Kodak EasyShare V1003 (Midnight Black)
Manufacturer: Kodak Part number: 1613736
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/08/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $399.50
- Reviewed by: Will Greenwald
- Reviewed on: 03/25/2007
- Released on: 02/15/2007
The good: Comes in several different colors.
The bad: Awkward controls; terrible noise; mediocre performance.
The bottom line: Unless you care more about the color of your 10-megapixel camera than the photos it captures, give this one a pass.
given to me as a gift.. wished I would have returned it..
by lpsrn on December 27, 2007
Pros: great for outdoors on sunny days
Cons: HORRIBLE pictures and videos indoors
Summary: This camera has a lot to be desired. Not that I want to be ungrateful.. I just want enable the buyer to beware. I had an old Kodak V550 that ...
Summary: This camera has a lot to be desired. Not that I want to be ungrateful.. I just want enable the buyer to beware. I had an old Kodak V550 that took absolutely wonderful pictures and videos. The camera broke and my very thoughtful children gave me this camera as a replacement.
If you are only using the camera for picture taking in sunny outdoor settings, then this is the camera for you. If you are taking pictures indoors, you need to look elsewhere. I even updated the software on Christmas Eve with hopes of taking better pictures. Much to my dismay the lag time is still there, the pictures are grainy, blurry or just plain dark.. Seriously, only eight out of thirty-five pictures that were taken were even worth saving. This camera is not one to get spontaneous pictures of what you desire.
I now am looking for another camera that better suits my needs.
Best quality pictures in the $150-$200 price range.
by 2tricky4u on December 19, 2007
Pros: Pocket size, great lens, stylish, easy to navigate menus, simple, comes with Li-ion rechargeable battery and charger.
Cons: Does not have the auto rotate feature for portrait picture that other Kodak cameras have.
Summary: I give this camera an 7 out of 10 mark because after several weeks of testing many cameras at Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, etc. and after buying and ...
Summary: I give this camera an 7 out of 10 mark because after several weeks of testing many cameras at Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, etc. and after buying and returning a Kodak M883 and a Fujifilm F480, I found that this camera takes the best pictures for the price range of $150-$200. I tested all the cameras by taking a high contrast picture then zooming in on black objects to see how noisy it looked. The M883 was the worst in this respect. I also tested the camera for fast action pictures and this camera did better than the rest. Kodak usually takes the best action picture out of all other brands. The features of this camera are simple. The camera comes with a Li-ion rechargeable battery and a recharger. Lately it seems like there is a come back of AA batteries and my experience is that AA batteries don't last more than a half a day of pictures, while Li-ion batteries can last up to a week of picture taking. So this is a pro on this camera. The lens and quality of picture is better than many other I tried, so this was the deciding factor for me. Because after all the bottom line is how the pictures are going to look when I see them printed, or on my TV or on my computer.
The best pocket camera I found during my research was the Kodak V1253, so if you have the extra money, go for it. Another great camera I found was the Casio Exilim, which has a lot of great features.
Doesn’t live up to its potential...
by Oxfordian on August 7, 2007
Pros: Captures fine detail...
Cons: But does not record it accurately...
Summary: The Kodak EasyShare V1003 is indeed a 10 MP camera and returns the fine details in a photograph accordingly; however, it lacks terribly in other areas. The color quality was ...
Summary: The Kodak EasyShare V1003 is indeed a 10 MP camera and returns the fine details in a photograph accordingly; however, it lacks terribly in other areas. The color quality was rather askew, possibly due to an underpowered flash and the images were very grainy. My conclusion, what good are 10 MP if the camera doesn’t know how to use them.
I bought this Kodak to replace my old Canon PowerShot A510 which is only endowed with the ability to take images at 3.2 MP. Obviously my old camera was not able to capture some of the minute details the Kodak was able to; however, this difference is negated because of a strange grainy texture coating the Kodak’s images which manifests when specific objects are focused on in photo software.
Bottom line, the Kodak EasyShare V1003 promises 10 MP and delivers that; however, quality in areas outside of pixel count are lacking. Back to the store...
Simplistic, somewhat mundane, quite basic
by The-Smack-Down on May 22, 2007
Pros: Catchy black aluminum exterior, beautiful blue LED's on function keys
Cons: Too easy to use. It doesn't seem Kodak put enough hours for the drawing board into this one...
Summary: One thing I love about this digital camera is how metallic it is. Metallic generally means durability, and quality. I enjoy the temperature differential when you touch the exterior; though ...
Summary: One thing I love about this digital camera is how metallic it is. Metallic generally means durability, and quality. I enjoy the temperature differential when you touch the exterior; though the room temperature is 70 degrees farenheit, you'll notice the unit feels like it's 20 degrees to the touch. It assures me that I'm dealing with a quality peice of hardware. But let's be somewhat realistic here... It's not THAT assuring. In fact it can quite be dissapointing. Although the exterior is catchy... the interactive controls are besides that - interactive. The controls can be mastered in less than 1 minute. Other than that, this camera is kind of... cute. 8.0 Megapixels are always a plus. If anything, you might impress you're girlfriend. MIGHT.
- Manufacturer: Kodak
- Part number: 1613736
- Description: The V1003 is all about fun. Fresh colors. Dynamic ways to personalize. Capture the world your way with the V1003. Make your pictures as vivid as the moment you took them. Print better, brighter pictures using KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology. The V1003 is part of the KODAK EASYSHARE System; so sharing your pictures is amazingly simple.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Midnight black
- Resolution 10 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 10.38 megapixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 10,000,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/1.8"
- Optical Zoom 3 x
- Digital Zoom 4 x
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty 5
- Digital Video Format QuickTime (MPEG-4)
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 1600,
ISO auto (80-160)
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Candle,
- Special Effects Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
- Max Shutter Speed 1/1448 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 8 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type Kodak,
3 x x Zoom lens - F/2.8-4.9
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 36 - 108 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 23.6 in
- Macro Focus Range 2 in - 27.6 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Features Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Features AF illuminator
- Effective Flash Range 2 ft - 10 ft
- Continuous Shooting Speed 1 frame per second
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
In-camera red-eye removal,
Cropping an image,
Auto power save,
Camera orientation detection,
In-camera movie editing,
Digital image stabilization (video mode),
USB 2.0 compatibility,
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Resolution 150,000 pixels
- Display Features Built-in
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output,
1 x Docking station,
1 x DC power input
- Software Kodak EasyShare,
Drivers & Utilities
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
Apple Mac OS X 10.3 or later
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- System Requirements Details Windows 2000/XP - 600 MHz - 128 MB - 200 MB
- Included Accessories Carrying strap,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery Kodak KLIC 7003
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- RAM Installed 32 MB
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards MultiMediaCard,
SD Memory Card
- Included Memory Card 32 MB Integrated
- Image Storage JPEG 3648 x 2736 : 11 VA - With 32MB card,
JPEG 3648 x 2432 : 12 VA - With 32MB card,
JPEG 2560 x 1920 : 22 VA - With 32MB card,
JPEG 2048 x 1536 : 32 VA - With 32MB card,
JPEG 1920 x 1280 : 42 VA - With 32MB card,
JPEG 1920 x 1080 : 48 VA - With 32MB card,
JPEG 1280 x 960 : 72 VA - With 32MB card
- Video Capture QuickTime (MPEG-4) - 640 x 480 - 59 sec - With 32MB card,
QuickTime (MPEG-4) - 320 x 240 - 199 sec - With 32MB card
- Service & Support 1 year limited warranty
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 4.1 in
- Depth 1 in
- Height 2.1 in
- Weight 4.4 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F