Samsung DV150F Dual-View (Black)
Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: EC-DV150FBPBUS
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Dell Home and Home Office|| || In stock |
Free Shipping on all Orders!
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/22/2014
|What you need. What you need to know.|| || In stock || |
as of 08/22/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 08/22/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $97.99 - $149.99
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 02/25/2013
The good: The Samsung DV150F Dual-View Smart Camera is made for photo sharing, with excellent built-in Wi-Fi features and two screens to make taking self-portraits easy.
The bad: The DV150F's photo quality is just a notch above an average smartphone camera's, and its shooting performance is a bit too slow for active kids and pets, especially indoors. Digital image stabilization only.
The bottom line: With dual LCDs and built-in Wi-Fi, Samsung's DV150F Dual-View Smart Camera is an inexpensive problem-solver for those who like to shoot and share.
Good point-and-shoot with Wifi But...
by Donald_Bower on November 19, 2013
Pros: See in summary
Cons: See in summary
Summary: The DV150F is a 16 megapixel "point and shoot" camera that has wifi connection, front and back LCD displays and is basically designed for picture sharing and "selfies." So, is ...
Summary: The DV150F is a 16 megapixel "point and shoot" camera that has wifi connection, front and back LCD displays and is basically designed for picture sharing and "selfies." So, is this actually better than your phone camera, because some of the smartphones have fairly good cameras. Is this worth having?Edit:
BETTER THAN A PHONECAM?
Pros --better than your phonecam?
Optical Zoom lens
Potentially better low light pictures
Battery life (the lithium ion battery has a long life; your phone may be run down at any particular time.)
Can be used when your phone must be turned off. (Of course, then you can be the annoying guy flashing during the concert, instead of the annoying guy flashing AND beeping and texting during the concert.)
It has a self timer that integrates with your smartphone, letting you use the phone as a remote trigger to take remote control of the camera (group shots with the photographer included)
Do you really need to carry another electronic gadget? If you just need an emergency cam, and your phone is up and running reliably, maybe the phone is all you really need.
Bright light situations: this is no better than a phone screen when it's bright out--there's no viewfinder on this camera.
As a camera, this is a reasonable budget choice at the sale price. You get high resolution, optical zoom (the lens moves out to take telephoto pictures.)
You get a front and back LCD screen (hello, Selfie.)
Takes one lithium ion battery.
Takes microSD memory cards, not the standard larger format SD cards found in most cameras. (But your phone probably takes a microSD.) To load into your computer, you need an adapter to hold the little chip, though you can also connect via a microplug USB cable, which is probably how you would interface with a PC or tablet, assuming you're not uploading via Wifi.
There is Wifi connectivity for instant sending to phones or a Cloud-sharing internet application. To get Wifi on a DSLR (the more advanced interchangeable lens type camera) you have to spend quite a bit.
You also get the ability to do MPEG movies.
The controls are a directional pad on the back, simple to use. For example, switching to macro (close ups of flowers, insects) is accessed through the directional pad and is intuitive.
Lens is fast (wide open) at f2.5 --you will have opportunity for low light situations.
But it can be slow to start up, slow to process between shots, so if speed is of the essence, you need to find another choice.
After 400 ISO (the speed of the digital "film") the pictures get grainy and noisy. So really, for low, low light, this is not a good choice without a flash and of course, the flash on this type of camera will not light up a stadium, or even a long hallway.
The lens isn't particularly sharp and you are limited to 5X zoom.
As a pocket camera, at this price, it's pretty decent,especially considering the Wifi features. For low light situations, you'd be better off with a different choice of camera. As ever you get what you pay for. In this case. the Wifi connectivity is a big plus as are the dual screens, so for a point-and-shoot-communicate camera, not a bad deal at all. If you need higher quality pics and speed, this isn't a good choice.
Advice: check for buy best price at: Cameraprove.blogspot.com/p/samsung-dv150f.html
Hope it help you.
Updated on Jan 1, 2014
I suggest to check for buy best price at: cameradigit.wordpress.com/samsung-dv150f/
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: EC-DV150FBPBUS
- Description: The Samsung SMART CAMERA captures and conveniently shares images worthy of showing. Use the 38mm LCD on the front of the camera to line up the perfect shot of you and your friends, and then upload them to Facebook, Picasa, Photobucket directly from the camera. Send your images directly to your smartphone and tablet using Samsung Mobile Link or manage them with your PC using Auto backup. Fun features such as Motion Photo and Split Shot let you create and share fun, artful images and videos in a snap.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Cobalt black
- Resolution 16.2 megapixels
- 3D Technology Yes
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 16,600,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 16,200,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.3"
- Wireless Connection Wireless LAN
- Optical Zoom 5 x
- Digital Zoom 5 x
- Image Stabilizer Electronic
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- AE/AF Control Subject-tracking AF,
- Face Detection Face Detection AF/AE
- Digital Video Format H.264
- Image Recording Format JPEG,
- Max Video Resolution 1280 x 720
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 3200,
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Night snapshot,
- Special Effects Sketch,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
Fluorescent light (warm white),
Fluorescent light (cool white)
- Max Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 16 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type 5 x,
Zoom lens - 4.5 mm - 22.5 mm - F/2.5-6.3
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 25 - 125 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 31.5 in
- Macro Focus Range 2 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Features Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Effective Flash Range 7.9 in - 13.4 ft ( Wide lens ),
1.6 ft - 4.6 ft ( Tele lens )
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Dual LCD screens,
Remote live view,
In-camera red-eye fix,
Photo album function,
GPS via mobile,
Exif Print support,
720p HD movie recording,
Sound Alive technology,
YouTube capture mode,
Live Panorama function,
In-camera movie editing,
USB 2.0 compatibility,
- Type 2.7 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Mono
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output
- Software Samsung Intelli Studio,
Drivers & Utilities
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows 7,
MS Windows XP SP2,
MS Windows Vista
- Peripheral Devices USB port
- Body Material Metal
- Supported Battery Samsung BP-70A
- Supported Battery 1 x Samsung BP-70A Li-ion rechargeable battery ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- Memory Card Slot microSD card
- Supported Memory Cards microSD Card,
- Max Supported Size 64 GB
- Image Storage JPEG 4608 x 3456,
JPEG 4608 x 3072,
JPEG 4608 x 2592,
JPEG 3648 x 2736,
JPEG 2592 x 1944,
JPEG 1984 x 1488,
JPEG 1920 x 1080,
JPEG 1024 x 768
- Video Capture H.264 - 1280 x 720,
H.264 - 1280 x 720,
H.264 - 640 x 480
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 3.8 in
- Depth 0.7 in
- Height 2.2 in
- Weight 4.1 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 5 - 85%
Specs: Compact DualView,
Specs: Compact DualView,
Specs: Compact DualView,