Samsung L200 (Black)
Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: EC-L200ZBBA/US
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.5 stars out of 3 reviews
- Enjoy high-quality photos with an amazing 10.2 megapixel digital camera. Taking beautiful photos is a snap with the Samsung L200 and the photo help guide which instructs you every step of the way. Plus, with digital image stabilization, images are crisp, clear, and free from blur. The L200 is easy-to-use and easy-to-enjoy no matter where you're capturing images.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/23/2014
Great reliable camera which takes excellent photos
by nblondy2004 on December 17, 2008
Pros: It's convenient and easy to use. On screen help menus even include practice programs! Image quality is Excellent.
Cons: Its SDHC compatible but when you use SDHC media you occasionaly get file errors instead of pictures. This doesn't happen when using regular SD.
Summary: I've been working in a camera shop for nearly a year and though I've only owned this camera for a month, I know it's incredibly reliable. This ...
Summary: I've been working in a camera shop for nearly a year and though I've only owned this camera for a month, I know it's incredibly reliable. This camera has great construction. I've thrown it in my purse without a case many times and still no scratches and it works just the same as the day I bought it. A bottle of nail polish doesn't hold up that well in my purse and those things are tough. As far as customers with Samsung cameras go: several (including children) have owned them for years without any issues, new buyers are always happy and come back to thank me for the recommendation (Fuji and Samsung are the only low end to mid range ones I push), and the only time I've ever seen a broken Samsung was when a girl's hairspray exploded in her travel bag and leaked into the camera.
The zoom is adequate for everyday people snapping, but not spectacular. Though it is about average at 3X optical for the price range (normal $150 at my store I payed $69 the day after Thanks Giving at a Wal*mart). Poster size prints look great with this camera using the full 10.2 effective megapixels. You can adjust from 10.2MP all the way down to 1MP but I really don't see the point in taking a lower quality image than your camera can produce.
It isn't jam packed with a ton of in camera editing features like a Canon, but you also don't have to worry about the screen going out like you would with a Canon. You still get the basics; red eye removal, face detection, image stabilization, a few coloring effects, in camera cropping, adjustable shutter speed from 8 seconds down to 1/1500, ISO to 1600, voice recording, surprisingly high quality video, on screen help menus for correcting picture quality that include practice runs, and more.
Start up time is really quick compared to a lot of cameras I've handled.
I really, really, really wish it had more optical zoom, but for what I payed and the quality and reliability of this camera, I really shouldn't complain about it...that's what my Fuji sd1000 is for.
Battery life is pretty good. I take at least 60 pictures(95% with flash) a day and only need to recharge once, maybe twice a week. It comes with a wall charger or you can charge via USB.
My one complaint is that, though it claims to be SDHC compatible, it doesn't perform as well with my SanDisk 4GB SDHC card. The occasional file error can be quite irritating when trying to review pictures in camera. I just load the image into Photoshop for recovery. It is possible that it's just the card, I've only used one SDHC card with, but will try another soon to see if it is a card issue. It works just fine with a normal SD card.
Samsung customer service is a dream compared to Kodak's. Their website is a great place to get further help with advancing your photography skills and check out the work of pros and advanced amateurs, even to display your own works.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Excellent Small inexpensivel Camera!!
by remermn on April 14, 2009
Pros: Purchased this camera to replace a Nikon coolpix 4.0 mp. Wow!! it's hard to believe how much better this samsung camera is compared to the nikon.. It takes great pictures. another bonus is the rechargeable battery. Pictures are clear and crisp.
Cons: The only one I can think of is the top round settings dial can sometimes move off of the auto setting while getting jostled in a camera case.
Summary: Good Value for the dollar you won't be disappointed!!!!
Summary: Good Value for the dollar you won't be disappointed!!!!
Great Little Camera
by four_grays on December 25, 2008
Pros: Small Size, battery life is great. Takes a good picture and good movies for such a little camera.
Cons: none that I have found so far
Summary: For the price this is a great pocket camera. I have taken almost 30 pictures (with flash) and shot about 25 minutes of video and the battery is still full. ...
Summary: For the price this is a great pocket camera. I have taken almost 30 pictures (with flash) and shot about 25 minutes of video and the battery is still full. Video quality is more that I expected.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: EC-L200ZBBA/US
- Description: Enjoy high-quality photos with an amazing 10.2 megapixel digital camera. Taking beautiful photos is a snap with the Samsung L200 and the photo help guide which instructs you every step of the way. Plus, with digital image stabilization, images are crisp, clear, and free from blur. The L200 is easy-to-use and easy-to-enjoy no matter where you're capturing images.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Black
- Resolution 10.2 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CCD
- Total Pixels 10,300,000 pixels
- Effective Sensor Resolution 10,200,000 pixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.33"
- Optical Zoom 3 x
- Digital Zoom 5 x
- Image Stabilizer Optical
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Digital Video Format MPEG-4,
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 1600,
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Sunset,
- Special Effects Negative,
Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Daylight,
Fluorescent light (daylight),
Fluorescent light (cool white)
- Max Shutter Speed 1/1500 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 8 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Auto Exposure Bracketing 3 steps
- Type 3 x x Zoom lens - 6.2 mm - 18.6 mm - F/2.8-5.2
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera 34 - 102 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Min Focus Range 31.5 in
- Macro Focus Range 2 in
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Features Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode,
Flash OFF mode,
- Effective Flash Range 7.9 in - 15.4 ft
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
In-camera red-eye fix,
Resizing an image,
Auto Contrast Balance (ACB),
Automatic display brightness adjustment,
Digital image stabilization (video mode),
Dual image stabilization,
Built-in help guide,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Viewfinder Type None
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Microphone Operation Mode Mono
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output
- Software Samsung Master,
Drivers & Utilities
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows 98 SE,
MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
MS Windows ME,
Apple Mac OS 9.0 - X 10.4,
MS Windows Vista
- Peripheral Devices USB port,
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Included Accessories Carrying strap,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1050 mAh ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Supported Memory Cards SDHC Memory Card,
SD Memory Card,
- Internal Storage 10 MB Flash
- Included Memory Card 10 MB
- Image Storage JPEG 3648 x 2736,
JPEG 3648 x 2432,
JPEG 3648 x 2052,
JPEG 3072 x 2304,
JPEG 3264 x 2448,
JPEG 2048 x 1536,
JPEG 1024 x 768
- Video Capture MPEG-4 - 800 x 592,
MPEG-4 - 640 x 480,
MPEG-4 - 640 x 480,
MPEG-4 - 320 x 240,
MPEG-4 - 320 x 240
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 3.5 in
- Depth 0.8 in
- Height 2.2 in
- Weight 4 oz
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Image stabilizer feature Optical stabilization helps prevent blurry pictures, especially for handheld cameras at slow shutter speeds or when using high optical zoom.