Stills are excellent for just being 1.7, Still need to know how good in the dark...
Cons: It is to small, for a hobbiest videographer. Even with the stablizer, I myself get to shakey holding it for so long... I am getting a stablizer arm... hope this solves the problem... All in all I love it...
I would buy one again...
Pros: Used for ENG and video production as a frelance photographer, this camera has helped me get the job done well for over two years now.
Cons: Does not carry the SONY label so it's not looked upon as seriously... does it do the job better than the comparable SONY? Yes it does.
Solid, Controlable Video Camera
Pros: Possibly the best feature of the camera is the flexibility of control you have over the video/audio settings. Zebra Pattern, Controlable shutter speeds, white balance, audio gain, color gain, sharpness, and some other settings. The overall picture quality
Cons: Battery life with supported cell is only around 90-120 minutes.
A Truily Incredible Piece of technology
Pros: GREAT image quality, great controls (a bit overwhelming at first). Clear scan is a godsend when transfering 8mm to video. Amazing zoom lens!
Cons: Onboard mic is above average however use of additonal shotgun mic reccomended (Azden SGM-X works great).
A great camera for capturing special moments
Pros: The optics are great!!! Close-up shots have superb resolution. I want a camera that I would feel like I would use and be happy with the capital outlay. I got it! A great camera...wonderful film and picture camera.
Cons: Size...not as small as some of the newer models, but worth it. Buttons...takes a while getting use to operating it...but once you get use to the manual controls...can't be beat. Battery life stinks...get the larger battery.
I like it I like it
Pros: I bought the gl2 and only used it once or twice. I also bought the battery pack that fits the gl1 and recorded over eight hours and the pack was still full. I considered the vx2000 and still considering buying it also. I'm trying to get into the videograp
Cons: No con's thus far
Canon All the way
Pros: Just remeber that canon makes the best lens. Sony uses there lens for the professinal cameras. Gl1 and the gl2 are great cameras.
Great Camera exactly what I expected
Summary: Looked at VX2000 but did not want 2 year old technology. Plus reviews were very good for GL2. I'm using my GL2 to shoot Television Commercial. One of my ...
Summary: Looked at VX2000 but did not want 2 year old technology. Plus reviews were very good for GL2. I'm using my GL2 to shoot Television Commercial. One of my first clients wanted to shoot against a white background. The GL2 handled it great, manual iris and in SAND AND SNOW MODE.
Kinda heavy for my wife, but great video!
Summary: Just picked up a GL2 after tons of research. Got it for $2249 at B&H. I was comparing with the Sony vx2000 and the trv950. The 950 is ...
Summary: Just picked up a GL2 after tons of research. Got it for $2249 at B&H. I was comparing with the Sony vx2000 and the trv950. The 950 is no comparison, but the vx2000 was great also. I couldn't tell the difference in video quality. I was testing both in B&H for about hours. The only reason I chose the GL2 was because it was a little smaller and lighter. THE VIDEO QUALITY IS GREAT IN LOW LIGHT. I am very impressed with this camcorder because I had lower end cams in the past. This is my first 3ccd cam and I tell you this, I will never go back to 1ccd cams. I was also looking at the new panasonic 24p because it shoots video like film quality. I am extermemly happy with the cannon and I recommend going to B&H to test it out. You can test it out as much as you want. There is so many things that I need to learn about this camera and I am going to just flip it into FULL manual mode and start shooting. I want to learn. The cannon has a bigger zoom and it was lighter that's why I chose it.
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 7920A001
- Description: With the GL2, Canon has created a camcorder with a wealth of features, each selected to elevate further the standard against which other camcorders are judged. The GL2 is a must-have for the person looking for the very best video-making experience. The GL2's excellence begins with its outstanding Fluorite lens and includes pro-level picture adjustment features found only in Canon's top-of-the-line, trend-setting XL1S camcorder.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder
- Enclosure Color Silver,
- Localization English
- Digital Zoom 100 x
- Camcorder Media Type Mini DV
- Optical Sensor Size 1/4"
- Optical Sensor Type 3CCD with Pixel Shift
- Min Illumination 6 lux
- Analog video format NTSC
- Special Effects Black & White,
- Image Stabilizer Optical
- Video head qty 2
- Digital Scene Transition Black & white fader,
- Max Shutter Speed 1/15000 sec
- Slow shutter modes 1/15sec,
- Shooting modes Digital photo mode,
Frame movie mode
- Shooting Programs Auto mode lock,
Sand & snow
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Outdoor,
- Exposure Modes Zebra pattern,
- Camera Flash None
- AV Interfaces S-Video,
- Type Canon 20 x x Zoom lens - 4.2 mm - 84 mm - F/1.6-2.9
- Lens aperture F/1.6-2.9
- Features Fluorite glass
- Optical Zoom 20 x
- Lens system type Zoom lens
- Min focal length 4.2 mm
- Max focal length 84 mm
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Filter Size 58 mm
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 40 - 806 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Min Focus Range 0.4 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive,
- Flash Terminal Hot shoe
- Low Lux / Night Mode Yes
- DV input Yes
- Additional Features Analog to digital conversion with pass through,
Accessories hot shoe ,
Auto power save,
- Remote control Remote control - Infrared
- Software Drivers & Utilities
- Included Accessories S-Video cable,
Camcorder shoulder strap,
IR remote control,
Power adapter with battery charger,
Audio / video cable,
- Viewfinder Type LCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size 0.44 in
- Viewfinder Resolution 180,000 pixels
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),
1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio (input/output),
1 x S-Video input / output,
1 x Headphones,
1 x Control-L (LANC)
Memory / Storage
- Media type Mini DV
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Included Memory Card 8 MB SD Memory Card
- Image Storage Fine JPEG 1488 x 1128 : 17 VA - With 8MB card,
Standard JPEG 1488 x 1128 : 32 VA - With 8MB card
- Video Recording Modes LP,
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1500 mAh ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Detachable
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Mfr estimated battery life 120 min
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Rotating
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Width 4.6 in
- Depth 12 in
- Height 5.4 in
- Weight 2.6 lbs
- Canon WP V3 - marine case for camcorder (34930183)449.95 - 499.99
- Porta-Brace Hiker Backpack Camera Case HK-1 - case for camcorder (31058034)441.81 - 459.17
- Porta-Brace Shoulder Case SC-D500 - case for camcorder (31026190)372.37 - 429.00
- Canon WP V2 - marine case for camcorder (33984051)367.76 - 499.00
- Ikelite Underwater Systems marine case for camcorder (34929737)599.95
- CANON XL1S VIDEO CAMCORDER CASE (7032423)399.99
- Canon HC 3200 - case for camcorder (31118507)600.00
- Canon WP V4 - marine case for camcorder (35138638)499.00
- Porta-Brace Smuggler Camera Case SMG-2 - case for camcorder (31053838)424.45 - 441.81
- Portabrace PKB-275PV - hard case for camcorder (35112263)578.95 - 589.00