Canon PowerShot SX210 IS (Purple)
Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 4247B001
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/13/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $399.00
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 04/27/2010
- Released on: 02/08/2010
The good: Nice selection of semimanual and manual controls; flexible lens in a compact body; very good photo quality.
The bad: Slow shooting performance; some awkward design aspects; unimpressive LCD.
The bottom line: If you want a compact megazoom with manual controls and fine photo quality, the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS is a good place to start.
Best Canon PowerShot I Have Ever Owned!
by DavidCameraCrazy on February 25, 2011
Pros: + 3" LCD is so clear
+ Colors are bright
+ Photos - vivid, clear, and overall superb quality
+ Low-light great quality
+ HD 720p video
+ 14x optical zoom with image stabilizer.
+ Face detection
Cons: - Some bad design features
- Motor sound in video when zooming
- Hard to hold with left hand
Summary: I waited for a while to see what was up with Amazon's release date. I have a huge European vacation coming up in a couple weeks, so I couldn'...
Summary: I waited for a while to see what was up with Amazon's release date. I have a huge European vacation coming up in a couple weeks, so I couldn't wait much longer to get used to a new camera. I surfed on over to Best Buy and there it was...with Free Shipping and I am loving this camera! Best point-and-shoot I have ever owned.
This is now my third Canon PowerShot. I am by no means getting rid of my SD750 though - great camera, but there is 2x's the pixel and zoom in the SX210IS. I never thought that I was going to have a point-and-shoot with image stabilization like my Nikon D90 has. The red-eye correction works best if the setting is to reduce DURING the photo taking.
The 3" LCD is so clear and so the colors are bright. The video capability is just uhm... WOW! I thought the SD750 took amazing video, but the video this camera takes is mind-blowing. I filmed some of us at our softball training tonight and if I could - I would show you how amazing the videos came out. I am using a 16GB Transcend Class 6 card and the download time was pretty fast. I had about 17 minutes total.
Zoom zoom zoommm (did that sound like a Mazda commercial?) The zoom was also tested at my softball game. I zoomed in on my friend out in left field and the Red Sox logo was CLEAR! There was a bit of grain, but when I say 'bit' - it was so minimal.
Day photos - vivid, clear, and overall superb quality. Low-light - great quality and the best that I have seen in any point-and-shoot - just let it do the right focusing and you have some decent photos. Night - it was pretty dark before softball was over tonight. I walked over to the dugout and just started randomly taking shots at some objects where it was pitch dark - they came out like it was DAY! I the arranged a softball, bat bag, and glove about 60 feet away from me and zoomed, well - the photo came out clear, bright (but not overdone) and way better than I ever expected.
I now joke that this camera has higher MP than my DSLR. My Nikon D90 is a 12.1 and this is 14.1 - I honestly never thought that I would have a non-DSLR that had these options, but Canon surely has made a great choice in this area!
Overall, I am extremely happy with this camera. It was well worth $350 for a compact point-and-shoot. I will be looking forward to seeing more reviews since there are only six (including mine) as of now.
Hope you enjoyed my review & hope you choose this camera!
*** P.S. If you will buy this camera I suggest you have a compare price before you decide at: www.amazon.com/gp/*************?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%****%2Foffer-listing%2FB0035FZJM6%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Ddp_olp_new_map%26condition%3Dnew&tag=***************&********=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957
11 out of 11 users found this user opinion helpful.
Generally great, but with drawbacks.
by krissalh on November 18, 2010
Pros: Great zoom, high quality photos when using most settings, great battery life, very functional for a compact camera.
Cons: Lower quality at full zoom, picture quality decreases with time (auto setting especially), pop up flash is annoying, zoom is slow.
Summary: I typically get really nice photos when I use the manual setting. It is easy to use for a compact camera. The 14x zoom is SO handy! However, the lens ...
Summary: I typically get really nice photos when I use the manual setting. It is easy to use for a compact camera. The 14x zoom is SO handy! However, the lens moves relatively slowly.
This camera started off doing everything great, but within a short period of time the pictures on the auto setting decreased in quality (everything just got fuzzier), and it has been steady and slowly decreasing in quality. However, this not all my pictures on the auto setting turn out lower quality. Many look just great. But when I use the manual setting (I typically just switch between auto and manual--I rarely use the other settings) I can always get perfectly clear pictures (they look fabulous!).
Often the camera is a little slow to focus. If you want to take a picture of the sky or something you have to focus the camera on something more absolute first (like a tree). In manual mode the camera focuses on the center of the frame. In auto it's great at focusing on faces and whatever automatically.
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 4247B001
- Description: With a wide-angle 14x optical zoom and Canon optical Image Stabilizer at its heart, plus full manual control and HD movies, the compact PowerShot SX210 IS is an alliance of power and style.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Purple
- Resolution 14.1 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 14,500,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 14,100,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.3"
- Optical Zoom 14 x
- Digital Zoom 4 x
- Image Processor DIGIC 4
- Image Stabilizer Optical
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Digital Video Format H.264
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces HDMI,
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 1600,
- Exposure Metering Evaluative,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Snow,
Kids & pets,
- Special Effects Miniature,
Black & White,
Darker Skin Tone,
Lighter Skin Tone,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
Fluorescent light (daylight),
Fluorescent light (cool white)
- Max Shutter Speed 1/3200 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 15 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type 14 x x Zoom lens - 5 mm - 70 mm - F/3.1-5.9
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 28 - 392 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Min Focus Range 2 in
- Macro Focus Range 2 in - 19.7 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Lens Construction 10 groups / 12 elements
- Features UA lens,
Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Pop-up flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Features Flash +/- compensation,
- Effective Flash Range 2.5 ft - 11.5 ft
- Continuous Shooting Speed 0.7 frames per second,
0.5 frames per second
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
In-camera red-eye fix,
Scene Detection Technology,
Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB,
Smart Flash Exposure,
Resizing an image,
Cropping an image,
I-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system,
Face Detection Self-timer,
Blink Detection technology,
Exif Print support,
720p HD movie recording,
RGB primary color filter,
Motion Detection Technology,
Smile Detection Auto Shutter,
Digital noise reduction,
Camera orientation detection,
USB 2.0 compatibility,
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 3 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output,
1 x HDMI output
- Software Canon ZoomBrowser EX,
Drivers & Utilities,
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows 7,
Apple Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6,
MS Windows Vista,
MS Windows XP SP2 or later
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Included Accessories Battery charger,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery Canon NB-5L
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SDHC Memory Card,
SD Memory Card,
SDXC Memory Card
- Image Storage JPEG 4320 x 3240,
JPEG 4320 x 2432,
JPEG 3456 x 2592,
JPEG 2592 x 1944,
JPEG 1600 x 1200,
JPEG 640 x 480
- Video Capture H.264 - 640 x 480,
H.264 - 320 x 240,
H.264 - 1280 x 720
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 4.2 in
- Depth 1.3 in
- Height 2.3 in
- Weight 7.8 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Image stabilizer feature Optical stabilization helps prevent blurry pictures, especially for handheld cameras at slow shutter speeds or when using high optical zoom.
Specs: 14.1 megapixels,
28 - 392mm F/3.1,
Specs: 14.1 megapixels,
28 - 392mm F/3.1,
Specs: 14.1 megapixels,
28 - 392mm F/3.1,