Kodak Playsport (Black)
Manufacturer: Kodak Part number: 1442102
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/20/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $259.00
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 05/27/2010
The good: Excellent video for its class; waterproof to 10 feet; HDMI cable included; very good sharing software.
The bad: No built-in USB connector; short battery life at highest resolution; no memory card; sharing software is Windows only.
The bottom line: The Kodak Playsport is an excellent minicamcorder that can take some rough treatment and capture solid HD video.
Kodak synonomous with junk and low-quality electronics
by digiwhore on July 7, 2010
Pros: Cheap alternative and just a small step above camera phones for recording videos.
Cons: Very crude user interface; need to look up manual on how to really use the limited number of buttons. My unit actually broke after taking videos and not even being submerged - this says it all in terms of Kodak quality.
Summary: When are they going to stop putting miniature 4-way and center select user button control interface? Got to be the worst user controller invention ever. Looking at the flimsy design, ...
Summary: When are they going to stop putting miniature 4-way and center select user button control interface? Got to be the worst user controller invention ever. Looking at the flimsy design, I don't think the unit is capable of keeping out water as stated so I wouldn't even try.
Reading other reviews, i thought kodak may be onto something, but my quickly broken unit quickly dismissed that hope. Stick with Japanese Canon, Nikon brands and you won't likely be disappointed.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Worst review ever...
by ianbang on June 2, 2010
Pros: Please re-do your review, it's all over the net about how the Playsport has worse low light capabilities than the Zi8
Cons: but also how this camera captures a larger field of view than the Zi8, please compare these features so I can make a decision on which camera I will buy.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Not Happy at All
by BanChang_Kid on June 11, 2011
Pros: Looks good in the display box
Cons: Broekn refurb when opened
Summary: I bought one at Sam's Club for my son's birthday. When we opened it we found the battery cover broken, the screen was highly scratched still tried to ...
Summary: I bought one at Sam's Club for my son's birthday. When we opened it we found the battery cover broken, the screen was highly scratched still tried to charge it but found the battery was dead needed a replacement.
It could be that Sam's Club is selling poorly reburbished Camera/s as new camera's. We're not happy now need to jump through all the replacement loops to get this resolved.
0 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Kodak
- Part number: 1442102
- Description: Heads up, adrenaline junkies. The Kodak Playsport has as much appetite for adventure as you do. And it's not afraid to get wet. This audacious little camera can plunge up to 10 feet under water and capture the entire experience in full 1080p HD. And you don't need to worry about blurry footage when things get a little shaky. With built-in image stabilization, the Kodak Playsport will stay steady as a rock. From the waves, to the slopes, to the mud-soaked trails, this baby was made for the extremes.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder - 1080p
- Enclosure Color Black
- Camcorder Sensor Resolution 5 megapixels
- Effective Photo Resolution 5 megapixels
- Total Pixels 5.0 megapixels
- Camcorder Media Type Flash card
- Image Stabilizer Electronic
- Shooting modes Digital photo mode
- White Balance Automatic
- Exposure Modes Automatic
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- Widescreen Video Capture Yes
- AV Interfaces HDMI,
- Type Lens - 5.54 mm - F/2.8
- Lens aperture F/2.8
- Lens system type Lens
- Min focal length 5.54 mm
- Focus Adjustment Focus free
- Additional Features YouTube capture mode,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Software Drivers & Utilities,
- Included Accessories Wrist strap,
Audio / video cable
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x HDMI output,
1 x Composite video/audio output
Memory / Storage
- Media type Flash card
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support Apple Mac OS X 10.4 or later,
MS Windows Vista,
MS Windows 7,
MS Windows XP SP2
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Protection Crushproof,
- Underwater Depth Up to 9.8 ft
- Supported Battery Kodak KLIC 7004
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Mono
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
- Battery type - Lithium ion
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Built-in
- Hoodman Camcorder Mounting Strap LCD screen hood loupe strap (34879378)24.99
- Lowepro Digital Video Case 30 - pouch for camcorder (34580141)20.94
- Vanguard BIIN 17 - shoulder bag for camcorder (35263239)22.95 - 27.59
- Vanguard BIIN 8H - carrying bag for camcorder (35263244)10.33 - 20.70
- Vanguard BIIN 8H - carrying bag for camcorder (35263251)10.33 - 18.80
- Veho Extreme Sports Pack for Muvi camcorder accessory kit (34879765)17.99 - 19.99
- Sony LCS BBH/B - case for camcorder (35153999)24.99
- Sony LCS BBG/B - soft case for camcorder (35136296)24.99
- Sony LCJ TSA/W - case for camcorder (34576173)11.99 - 26.42
- Canon FC-10 - semi-hard case for camcorder (33614120)26.99