Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2A (blue)
Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: DMC-TS2A
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.0 stars out of 4 reviews
- With its enhanced toughness, The Lumix TS2 features an airtight body protected against water immersion, dust and sand. The model is waterproof to a depth of 33 feet and dustproof, which can be attributed to its rubber padding and reinforced glass and carbon inside the camera. The Lumix TS2 is shockproof, encased with shock-resistant material, and its folded optics design ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/10/2014
The best HD Camera you can take ANYWHERE. Recommended!!
by dbrown72 on June 4, 2011
Pros: Durability, High photo quality 14MB, HD video recording, 20+ picture options, panoramic view is great. Waterproof, shockproof, dust-proof, freeze-proof, drop proof. Panasonic also has great customer service.
Cons: You have to manually go through the precaution warnings to make it go away. It may get condensation in the lens, if that happens Panasonic will return it no problem.
Summary: This is an incredible camera. I've had it for 2 years, it's gone across the country with me, to other countries in the world, and can truly take ...
Summary: This is an incredible camera. I've had it for 2 years, it's gone across the country with me, to other countries in the world, and can truly take a beating. I recommend it to anyone.
Worked amazing until I started filming...
by cmlegend on February 7, 2011
Pros: Very efficient considering the fact that its a rugged camera. Its also compact and looks nice. Superb pictures over/underwater.
Cons: Lense has no cover.. it will eventually scratch.
Location of the lense...Tend to put your finger near the lense so you might block the light or simply see your finger at the top of your picture
Loose part in the unit... see summary for details
Summary: I returned the first unit since it had condensation in the lense after the 3rd days underwater... that one was a dud... but the second camera worked very well until ...
Summary: I returned the first unit since it had condensation in the lense after the 3rd days underwater... that one was a dud... but the second camera worked very well until I was reviewing the movies I made of my family. Let me explain: I was hearing lots of clicking noise during movie playback... parts when I was skating or simply walking with the camera. The reason behind it is the loose piece inside the camera. When I called the salesman, he told me that many are returning it because of that clicking noise. But apparently its normal and all the TS2 have that... I went to check for myself and shook the floor model forward and backwards and indeed you could also hear it. Same noise..Still pictures are very good (except that you can't have multiple shot in self-timer like the Canon) but if plan on filming, stay away from it... or try it yourself when you receive it...Hope this helps... I'm getting a regular non-underwater camera now... Sony Cybershot WX5
Apparently the TS3 model coming out soon will fix that... but right now, I can't believe they are still selling this camera with that annoying noise...
Worked well, then took it in the water and now dead.
by wpaterson on August 19, 2010
Pros: good quality photos, feels rugged in your hands, easy to operate
Cons: took in the water with me (after following waterproof instructions) and it filled with water.
Summary: do not buy this camera until it is actually waterproof as advertised.
Summary: do not buy this camera until it is actually waterproof as advertised.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Camera worked great for 3 days, then useless..
by Could_have on April 13, 2010
Pros: Good little camera, able to use underwater, lots of scene shots to play with
Cons: Brought camera for trip to Mexico, 3rd day in Mexico the lens started to get condensation inside, this is while camera is in pocket, pictures then all fogged out,needed to open up all compartments and let dry in sun, good for a few more shots
Summary: Camera appears to be built for the desert or dry climate areas, not for vacations to the oceans, then once panasonic was contacted, they would not do anything without a ...
Summary: Camera appears to be built for the desert or dry climate areas, not for vacations to the oceans, then once panasonic was contacted, they would not do anything without a bill of sale,so it appears the company does not stand behind there name. Would not recomend this camera to anyone going on vacation, as you shell out good money for the trip and you will only be disappointed by the camera not be able to capture the moments. This will be the last time I will buy anything that is made by PANASONIC as they do not stand by there Product. PS had camera for only 8 days so far, will use it in a tacklebox,maybe it can use it to catch fish now,as it is still a sharpe looking unit. But I would not recommend this camera to anyone who has any high hopes of getting a LITTLE bit of QUALITY for your dollar..All so the customer service does not call back as promised, they refer to their supervision but would not let you talk to them, instead they will return your call. So kudus to them for figuring out how to deal with their warranty claims. Also they required a bill of sale to prove it is what a camera, I responded that the last time I brought in my car for warranty work I did not have to bring in a bill of sale, so why should I have to produce a bill of sale for a camera, do they not stand behind their product. So now it is a principle thing I would not give them a bill of sale cause they do not need to know how or where I brought the camera, what they should concern themselves with is it is their camera, it has a serial number on it, and if that is not good enough to them for their warranty to stand behind then one must think about buying something from them...
2 out of 6 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: DMC-TS2A
- Description: With its enhanced toughness, The Lumix TS2 features an airtight body protected against water immersion, dust and sand. The model is waterproof to a depth of 33 feet and dustproof, which can be attributed to its rubber padding and reinforced glass and carbon inside the camera. The Lumix TS2 is shockproof, encased with shock-resistant material, and its folded optics design protects its lens when dropped during operation. Furthermore, the lens unit is protected by a supplementary damper to absorb the force from shock impact. Also, all components including the lens unit, have been tested to endure temperatures as low as 14°F. For increased durability, the Panasonic Lumix TS2 will come with an optional silicon jacket that helps protect its exterior from scratches. The Panasonic Lumix TS2 features image processing technology, Intelligent Resolution, which is incorporated in its Venus Engine HD II. With Intelligent Resolution technology, three areas - outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation – are examined pixel by pixel and automatically detected to enhance any degradation created during the digital zoom process or in high-sensitivity shooting, when details in an image tend to get lost in the noise reduction process. The outline areas are enhanced effectively to give the edges more clarity, while simultaneously giving a moderate accent to the textured areas so it looks accurately detailed. To the soft gradation area, such as a face, the increased noise reduction system of the Venus Engine HD II is applied to make it smoother. As a result of Intelligent Resolution, images are naturally clear and crisp in both photo and video recording. The Intelligent Resolution technology powers Panasonic's intelligent zoom feature, which extends the camera's zoom ratio while maintaining the picture quality - and enhancing the digital zoom and making it comparable to the quality of an optical zoom. Thus, with intelligent zoom, the Panasonic TS2 features a total zoom up to 6x. The Lumix TS2 features a 28mm wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO ELMAR lens that extends to a 4.6x optical zoom, giving consumers great shooting range. The wide-angle lens provides flexibility for all shooting scenarios, especially useful underwater where movement is often restricted and the shooting angle becomes important for composing shots. The Lumix TS2 features a 2.7-inch, 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD with a wide-viewing angle that ensures high visibility during recording and playback, thanks to its automatic brightness control depending on the lighting conditions. Also, the Lumix TS2 features a built-in LED light, which is extremely convenient when shooting in dark situations, such as underwater. The Lumix TS2 can record HD video in motion JPEG and AVCHD Lite- with the latter format almost doubling the recording time in HD quality compared with the Motion JPEG format. To complement the HD video capabilities, the Panasonic Lumix TS2 features Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, which enables high quality audio.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Blue
- Resolution 14.1 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 14,500,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 14,100,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.33"
- Optical Zoom 4.6 x
- Digital Zoom 4 x
- Image Stabilizer Optical (POWER O.I.S.)
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty 11
- Digital Video Format QuickTime,
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces HDMI,
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO auto (1600-6400),
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Candle,
- Special Effects Cool,
Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
- Max Shutter Speed 1/1300 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 60 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Auto Exposure Bracketing 3 steps
- Type Leica 4.6 x x Zoom lens - 4.9 mm - 22.8 mm - F/3.3-5.9
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 28 - 128 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 11.8 in
- Macro Focus Range 2 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Lens Construction 8 groups / 10 elements
- Features Aspherical lens,
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Features AF illuminator
- Effective Flash Range 1 ft - 16.7 ft
- Continuous Shooting Speed 10 frames per second,
6 frames per second,
1.8 frames per second
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
Scene Detection Technology,
In-camera red-eye removal,
Resizing an image,
Cropping an image,
Llight Detection technology,
Auto Backlight Compensation,
720p HD movie recording,
RGB primary color filter,
Text input to Exif header,
Motion Detection Technology,
Digital noise reduction,
Dolby Digital AC-3 (2 channel) recording,
Face Detection AF/AE,
Automatic display brightness adjustment,
Intelligent Scene Selector,
Camera orientation detection,
Built-in help guide,
USB 2.0 compatibility,
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2.7 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Mono
- Microphone Features Wind noise reduction
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output,
1 x DC power input,
1 x HDMI output
- Software Panasonic PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.0 HD Edition,
Drivers & Utilities
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Included Accessories Battery charger,
Audio / video cable
- Protection Dust resistant,
- Underwater Depth Up to 30ft
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 940 mAh ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- RAM Installed 40 MB
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SDHC Memory Card,
SD Memory Card,
SDXC Memory Card
- Video Capture MPEG - 640 x 480,
MPEG - 320 x 240,
MPEG - 848 x 480,
MPEG - 1280 x 720,
AVCHD Lite - 1280 x 720
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 3.9 in
- Depth 0.9 in
- Height 2.5 in
- Weight 5.9 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 14 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
Optical (POWER O.I.S.)
Optical (POWER O.I.S.)