Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: SDR-H60-US
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 5 reviews
- The SDR-H60's 50x optical zoom lens has the power you need to take dramatic close-ups or get remarkable shots of even distant subjects. But with long-distance zoom shots, even a tiny bit of hand shake has a huge effect on picture quality. That's where Panasonic's Advanced Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) comes in, suppressing the effects ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 09/01/2014
Awesome SD camcorder that works with iMovie
by nckmddltn on June 21, 2008
Pros: Compact size, super zoom, works with MAC
Cons: No flash for still pictures
Summary: Easy to use Standard definition camcorder with super 50x Zoom. Image stabilization works better than Sony. I have read reviews that this camera does not work with Mac - this ...
Summary: Easy to use Standard definition camcorder with super 50x Zoom. Image stabilization works better than Sony. I have read reviews that this camera does not work with Mac - this is not true. I connected the camera to the my Leopard based Macbook, opened iMovie and imported the videos without any problems. I love the compact size of the camcorder, easy to use joystick, 60Gb hard drive, and good battery life. So far, this camera is great.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Like the Camcorder, hate the editing software.
by vespautah02 on January 12, 2009
Pros: The camcorder itself worked well. I liked most of the features and it had an extremely large memory.
Cons: The editing software is a joke. Not user-friendly. The camcorder records in some funky proprietary format that is not compatible with software editing programs other than the clunky one it comes with.
Summary: I purchased this camcorder as a Christmas gift for my wife and myself. I used it for a month recording the fun of our 18 mo. old. When it came ...
Summary: I purchased this camcorder as a Christmas gift for my wife and myself. I used it for a month recording the fun of our 18 mo. old. When it came time to unload the video and start creating DVDs I learned that the camera records in some proprietary format, which only seems to work with the software packaged with the camcorder. The software included is clunky and unfriendly to use. It basically only functions as a way to dump your video onto your PC and do some very basic editing. I had hoped to be able to use one of the free editing software like Windows Movie Maker or Wax. Needless to say, those programs could not import the video. In the end, I returned the camcorder to Costco and plan to purchase a different make/model.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Does work with Mac 10.5 and iMovie '08
by bill-westerman on December 14, 2008
Pros: Just to clarify, this does work with Mac, but you need to be running 10.5 and the newest iMovie ('08). Check out http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1014
Cons: Plain looking case
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Very bad quality Picture
by Melyob on January 18, 2014
Pros: Compact design. Long life battery, (optional) easy to use. Works with MAC Leopard and Lion
Cons: More bad than good. Can't say it all in 250 characters.
Summary: The video quality looks great on the camera screen, but once transferred to my Mac or PC, the quality is less than I can get with my phone video. If ...
Summary: The video quality looks great on the camera screen, but once transferred to my Mac or PC, the quality is less than I can get with my phone video. If you zoom half way of the camera's capacity the image is so grainy its useless. I've shot a lot of video with this camera but the image quality is so low I'm embarassed to post them.
There is no flash option so this camera will not work in low light situations. Also lacks a viewfinder so in low light you are blinded by the LCD and then can't see anything else. The manual is written in Engrish. That is, the words are English, but it was written by someone who is not a native English speaker and his grasp of grammar and syntax makes understanding the manual difficult.
This camera is a waste of money. I've tried contacting Panasonic but I just don't have hours to sit around waiting for a support tech. I wish I'd taken it back when first bought, (2008) Don't waste your time or money.
great home video camcorder
by bakonfreek on June 10, 2010
Pros: proper camcorder functions, expandable memory, large internal memory, battery life seems to get better over time, stereo mic, takes pictures
Cons: included software is too slow, pictures only go up to 0.3 MP, no picture light, no video light, format isn't video editor friendly, battery sucks at first
Summary: This is a very very nice camcorder, and everything I use on it is optical. I also liked that the low quality video was still very nice. Something I didn'...
Summary: This is a very very nice camcorder, and everything I use on it is optical. I also liked that the low quality video was still very nice. Something I didn't like was when I imported the video into something like windows movie maker, there were lines on the top of the video that looked like a crumpled film in a bad projector, this is fixed with a proper video converter, but still. The battery life sucked very bad at first, but, as I got into using it more and more, the battery seemed to be lasting longer, and owning the camera for two years, that makes it sound much better. I also liked that the camera takes pictures, but the pictures are only VGA quality, pretty good for a SD (standard deffinition) camcorder, not very good for a $500 camcorder. I did NOT see any result of digital compression, it actually looked better than any footage I got off my friend's miniDV camcorder. I definitely recommend this camcorder for anyone who wants to upgrade to digital video, this camcorder will not disappoint you. It is good for capturing those precious memories that you want to share.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: SDR-H60-US
- Description: The SDR-H60's 50x optical zoom lens has the power you need to take dramatic close-ups or get remarkable shots of even distant subjects. But with long-distance zoom shots, even a tiny bit of hand shake has a huge effect on picture quality. That's where Panasonic's Advanced Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) comes in, suppressing the effects of hand shake as you shoot. The system uses gyro sensors to detect hand shake, then shifts a lens and adjusts the optical axis to compensate. This all happens a remarkable 4,000 times per second. And because the system is optical, no image quality is lost. Thanks to Advanced O.I.S., the images you capture look incredibly clear, sharp and blur-free even at high zoom levels. Holding as much data as 43 DVD discs, the SDR-H60's 60 GB internal hard disk drive lets you record continuously for up to 54 hours (in LP mode). Panasonic's anti-shock shield helps protect recorded video data from damage due to jolts and impact. The drop detect function senses if the camera is falling and moves the head away from the hard disk. The floating structure protects the hard disk should the camera fall or be dropped. And the buffer memory automatically backs up data while the camera is falling. This hard disk drive camcorder has a USB Host function, which lets you connect directly to a DVD burner (not included) via a USB cable. You can then copy recordings from the hard disk to a DVD disc by simply pressing a button. You can transfer the motion-image data from the SD card or the camcorder's hard drive right to your PC2 using your PC's USB port. Then with the included VideoCam Suite 1.0 software, you can easily put scenes in a different order and delete the ones you don't want. When you're finished with your video production, you can resave the edited version onto an SD memory card and a DVD disc.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder
- Digital Zoom 2500 x
- Camcorder Media Type Hard disk drive,
- Optical Sensor Size 1/6"
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Min Illumination 2 lux
- Analog video format NTSC
- Digital Video Format MPEG-2
- Image Stabilizer Optical (Advanced O.I.S.)
- Min Shutter Speed 1/25 sec
- Max Shutter Speed 1/8000 sec
- Shooting modes Digital photo mode
- Shooting Programs Surf & snow,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Outdoor,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- Widescreen Video Capture Yes
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
- Type 50 x x Zoom lens - 1.8 mm - 90 mm - F/2.0-5.0
- Lens aperture F/2.0-5.0
- Optical Zoom 50 x
- Lens system type Zoom lens
- Min focal length 1.8 mm
- Max focal length 90 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Low Lux / Night Mode Yes
- Additional Features Display brightness control,
Dolby Digital AC-3 (2 channel) recording,
Built-in help guide,
USB 2.0 compatibility,
- Software Drivers & Utilities,
Panasonic VideoCam Suite
- Included Accessories USB cable,
Audio / video cable
- Type 2.7 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1,
Composite video/audio output
- Microphone Features Wind noise reduction,
Memory / Storage
- Media type Hard disk drive ,
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Internal Storage 60 GB Hard disk drive
- Image Storage JPEG 640 x 480,
JPEG 640 x 360
- Video Recording Modes LP,
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Battery type - Lithium ion
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Rotating
- Resolution 123,200 pixels
- Width 2.6 in
- Depth 4.6 in
- Height 2.8 in
- Weight 12 oz
- KATA D-Light Capsule-181 DL - protective case for camcorder (35033784)119.89
- KATA PRO Video Collection CC-195 HDV Case - case for camcorder (34565096)135.00 - 146.37
- Manfrotto 585 Modosteady 3-in-1 Multifunction Camcorder Stabilizer (32778990)84.95
- Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control for EOS D30, D60, D10, 1D, 1V 20D SLR Cameras (33615634)135.99 - 144.95
- ACCESSORY KIT (35097691)89.99 - 94.95
- Sony ACC-HDV7 digital camera accessory kit (33969762)129.99
- Canon FS Series Camcorder Starter Kit - camcorder accessory kit (33612496)119.99 - 151.14
- KATA D-Light Capsule-185 DL - protective case for camcorder (35033780)129.95
- KATA GDC HDV Case CC-193 - case for camcorder (32959760)84.95
- Norazza Ape Case ACPRO1900 - case for camcorder (35170265)107.55 - 179.99