Nikon Coolpix S30 (Blue)
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc. Part number: 26319
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/28/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $209.99
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 04/23/2012
- Released on: 02/15/2012
The good: With big buttons, an easy-to-understand interface, and limited shooting options, the Nikon Coolpix S30 is a family-friendly waterproof and shockproof point-and-shoot.
The bad: The S30 is not a camera you want to use indoors or in low-light conditions.
The bottom line: The rugged Nikon Coolpix S30 is a simple, inexpensive point-and-shoot to keep poolside, and doesn't try to be anything more.
This camera is junk.
by salmo38 on September 19, 2013
Pros: It was $79.
Cons: The connection for the cable is under the same the doot as the batteries. The batteries have a seprate door that will not remain closed when the main door is opened.
Summary: I was told by my boss to buy this camera since it was on sale. I have to use it daily, I hope it was on sale because it is ...
Summary: I was told by my boss to buy this camera since it was on sale. I have to use it daily, I hope it was on sale because it is being discontinued. Very dissapointed for a Nikon product.
First time in water crapped out!!
by Steve00062 on June 21, 2013
Pros: There is no pros camera leaked and died first time in the water.
Cons: They charge money for this piece of crap
Summary: I bought this camera just before leaving on a trip to Belize. Took about a dozens pics on dry land before reaching the ocean. The first time in the water ...
Summary: I bought this camera just before leaving on a trip to Belize. Took about a dozens pics on dry land before reaching the ocean. The first time in the water the camera leaked and ruined the memory card, lost all the pictures and the camera is garbage.
Save your money!!!
- Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
- Part number: 26319
- Description: The COOLPIX S30 is a camera designed for the family. It's water and shockproof so no worries. Capture your world with stills and movies.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Blue
- Resolution 10.1 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 10,440,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 10,100,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/3"
- Optical Zoom 3 x
- Digital Zoom 4 x
- Image Processor EXPEED C2
- Image Stabilizer Electronic
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- AE/AF Control Face-priority AF
- Face Detection Face-priority AF function,
- Digital Video Format MJPEG,
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- Max Video Resolution 1280 x 720
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO auto (80-1600)
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment,
- Exposure Metering Zones 256
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Underwater,
- Special Effects Fisheye,
- White Balance Automatic,
- Max Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 4 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type 3 x x Zoom lens - 4.1 mm - 12.3 mm - F/3.3-5.9
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 29.1 - 87.3 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 11.8 in
- Macro Focus Range 2 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Lens Construction 5 groups / 6 elements
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Auto mode
- Effective Flash Range 1 ft - 11.5 ft : ISO auto ( Wide lens ),
1.6 ft - 6.6 ft : ISO auto ( Tele lens )
- Continuous Shooting Speed 1.5 frames per second for 4 frames
- Self Timer Delay 10 sec
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
Exif Print support,
720p HD movie recording,
Display brightness control,
Motion Detection Technology,
Auto power save,
Cropping an image,
Interval shooting mode,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2.7 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Connector Type 1 x Hi-Speed USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output
- Software Nikon ViewNX 2
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Included Accessories Carrying strap,
- Protection Dust resistant,
- Underwater Depth Up to 9.8 ft
- Supported Battery AA
- Supported Battery 2 x AA Alkaline battery ( Included ),
2 x AA Lithium battery ( Optional ),
2 x AA NiMH rechargeable battery ( Optional )
- Battery Life Details Photo shooting ( Alkaline batteries ),
Photo shooting ( Lithium batteries ),
Photo shooting ( NiMH batteries ),
Video recording - 0.8 hour(s) ( Alkaline batteries ),
Video recording - 3.8 hour(s) ( Lithium batteries ),
Video recording - 2.4 hour(s) ( NiMH batteries )
Memory / Storage
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SDHC Memory Card,
SD Memory Card,
SDXC Memory Card
- Internal Storage 47 MB
- Image Storage JPEG 3648 x 2736,
JPEG 2272 x 1704,
JPEG 1600 x 1200
- Video Capture AVI - 1280 x 720,
AVI - 640 x 480
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 4 in
- Depth 1.5 in
- Height 2.6 in
- Weight 7.5 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 0 - 85% (non-condensing)
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.