Manufacturer: Sony Part number: DCR-VX2000
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 06/18/2013
| || In stock || |
as of 06/19/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $49.95 - $2,250.00
- Reviewed by: Dick Ridington
- Reviewed on: 09/22/2002
- Released on: 05/01/2000
The good: Excellent image quality; great low-light performance; quick and accurate autofocus; high-resolution viewfinder and foldout LCD; fast and smooth zoom.
The bad: Focus ring doesn't override autofocus; still-image quality can't compare to that of a dedicated still camera.
The bottom line: The Sony DCR-VX2000 is a lightweight prosumer camera that offers heavyweight performance and a wealth of features.
Best camcorder ever!
Summary: I use this camcorder to film skateboarding, I purchased a fisheye lens and am getting the best footage ever. I film, edit the footage with my iMac, and I am ...
Summary: I use this camcorder to film skateboarding, I purchased a fisheye lens and am getting the best footage ever. I film, edit the footage with my iMac, and I am very happy on the results.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Super dope piece of technology.
by trusktr on September 13, 2011
Pros: Super dope piece of technology.
Cons: Super dope piece of technology.
Great and versatile
by ws120967 on January 29, 2007
Pros: Ease of use; Quality capture; Loads of options
Cons: Bulky; Requires a tripod for most shooting
Summary: This is an excellent camera for the $$. I've used it to shoot everything from weddings to sporting events and the picture quality is awesome. I'm finding more features ...
Summary: This is an excellent camera for the $$. I've used it to shoot everything from weddings to sporting events and the picture quality is awesome. I'm finding more features to use even after owning for over 6 years.
One of the most versatile for the price!
Pros: I have used this in many projects from press conferences, interviews, documentaries, and music videos... I've taken it from the U.S. to Asia, and down to South America. It works great, everything you need, all pro features in a small package.
Cons: Microphone inputs - mini jack. To bad it is not XLR.
Best Camera Best Price
Pros: Everything about it is top notch. I've used MANY cameras in my line of work. For the price and features, this camera is hands down the BEST there is. Period.
Cons: None. This little gem rocks. If you have problems with it, then it's YOU the USER that doesn't know what you're doing. Treat it right, read the directions, and this camera KICKS SERIOUS BUTT.
Hate first review! Great Camcorder!
Pros: Light. Great shape. Cannon XL1's are showboats. Too big.
Cons: Audio. Beachtech helps! Color. It's a beacon for security numb-sculls and hams!
The best damn camera!!!
Pros: This camera is the best, nothing like it out there, everyone needs to go out and buy one, I just loved it.
Great features; excellent video, too heavy for steady handheld-tripod a must.
Summary: I have used the Canon XL1-S also. I much prefer the Sony VX2000. The controls are easy to get to and intuitive. The image quality is excellent but for steady ...
Summary: I have used the Canon XL1-S also. I much prefer the Sony VX2000. The controls are easy to get to and intuitive. The image quality is excellent but for steady shots, a tripod is a must. The unit is heavier than another older camcorder I sometimes use; Sony's TVR520 Digital 8.
tape read errors common
Summary: after one year of infrequent use, I consistently get a tape read error (c:31:32). Sony will fix this for $900, but a quick search on line seems to ...
Summary: after one year of infrequent use, I consistently get a tape read error (c:31:32). Sony will fix this for $900, but a quick search on line seems to indicate that even when fixed, the problem resurfaces with alarming frequency. I'll go to canon for my next dv. Anyone want to buy a used camera?
Amazing piece of equipment
Summary: I have had my VX2000 for about a year now, and it still continues to amaze me. The image quality is absolutely stunning! It makes me wish the $3000 I ...
Summary: I have had my VX2000 for about a year now, and it still continues to amaze me. The image quality is absolutely stunning! It makes me wish the $3000 I had spent on my two previous cameras had been saved for a second of these cameras. My only complaint is the progressive scan mode, which I find basically unusable. If you have $3000 and are looking for a high-quality video camera, this is the one to get!
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: DCR-VX2000
- Description: Once you pick up the Sony DCR-VX2000 MiniDV Handycam camcorder, you will not put it down! Never went to film school? Here's your chance to create the films you've always dreamed of making. Start filming now and enjoy features like a 3-CCD imaging system, aspherical 58mm lens, and a manual zoom ring for extremely accurate and detailed videos. You could be the next independent filmmaker to make it big. Just remember it all began with Sony.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder
- Enclosure Color Silver
- Localization English
- Digital Zoom 48 x
- Camcorder Media Type Mini DV
- Optical Sensor Size 1/3"
- Optical Sensor Type 3CCD
- Min Illumination 2 lux
- Special Effects Solarization,
Black & White,
- Image Stabilizer Optical
- Video head qty 2
- Digital Scene Transition Overlap fader,
- Min Shutter Speed 1/60 sec
- Max Shutter Speed 1/10000 sec
- Slow shutter modes 1/4sec,
- Shooting modes Normal movie mode,
Digital photo mode
- Shooting Programs Aperture-priority,
Sunset & moon,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Outdoor,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Camera Flash None
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces S-Video,
- Type Carl Zeiss 12 x x Zoom lens - 6 mm - 72 mm - F/1.6-2.4
- Lens Construction 7 elements
- Lens aperture F/1.6-2.4
- Features Aspherical lens,
Built-in 1/32 neutral density filter,
Built-in 1/4 neutral density filter
- Optical Zoom 12 x
- Lens system type Zoom lens
- Min focal length 6 mm
- Max focal length 72 mm
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Filter Size 58 mm
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 43.2 - 518.4 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Zoom Adjustment Manual,
- Self Timer Delay 10 sec
- Flash Terminal Hot shoe
- Low Lux / Night Mode Yes
- DV input Yes
- Additional Features Backlight compensation,
Progressive scan CCD system,
- Remote control Remote control - Infrared
- Software Picture Gear 4.1 Lite
- Included Accessories S-Video cable,
Camcorder shoulder strap,
Memory storage adapter,
IR remote control,
Audio / video cable,
- Viewfinder Type LCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size 0.44 in
- Viewfinder Resolution 180,000 pixels
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x Microphone ( Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ),
1 x Headphones ( Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ),
1 x Composite video/audio (input/output),
1 x S-Video input / output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),
1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) ( 4 pin FireWire ),
1 x Control-L (LANC) ( Sub-mini phone stereo 2.5 mm ),
1 x Flash terminal ( Hot shoe ),
1 x DC power input
Memory / Storage
- Media type Mini DV
- Memory Card Slot Memory Stick card
- Included Memory Card 4 MB Memory Stick
- Image Storage Standard 640 x 480 : 60 VA - With 4MB card,
Fine 640 x 480 : 40 VA - With 4MB card,
Super-fine 640 x 480 : 20 VA - With 4MB card
- Video Capture No
- Video Recording Modes LP,
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Labor - 90 days,
Limited warranty - Parts - 1 year
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Mfr estimated battery life 90 min
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Rotating (270°)
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Width 4.5 in
- Depth 13.5 in
- Height 5.7 in
- Weight 3.1 lbs