Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 9549A001
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/20/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $3,949.00
- Reviewed by: Ben Wolf
- Edited by: Aimee Baldridge
- Reviewed on: 04/17/2005
- Released on: 09/01/2004
The good: State-of-the-art DV imagery and controls; 24P mode; interchangeable lenses; native 16:9 capture; compatible with most XL1 lenses and accessories.
The bad: Strange ergonomics; stock lens is hard to focus manually and stock viewfinder doesn't help; no flip-out LCD monitor; pricier than the competition.
The bottom line: Canon returns to the state of the art in DV but doesn't set a new standard.
The best of them all
Pros: The one and only camera with features and quality needed for feature. I'd keep going but there's just too many :p
Cons: Need to know the tool to get the value out of it. A bit pricy, too - but hey, lets not forget that tis camera is not targeted to EVERYONE. A pro tool has ALWAYS been grade more expensive.
This Camera is Awesome!
Pros: This camera is for prosumers and professionals alike. With features like Cinelook and 24p, you get pro results.
Cons: Price I suppose....
Pros: You are paying for the lens and audia inputs w/ phantom power. There is nothing else anywhere in the market that stands next to this. Plus you can use dozens of different lenses.
Cons: Nobody has it in stock yet.
One of the best cameras just became the ONLY camera
Pros: The first and only camera under $25,000 to combine a true 16:9 image with 24p capability. I've been living with the limitations of the DVX-100 for the last two years. It's about time this has come. Imagine popping Panasonic's 72mm thread anamorphic ada
Cons: I'm very pleased with the updated camera. I was only expecting this version to record in HDV format. Hopefully in the XL2s, but by then will it be too late? Canon has a history of releasing the BEST camera and then becoming upstaged by other copycats t
not enough to jump
Pros: nice images and features
Cons: not enough yet to make me jump from the AG-DVX100. maybe the NEXT generation? Who will that be? Panasonic, JVC, or Sony?
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
stay away from Canon
by adranch on October 29, 2005
Pros: worked great, for a while
Cons: now it doesnt work
Summary: I bought a Canon digital camcorder three years ago. It stopped working after recording around 10 hours worth of tape. We dont use it often and once it stopped working (...
Summary: I bought a Canon digital camcorder three years ago. It stopped working after recording around 10 hours worth of tape. We dont use it often and once it stopped working (in the middle of my daughters recital!) and I was too busy to devote all day to gettting it fixed. When I finally took it back to Best Buy, they wouldnt even send it in to be fixed unless you buy their inflated "service contract" and Canon wants $150 to even look at it. When you add up the cost of the camera AND the repair, that comes to around $65 an hour for the taping I did with it.
I will never buy another Canon product, OR shop at Best Buy again and I suggest you do the same. Terrible product and terrible customer service. Dont stand for it. IF enough people complain, something MIGHT get done. If anything, we need to see their sales fall so someone, somewhere starts to wonder why.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 9549A001
- Description: Broadcast quality with total creative control With 3 x 1/3" 800k progressive scan CCDs and full manual control over all image settings, the XL2 represents the last word in flexible, broadcast quality miniDV.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder
- Camcorder Media Type Mini DV
- Optical Sensor Size 1/3"
- Optical Sensor Type 3CCD
- Min Illumination 5.5 lux
- Analog video format NTSC
- Image Stabilizer Optical
- Max Shutter Speed 1/15000 sec
- Shooting Programs Low light,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Outdoor,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Camera Flash None
- AV Interfaces S-Video,
- Type Canon 20 x x Zoom lens - 5.4 mm - 108 mm - F/1.6-3.5
- Lens System Mounting Canon XL
- Lens aperture F/1.6-3.5
- Features Aspherical lens,
Built-in 1/32 neutral density filter,
Zoom preset position,
Built-in 1/6 neutral density filter,
- Optical Zoom 20 x
- Lens system type Zoom lens
- Min focal length 5.4 mm
- Max focal length 108 mm
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Filter Size 72 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Min Focus Range 0.8 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive,
- Low Lux / Night Mode Yes
- DV input Yes
- Additional Features Progressive scan CCD system,
Display brightness control,
Accessories hot shoe ,
Auto power save,
Digital noise reduction,
- Remote control Remote control - Infrared
- Included Accessories S-Video cable,
Camcorder shoulder strap,
IR remote control,
Power adapter with battery charger,
Audio / video cable
- Viewfinder Type LCD
- Type 2 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x DC power output,
1 x Microphone,
1 x Composite video/audio (input/output),
1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),
1 x Control-L (LANC),
1 x Headphones,
1 x S-Video input / output
Memory / Storage
- Media type Mini DV
- Video Recording Modes LP,
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Detachable
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Rotating
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Width 8.9 in
- Depth 19.5 in
- Height 8.7 in
- Weight 7.7 lbs
- Ikelite Underwater Systems marine case for camcorder (34929737)599.95
- Tiffen Steadicam Pilot-AA Camera Stabilization System (Sled, Vest, Arm, Back Pack Transport, 5.8 #8221; LCD, AA Battery Mount) (33612570)3795.00
- Canon FU-1000 Monochrome Viewfinder (7032382)1599.99
- Canon HC 3200 - case for camcorder (31118507)600.00
- Canon WP V4 - marine case for camcorder (35138638)499.00
- Nikon WT-3A Wireless Transmitter for Nikon D200 Digital SLR Camera (33614749)599.95 - 838.00
- Portabrace PKB-275PV - hard case for camcorder (35112263)578.95 - 589.00
- Sony CLM-V55 LCD monitor (34636090)498.00 - 499.99
- Thermodyne SHAN-B900 - hard case for camcorder (31055438)584.95
- Thermodyne SHAN-HPX300 - hard case for camcorder (34223625)569.95