HP Photosmart M537
Manufacturer: HP Part number: L2449A#ABA
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/28/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $299.99
- Reviewed by: Will Greenwald
- Reviewed on: 10/25/2007
The good: Extremely simple to use; handy in-camera editing features.
The bad: No exposure control other than exposure compensation; slow performance; poor image quality.
The bottom line: This inexpensive, simple HP Photosmart M537 digital camera is easy to use, but its pictures aren't so easy on the eyes.
Very Good Camera Under $100
by sjdreyes on August 9, 2007
Pros: Easy to Learn Camera, Perfect for 1st Time Users.
Cons: Wish it had a few more features.
Summary: This camera is inteded as a gift, and as such I wanted to get something around $100. I found this at Best Buy for about $97, which wasn't bad. ...
Summary: This camera is inteded as a gift, and as such I wanted to get something around $100. I found this at Best Buy for about $97, which wasn't bad. Before I gave it, I wanted to give it a try, just in case it was defective. I found that the controls were simple, easy to understand for the first-time user. It fits nicely in the hand and was light weight. The casing feels a little on the cheap side, which means it can easily be scuffed. The LCD screen is big, making it easy to see the menu's and the picture to be taken. On the downside, the internal memory is small. Out of the box, the camera has enough memory for 9 pictures. However, I put in a 512MB card, and it's now able to take 454 pictures. Not too bad. I took some night-time/low light indoor pictures. Some were OK, the others seemed too dark or blurry. Daytime outdoor pictures were average or better. Some lighting adjustment settings would of helped compensate for the differences in lighting. Another feature HP should have included was an AV output. It would of been nice to show the pictures on a large TV for the family. Overall, I feel I made a wise purchase. I would recommend this camera for first time digital camera users.
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
Good camera for the first time user...
by cabuckeye on December 31, 2007
Pros: Easy to learn from the menu, simple buttons for features...
Cons: Haven't found any yet....
Summary: I've owned fancier cameras and was in the market for a new one. I'm a point and shoot kind of picture taker and some of the finer points ...
Summary: I've owned fancier cameras and was in the market for a new one. I'm a point and shoot kind of picture taker and some of the finer points of quaility and lighting don't really concern me. I decided to downgrade because I've had two digital cameras in the $250 plus range either get broken or stop working and I'm tired of dishing out those kinds of dollars for cameras with a 2-3 year life span.
So I found the M537 at Office Depot and with a $20 instant savings and $9.00 in returned cartridge coupons I paid a sweet $70.00 for this new camera.
If this camera goes on the fritz in the usual 2-3 years, I won't be so upset with the idea of replacing it.
If you're a photo buff with lots of concern for lighting, quality and such, dont' buy this camera. But if you want something easy to use for birthday parties, Christmas gatherings and even a cruise vacation, this camera will do the job for you and when you drop it overboard by accident, your only big loss will be the photos you hadn't downloaded yet.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
A firmware update allows it to use SD HC memory cards!!
by cadc82 on November 18, 2008
Pros: Easy to use, small, great for beginners
Cons: Auto shooting mode doesn´t always selected the best settings, therefore you have to sometimes use the specific one to get a good picture...
Camera doesn´t have a speakers to reproduce sound of videoclips, so you have to listen once transfered.
Summary: Great camera, for what it´s worth!!
Check this website to download the last hp firmware in order to use SD HC memory cards http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/...
Summary: Great camera, for what it´s worth!!
Check this website to download the last hp firmware in order to use SD HC memory cards http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ps-48981-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=3328035
Good camera, but very fragile and 90 day warranty only
by MarkA2006 on November 1, 2008
Pros: I like the display. Photo quality is decent but defintley should be better for a 6MP camera, but for the price, not too bad. I like the rechargable AA batteries idea. Great LCD display for viewing photos.
Cons: no view finder. very fragile. lens cover broke after 4 months, but warranty expires in 90 days. No audio for playing back video on camera.
Summary: Nice little camera overall, but it should be valued at about $50-$60, no more. I purchased it for my 8 year old and she took good care of it, ...
Summary: Nice little camera overall, but it should be valued at about $50-$60, no more. I purchased it for my 8 year old and she took good care of it, but still the shutter cover broke.
super works great
by heirloom on May 30, 2007
Pros: Image quailty is great and the menus are easy to navigate. It my first digital camera and I love it.
Cons: none that I can think of only had it 1 day
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: L2449A#ABA
- Description: Get ready to shoot stunning photos. HP Photosmart M537 Digital Camera packs 6 megapixels plus 18x total zoom (3x optical, 6x digital) for eye-popping results. An array of convenient buttons and menus, an anti-shake feature, a bright 2.5" display, in-camera red-eye removal, a Design Gallery, and the ability to take video clips and print stills round out this Windows Vista Ready model's offerings.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Resolution 6 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 6,240,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 6,000,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5"
- Optical Zoom 3 x
- Digital Zoom 5 x
- Digital Video Format MJPEG
- Image Recording Format JPEG
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 400,
- Exposure Metering Center-weighted
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Action,
- White Balance Automatic
- Max Shutter Speed 1/1000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 1 sec
- Type 3 x x Zoom lens - 5.4 mm - 16.2 mm - F/2.8-4.8
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 34 - 102 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Features Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Effective Flash Range 10 ft
- Continuous Shooting Speed 2 frames per second
- Self Timer Delay 10 sec
- Additional Features DPOF support,
In-camera red-eye removal,
Auto power save,
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Docking station
- Software Drivers & Utilities,
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition,
Apple Mac OS X 10.4 or later,
Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9,
MS Windows Vista,
MS Windows XP Professional,
MS Windows XP Home Edition
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Microsoft Certifications Works with Windows Vista
- Included Accessories Wrist strap,
- Supported Battery AA
- Supported Battery 2 x AA Alkaline battery ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- RAM Installed 16 MB
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SD Memory Card
- Image Storage JPEG 2864 x 2128,
JPEG 2576 x 1920,
JPEG 2048 x 1536
- Video Capture MPEG - 320 x 240
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 3.8 in
- Depth 1.2 in
- Height 2.5 in
- Weight 6.4 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 122 °F
CNET Labs' Benchmarks
- Labs information All values are expressed in seconds. Please visit our <ref type="link" url="http://reviews.cnet.com/Labs/4520-6603 7-1014358-1.html">labs information page</ref> for information on how digital cameras are tested.
- CNET Labs Flash shot to shot time 3.2
- CNET Labs Shot to shot time typical 2.0
- CNET Labs Shutter lag bright 1.1
- CNET Labs Shutter lag dim 2.0
- CNET Labs Typical burst speed 2.1
- CNET Labs Wake up time 4.1