Sony Handycam DCR-DVD101
Manufacturer: Sony Part number: DCRDVD101
- More product information:
- Editors' review
- User reviews
- Product series
- Manufacturer info
- Bottom Line:
- Unless you're so wedded to the Sony brand and the idea of DVD recording that you're willing to pay a premium--but not enough to jump to the DVD201--avoid this model.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/22/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $14.99
- Reviewed by: Denny Atkin
- Edited by: Lori Grunin
- Reviewed on: 06/23/2004
- Released on: 03/15/2004
The good: Mini DVDs offer convenient playback; good night-shooting quality; relatively compact.
The bad: Poor video quality; media expensive compared to MiniDV tapes; very basic feature set.
The bottom line: Unless you're so wedded to the Sony brand and the idea of DVD recording that you're willing to pay a premium--but not enough to jump to the DVD201--avoid this model.
I Want My Money Back
Pros: DVD media is convenient - straight to DVD Player or computer.
Cons: Kept receiving Disc Access Errors or Format Errors at the worst posible filming times. I kept losing all my memories.
Bla Bla Bla Stop crying!! Read the manual if you don't know how to use it!!!
Pros: Everything is good
Not even close to being worth the money!
Pros: Nice looking compact with good features and easy to use
Cons: Picture quality is poor, every time I use it outdoors I get a glare on the screen/video. I'm returning this one!!!!
No Mess downloading record/play/store
Pros: Video & Stills recorded on Mini-dvd's work on comp as mpeg or watch on tv with dvd player.. no messing with wires downloading etc to store on ure comp. Been waiting long time for this...
Cons: haven't found one yet .. easy too use ...
Liked it But . . .
Pros: Compact and I wanted the Night shot feature
Cons: I agree with others. Software difficult to use and Windows support programs can not read. Thinking of returning for something else.
Good, but discs are hard to find
Pros: Like the storage media!
Cons: Not many outlets sell the media and still very expensive
Ease of use and quality output
Pros: Easy to grasp the functions. Typical SONY reliability.
Cons: Extras a tad expensive.
Too expensive for features provided
Pros: Small, lightweight good.
Cons: Will only capture on the Pixela software that is supplied, not with Roxio Creator 7 or Windows Movie Maker.
Great, no connection hassles w/DVD
Pros: DVD; last longer than minidv, its magnetic strip will wear our over time. DVD's are forever!
Cons: more features, camera flash
Just bought my Sony DCR-DVD200
Pros: I don't know about this model, but, mine is great and it's very handy. Easy to use for the novice.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: DCRDVD101
- Description: Why rent DVDs when you can make your own with the DCR-DVD101 Handycam camcorder. It records high quality digital video on 3-inch DVD-R and DVD-RW media that can easily be viewed on most current DVD players and PCs. It is even capable of capturing thousands of 640 x 480 resolution JPEG images, making it a virtual digital still camera. It's perfect for vacations, holidays, or other family events. Despite its small size, the DCR-DVD101 comes with all the features you would expect from a high-end camcorder, such as a 10X optical zoom, a 2.5" hybrid SwivelScreen LCD display, and Super NightShot Plus infrared system. It even includes a 1/6" Advanced HAD CCD imager and a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, which combine to give unmatched image quality.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Camcorder
- Digital Zoom 120 x
- Camcorder Media Type DVD ( DVD-R (8cm) ),
DVD-RW (8 cm) )
- Optical Sensor Size 1/6"
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Min Illumination 0 lux
- Digital Video Format MPEG
- Special Effects Luminance Key,
- Image Stabilizer Electronic (Steady Shot)
- Digital Scene Transition Overlap fader,
- Min Shutter Speed 1/4 sec
- Max Shutter Speed 1/4000 sec
- Shooting modes Digital photo mode
- Shooting Programs Sunset & moon,
Beach & ski,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Outdoor,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Camera Flash None
- Media Included Qty 1
- AV Interfaces S-Video,
- Type Carl Zeiss 10 x x Zoom lens - 2.3 mm - 23 mm - F/1.7-2.3
- Lens aperture F/1.7-2.3
- Optical Zoom 10 x
- Lens system type Zoom lens
- Min focal length 2.3 mm
- Max focal length 23 mm
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Filter Size 25 mm
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 43 - 430 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Flash Terminal Hot shoe
- Low Lux / Night Mode Yes
- Additional Features Progressive shutter system,
- Remote control Remote control - Infrared
- Software PIXELA Image Mixer
- Included Accessories Lens cap,
IR remote control,
Audio / video cable
- Viewfinder Type LCD
- Viewfinder Resolution 123,200 pixels
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Connector Type 1 x Microphone,
1 x Composite video/audio (input/output),
1 x S-Video input / output,
1 x USB,
1 x DC power input
Memory / Storage
- Media type DVD
- Image Storage Fine 640 x 480 : 5400 VA - With DVD-RW disc,
Standard 640 x 480 : 8600 VA - With DVD-RW disc
- Video Capture MPEG
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Audio input type Microphone
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Microphone technology Electret condenser
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Mfr estimated battery life 150 min
Viewfinder / Display
- Display Features Rotating
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Width 2 in
- Depth 5.4 in
- Height 3.5 in
- Weight 1.1 lbs
Carl Zeiss 10 x x Zoom lens - 2.3 mm - 23 mm - F/1.7-2.3,
Sony Handycam DCR-DVD101 - Camcorder - DVD,
Carl Zeiss 10 x x Zoom lens - 3.2 mm - 32 mm - F/1.8-2.3,
Sony Handycam DCR-DVD201 - Camcorder - DVD,
Carl Zeiss 10 x x Zoom lens - 3.2 mm - 32 mm - F/1.8-2.3,
Sony Handycam DCR-DVD301 - Camcorder - DVD,
Specs: Advanced HAD CCD,
Carl Zeiss 10 x x Zoom lens - 5 mm - 51 mm - F/1.8-2.9,
Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403 - Camcorder - DVD,