Nikon Coolpix P510 (Red)
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc. Part number: 26330
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/10/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $599.99
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 03/21/2012
- Released on: 02/15/2012
The good: The Nikon Coolpix P510 is a fun camera to shoot with, overflowing with photo and movie features, and backed by very fast shooting performance and excellent low-ISO photo quality.
The bad: The P510 has trouble focusing at the telephoto end and its low-light/high-ISO photo quality has room for improvement. Also, the camera feels cheaply constructed.
The bottom line: The Nikon Coolpix P510 is easy to recommend for its features, photos, and performance, but the usefulness of a 42x zoom lens is debatable.
Excellent performer. Wonderful lense & great photos
by GreyMask on July 8, 2012
Pros: Excellent Zoom Lense with very impressive stabilization even at maximum zoom
Fast and accurate focusing.
Wonderful colour reproduction and focal detail.
Fast and intuitive interface.
Very easy to use with enough adjustability to suit even pro users
Cons: No ability to mount filters to lense barrel
No remote release capability
Maximum shutter opening time is only 8 seconds and only when in manual.
Low light auto focus can be a challenge but can be overcome in manual
Summary: All in all this is a superb camera. It offers a huge amount of versatility in shots dependant only on the users creativity whilst still offering wonderful quality for those ...
Summary: All in all this is a superb camera. It offers a huge amount of versatility in shots dependant only on the users creativity whilst still offering wonderful quality for those who just want to use it as a point and shoot.
The P510 fits the hand beautifully, is well balanced, has a quality feel and unlike some of its competition (the SX40 for example) never feels like it could drop or slip from your grasp. The rubber moulding also gives it a much better feel than the cheaper plastic offerings of its competition.
The rear screen is bright and clear and can be easily moved and reconfigured at the touch of a hand. I personally prefer the operation of this screen to some other manufacturers swing out and around designs.
The zoom lense really needs to be seen to be believed, allowing wonderful closeups to be achieved with little to no distortion. Noise levels are kept well in control and really only start to vaguely appear at ISO400. ISO800 shows acceptable small levels of noise and even at ISO 1600, noise is acceptable for a camera with a sensor of this size. ISO ratings above this do exhibit noise which would be fine for small prints, web shots or an intentionally grainy finish but otherwise probably not for a framed portrait.
The camera offers an enormous amount of flexibility for those willing to experiment and gives very rewarding results.
The battery lasts all day even under heavy zoom use, but as with all cameras, if you are planning on lots of flash work, a spare battery would be an advantage.
I love this camera, It's size makes it a practical camera for everyday use without the need for a plethora of lenses and a golf buggy to carry them in.
The photo results are rich and vibrant and whilst not quite up to the standard of an SLR with its bigger sensor and the resultant greater ability to catch light, this camera is capable of producing very satisfying photo's for all but the most pedantic of photographers.
I highly recommend this camera to anyone.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
by mattg10780 on September 8, 2012
Pros: The zoom is AWESOME!!!!! Lots of options and some DSLR options, Quick focus for pictures, 921k dot lcd screen light weight.
Cons: slow auto focus for video
Summary: I think this is an all around excellent camera, I've never once had a problem like the other review said with loss of pictures?????? Really though if you can'...
Summary: I think this is an all around excellent camera, I've never once had a problem like the other review said with loss of pictures?????? Really though if you can't afford a dslr this is the camera for you fast speeds at up to 120FPS excellent night shot photos, takes spectacular photos. I would have to say this is for beginners all the way up to proffesionals, it's worth every cent and there's no other point and shoot camera in it's price range that I would rather have even with the more expensive cameras like the nikon D3200 dslr I have and I use this camera more than that i mean come on a 1000mm zoom lens to buy one for your dslr it could cost any where from 150-2000 us dollars be smart and purchase this camera you wont be disappointed.
For the money, I expected more:(
by Lminnick919 on June 24, 2012
Pros: The zoom is phenomenal.
Cons: Images constantly lost or dropped.
Summary: I am very disappointed in this camera, it ruined a once in a lifetime vacation with my Grandchildren. I am looking at the new Sony camera. The Nikon constantly cannot ...
Summary: I am very disappointed in this camera, it ruined a once in a lifetime vacation with my Grandchildren. I am looking at the new Sony camera. The Nikon constantly cannot process images, I have many photos that have "no image" I originally bought this camera for my cruise in Septemer, but I won't ruin another vacation.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
- Part number: 26330
- Description: Go further with the Coolpix P510, the bridge camera with a 42x super zoom. With a NIKKOR lens that offers an astounding 24-1000 mm wide-angle to super telephoto coverage, this 16-megapixel camera gets as close as you like to the action. The backlit CMOS sensor and advanced lens-shift vibration reduction enable steady shots in any light. The tiltable LCD monitor provides the perfect high-resolution view from any angle. One-touch access to Full HD movie mode lets you switch to filming movies with ease. Built-in GPS includes geotags in image data.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Red
- Resolution 16.1 megapixels
- 3D Technology Yes
- Optical Sensor Type BSI-CMOS
- Total Pixels 16,790,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 16,100,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.3"
- Optical Zoom 42 x
- Digital Zoom 2 x
- Image Processor EXPEED C2
- Image Stabilizer Optical (image sensor shift mechanism)
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty 99
- AE/AF Control Subject-tracking AF
- Face Detection Face-priority AF function
- Digital Video Format MOV,
- Image Recording Format JPEG,
- Max Video Resolution 1920 x 1080
- AV Interfaces HDMI,
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO auto (100-1600),
ISO auto (100-400),
ISO auto (100-800),
- Exposure Metering Center-weighted,
- Exposure Metering Zones 224
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Snow,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
- Max Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 4 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type 42 x x Zoom lens - 4.3 mm - 180 mm - F/3.3-5.9
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 24 - 1000 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 19.7 in
- Macro Focus Range 0.4 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Lens Construction 10 groups / 14 elements
- Features ED glass
- Camera Flash Pop-up flash
- Flash Modes Auto mode
- Effective Flash Range 1.6 ft - 26 ft : ISO auto ( Wide lens ),
5 ft - 15 ft : ISO auto ( Tele lens )
- Continuous Shooting Speed 7 frames per second
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
Best Shot Selector (BSS),
Eye-Fi Card Ready,
Cropping an image,
Scene Auto Selector,
Exif Print support,
Motion Detection Technology,
Interval shooting mode,
1080p Full HD movie recording,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Viewfinder Type LCD
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size 0.2 in
- Viewfinder Resolution 201,000 pixels
- Dioptric Correction Range -4 to +4
- Type 3 in LCD display
- Display Features Folding
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Connector Type 1 x Hi-Speed USB,
1 x HDMI output,
1 x Composite video/audio output
- Software Nikon ViewNX 2
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Included Accessories Carrying strap,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery Nikon EN-EL5
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
- Battery Life Details Photo shooting
Memory / Storage
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SDHC Memory Card,
SD Memory Card,
SDXC Memory Card
- Internal Storage 90 MB
- Image Storage JPEG 4608 x 3456,
JPEG 4608 x 3072,
JPEG 4608 x 2592,
JPEG 3264 x 2448,
JPEG 2272 x 1704,
JPEG 2048 x 1536,
JPEG 1600 x 1200,
JPEG 1920 x 1080,
JPEG 640 x 480,
JPEG 3456 x 3456
- Video Capture H.264 - 1920 x 1080,
H.264 - 1280 x 720,
iFrame - 960 x 540,
H.264 - 640 x 480
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 4.7 in
- Depth 4 in
- Height 3.3 in
- Weight 1.2 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
Specs: Full body,
Optical (image sensor shift mechanism)
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
Specs: Full body,
Optical (image sensor shift mechanism)