Panasonic HM-TA1 (black)
Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: HMTA1PPH
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/20/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $105.00
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 10/12/2010
The good: Very good video quality for its class; small; can be used as Webcam.
The bad: Poor design; no HDMI output; no macro focus; no mic, headphone jacks; mediocre sharing software.
The bottom line: The Panasonic HM-TA1 minicamcorder offers above-average HD video recording in a small package, but is otherwise pretty lame.
Terrible durability, Terrible 1yr manufactures warranty
by pcitymike on May 24, 2011
Pros: good video quality, user friendly (when it works)
Cons: Cheaply made. Terrible camera life(6months)
Summary: Bought this camera in Aug '10 alrwady broken in jan '11. Sent this camera back under the 1yr manufactures warranty and they told me that i needed to pay non-refund $...
Summary: Bought this camera in Aug '10 alrwady broken in jan '11. Sent this camera back under the 1yr manufactures warranty and they told me that i needed to pay non-refund $45 fee just to do the diagnostics, $45 doesn't cover the repairs. Make sure you buy the extenede warranty, actually better yet DON'T buy the camera at all. Go with the FLIP camera it's a much better buy. $10 to ship the camera $45 to found out what wrong with it, you can buy a brand NEW one for $77. I bought this camera for $169, now i'm out of a camera and I can no longer record my new son's first steps. SAD but true. I have long been a supporter of Panasonic, but no longer. T E R R I B LE warranty and customer service. STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNIT
Great vids, super saturated & tack sharp, easy to use.
by dataonpc on February 20, 2011
Pros: Panasonic vid quality is the show stopper here. Wife has Kodak Playsport, a good friend has FlipUHD. Panny TA1 vids are simply superior, and the anti-shake stabilizer is THE BEST! Easy: Charge, shoot, then play on virtually any device. Cheap thrills.
Cons: An external battery charger would have been nice.
Summary: I've had this video camera for a couple of months now, daily gold box special on Amazon.com for $65. The more I use it, the more I like ...
Summary: I've had this video camera for a couple of months now, daily gold box special on Amazon.com for $65. The more I use it, the more I like it. Keep it in my jeans pocket at all times and it feels just right. I use it for basically anything and everything.Dating myself here. My first video camera was one of these: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MX1-AgBKv4[/url] I still have it, and yes it still works.
For reference: I've toted around lots of video cameras, basicly since they first started making them publicly available 30 years ago. And, for the last two years it's been a $700 Canon HF100. The TA1 can't match the Canon's low light levels but in full light it's virtually the same or better HD quality as the Canon. Hey, I've shot almost as much video in the last two months with the TA1 as I did in two years with the Canon! That basically speaks for itself.
When I first opened the box, the unit looked and felt more than a bit underwhelming. Plastic? It took a few days to really want to start carrying the thing around. After shooting some hard to get outdoor restaurant scenes with the family, I was sold. The boot cycle is FAST, the movies are vividly color saturated, well auto/motion focused, and extremely sharp. The anti-shake feature on this camera is absolutely incredible, I have no idea how they were able to do this and keep the cost/value ratio of the thing so low. .Plastic look and feel? Gone. Sturdy thing, very much so, yes it is. Comfortably super slim, super fast, super sharp & colorful vids, and super reliable. Panasonic, you've done it again. Thank you.
Lots of other people that have actually used this camera for a while are now saying the same thing, "I never leave home without my TA1". That says it all.
Updated on Feb 20, 2011
We've come a long way from December 1985, and my Panasonic TA1 proves it.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: HMTA1PPH
- Description: The TA1 lets you record movies with iFrame. When using iMovie, the iFrame video data in your camera is the same format as the one you'll be using to edit, so importing is fast and file sizes are small. You'll be able to edit and upload movies to the Internet and portable devices right away. The TA1's built-in USB terminal means that there's no need to carry around a cord and an adaptor. And you can charge the battery by simply plugging the USB terminal into a PC. The TA1 is compatible with Skype, the video call program. Talk face to face with faraway family and friends. Go ahead, try some visual communication with the TA1. Even with its compact size and super mobility, the TA1 lets you shoot full-HD movies and photos. Just slip it into a pocket or hang it from your wrist. It goes wherever you go. Perfect for capturing everyday fun. Record high-quality full-HD movies with this handy little compact. Save those fun moments forever in beautiful HD images. The TA1 lets you save a smile from someone special, or capture the beauty of flowers bathed in sunshine. You can save memories like these in high-quality images with 8-megapixel resolution. You can cut out and save a still image by simply pressing the Still Picture button right when the desired image appears on the TA1's LCD monitor. This ensures that you'll never miss that perfect shot again. The built-in LED lets you capture bright, crisp images even in dark situations, like indoors or during nighttime events.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder - 1080p
- Enclosure Color Gray
- Camcorder Sensor Resolution 5.33 megapixels
- Effective Video Resolution 2.93 megapixels
- Digital Zoom 4 x
- Effective Photo Resolution 5.08 megapixels
- Camcorder Interpolated Photo Resolution 8 megapixels
- Total Pixels 5.33 megapixels
- Camcorder Media Type Flash card
- Optical Sensor Size 1/4.1"
- Optical Sensor Type MOS
- Min Illumination 12 lux
- Digital Video Format H.264,
- Special Effects Soft Skin,
- Image Stabilizer Electronic
- Min Shutter Speed 1/20 sec
- Max Shutter Speed 1/4000 sec
- Shooting modes Digital photo mode
- White Balance Automatic
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- Webcam capability Yes
- Widescreen Video Capture Yes
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
- Type Lens - 4.1 mm - F/2.8
- Lens aperture F/2.8
- Lens system type Lens
- Min focal length 4.1 mm
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 49 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Built-in Light Yes
- Additional Features USB charging,
YouTube capture mode,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Software Panasonic HD Writer PE 1.0,
Drivers & Utilities
- Included Accessories USB extension cable,
Audio / video cable
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output
Memory / Storage
- Media type Flash card
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SD Memory Card
- Image Storage 1920 x 1080,
3246 x 2448,
1600 x 1200,
640 x 480
- Video Capture H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 12Mbps,
H.264 - 1280 x 720 - 9Mbps,
iFrame - 960 x 540 - 24Mbps,
H.264 - 640 x 480 - 9Mbps
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 940 mAh ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Mono
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Built-in
- Resolution 153600 pixels
- Width 2.1 in
- Depth 0.7 in
- Height 4.1 in
- Weight 3.3 oz
Lens - 4.1 mm - F/2.8,
Panasonic HM-TA1R - Camcorder - Pocket - Flash card,
Lens - 4.1 mm - F/2.8,
Panasonic HM-TA1V - Camcorder - Pocket - Flash card,
Lens - 4.1 mm - F/2.8,
Panasonic HM-TA1H - Camcorder - Pocket - Flash card,
- Hoodman Camcorder Mounting Strap LCD screen hood loupe strap (34879378)24.99
- Lowepro Digital Video Case 30 - pouch for camcorder (34580141)20.94
- SIIG Lens Cleaning Brush/Pen cleaning pen (34691290)8.99 - 15.16
- Vanguard BIIN 8H - carrying bag for camcorder (35263244)10.33 - 20.70
- Vanguard BIIN 8H - carrying bag for camcorder (35263251)10.33 - 18.80
- Veho Extreme Sports Pack for Muvi camcorder accessory kit (34879765)17.99 - 19.99
- Sony LCS BBH/B - case for camcorder (35153999)24.99
- Sony LCS BBG/B - soft case for camcorder (35136296)24.99
- Sony LCJ TSA/W - case for camcorder (34576173)11.99 - 26.42
- Case Logic Camcorder Kit Bag - case for camcorder (34130061)11.28 - 22.99