Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: HZ35W
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/24/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $388.78
- Reviewed by: Joshua Goldman
- Reviewed on: 07/11/2010
The good: Overall good features, design, performance, and photos for its price.
The bad: Mediocre low-light photos; confusing GPS setup; using ASM mode is a pain.
The bottom line: Samsung's HZ35W is pretty much an across-the-board improvement from its predecessor resulting in a GPS-enabled compact megazoom worth considering.
Support and website are abysmal
by bradleydad on July 20, 2010
Pros: A great camera for long telephoto shots without tripod.
Cons: GPS function unsupported. (No instructions, necessary downloads and instruction pages mostly does not work.) Tech support says the feature is only available for Europe.
Summary: This camera could be OK if Samsung would either support the GPS feature or dropped it. The HZ30W without GPS is a great camera and is available for $100 less....
Summary: This camera could be OK if Samsung would either support the GPS feature or dropped it. The HZ30W without GPS is a great camera and is available for $100 less.The GPS feature cannot be used. It is not possible to download the necessary maps.
There is a download on samsungimaging.com for the US but no instructions. The instructions (and downloads) are supposed to be on samsung.com, but most of the time the "downloads" page does not, or with IE 8, causes the application to crash. If you can get to the instructions, they don't make much sense.
"Connect your camera to your PC, and then press the power button, your camera will connect automatically.
Note: In order for the maps to transfer correctly an external memory card (micro SD) MUST be inserted into your camera. (micro SD?)
After your camera is connected to your computer, highlight both the files you just downloaded, right click and select copy.
Click the start button on your computer located in the bottom left corner, and then click the computer or my computer option. The computer window appears.
Double click the removable disk drive in the computer window. The removable disk drive appears.
Note: The drive letter associated with the removable disk may be different depending on your system.
Right click on any open area within the removable disk window and select paste. The files will automatically save to your camera?s external memory."
Updated on Jul 20, 2010
When trying to load the map download page the error is "The connection has timed out" on several browsers, platforms and networks.
When the camera is connected to a PC, only a Database folder appears, the city and mapview files are not displayed.
There is a mapfile available on samsungimaging.com, but there it is just a bunch of files with no way to use them.
Don't waste your money on this camera for the GPS.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
All in one with a catch!
by mattskee on August 5, 2010
Pros: Great zoom, great video, great pictures with low ISO.
Cons: Low light pictures are HORRIBLE!!! Wish they had focused on the ISO sensativity. If they had it would be a fantastic camera. The flash works ok, but doesnt supply enough to compensate the ISO issues.
Summary: Outdoor pictures of anything are great. Vivid colors for anything you take pics of. But do not expect good indoor pics unless there is a lot of light. I love ...
Summary: Outdoor pictures of anything are great. Vivid colors for anything you take pics of. But do not expect good indoor pics unless there is a lot of light. I love the camera. But for me it is to stick in the pocket for when I go out with the family instead of lugging around my SLR. It is a trade off at the end of the day. You get zoom at a sacrifice for ISO sensitivity.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: HZ35W
- Description: With a 24mm ultra-wide angle lens and 15X Super-zoom, capture the whole world and bring it closer to you. With built-in GPS map-viewer, you will also now know where in the world you are, when you take a picture, and 12 Megapixels complemented by an AMOLED display make pictures clearer to see even under direct sunlight.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Gray
- Resolution 12.1 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 14,000,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 12,100,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.3"
- Optical Zoom 15 x
- Digital Zoom 5 x
- Image Stabilizer Optical
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Digital Video Format H.264
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces HDMI,
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 3200,
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Snow,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
Fluorescent light (daylight),
Fluorescent light (cool white)
- Max Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 16 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type Schneider-Kreuznach 15 x x Zoom lens - 3.9 mm - 58.5 mm - F/3.2-5.8
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 24 - 360 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 31.5 in
- Macro Focus Range 1 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Features Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Effective Flash Range 1 ft - 16.4 ft
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Recycle Bin function,
In-camera red-eye fix,
Photo album function,
Blink Detection technology,
Smile Detection technology,
Exif Print support,
720p HD movie recording,
Auto Contrast Balance (ACB),
Dual image stabilization,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 3 in AMOLED display
- Display Features Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Stereo
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output,
1 x HDMI,
1 x DC power input
- Software Samsung Intelli Studio,
Drivers & Utilities
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
Apple Mac OS X 10.3 or later,
MS Windows Vista
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Included Accessories Carrying strap,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery Samsung SLB-11A
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1130 mAh ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SDHC Memory Card,
SD Memory Card
- Image Storage JPEG 4000 x 3000,
JPEG 3984 x 2656,
JPEG 3840 x 2160,
JPEG 3264 x 2448,
JPEG 2560 x 1920,
JPEG 2048 x 1536,
JPEG 1920 x 1080,
JPEG 1024 x 768
- Video Capture H.264 - 1280 x 720,
H.264 - 1280 x 720,
H.264 - 640 x 480,
H.264 - 640 x 480,
H.264 - 320 x 240,
H.264 - 320 x 240,
H.264 - 320 x 240
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 4.2 in
- Depth 1.1 in
- Height 2.4 in
- Weight 7.5 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Image stabilizer feature Optical stabilization helps prevent blurry pictures, especially for handheld cameras at slow shutter speeds or when using high optical zoom.