Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W120 (Black)
Manufacturer: Sony Part number: DSC-W120BLK
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/18/2013Refurbished
| || In stock || |
as of 05/17/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $279.40 - $399.00
- Reviewed by: Will Greenwald
- Reviewed on: 03/08/2008
The good: Good picture quality; quick performance; broad feature set.
The bad: Small buttons; misses many on-board editing options other models have.
The bottom line: It's not as feature-laden as higher-end models, but the Cyber-shot W120 offers plenty of style and substance for the price.
You can't go wrong by buying a DSC-W120
by slemaire195 on May 24, 2008
Pros: Great photo quality, Excellent audio capture in videos, quick response to shutter press
Cons: Auto Focus sometimes has trouble in dark (night time) settings.
Summary: I am very satisfied with my purchase. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W120 has everything the normal consumer needs. The only feature I found it lacks is the ability to manually set ...
Summary: I am very satisfied with my purchase. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W120 has everything the normal consumer needs. The only feature I found it lacks is the ability to manually set a shutter speed for night time shots. If you can live without that, you will be happy with it.
It literally takes under one second to autofocus 99% of the time, and rarely does it take more than 2. I can snap pictures much faster on this camera than I have on my previous cameras (the Samsung NV3 was my last one).
The video recording is pretty nice, and the audio it records is incredible. While in a club with loud bass, most digital cameras record warbled garbage. If you ever record in a loud area, you'll love the DSC-W120. It recorded surprisingly well at a nightclub.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Good Camera for its size
by MOOnituh on May 17, 2010
Pros: Vivid colors, lightweight, small.
Cons: BAD video quality
Summary: The color is amzing! it's so bright and very vivid. It is super steady (only with flash) me and my friends tried to take blurry pictures with flash on. ...
Summary: The color is amzing! it's so bright and very vivid. It is super steady (only with flash) me and my friends tried to take blurry pictures with flash on. It was impossible. Without flash though, one slight handmovement made it blurred. I get compliments on the picture quality all the time! The screen is a good size. First time I saw it, I didn't like the buttons, but after an hour of holding it, it felt better, but i have small fingers. If your fingers are bigger, you might not like it. Super lightweight. I can stick it in my jean pocket. Plus i got it for only 119 (refurbished, no scratch and came with everything) at microcenter.
The cons is the video. I really don't like the video. It is very pixeled. It looks awful, people's faces look weird, And while recording, you can't zoom in and out. If you have it zoomed in already, you can't change it. So when taping performances you can't zoom in on a person. I really hate that about it. Sometimes I have to carry a camera and a camcorder. It is really bad. But it sounds good, not excellent, but good. and the focus gets weird while recording sometimes. Like it will be clear then everything gets out of focus. Gets me frustrated. And I forget that I can't zoom, but I try to zoom anyways so when you go back to view the video you hear the clicking noise, whih is annoying
The end: Verrrrry good pictures. Horrible video!
Worst camera I have ever owned
by Giblet203 on March 25, 2010
Pros: It takes great pictures when it works
Cons: There is ALWAYS something wrong with it
Summary: I would NEVER recommend this camera. Some days it works, some days it won't let me access my pictures, and now when I turn it on the little viewer ...
Summary: I would NEVER recommend this camera. Some days it works, some days it won't let me access my pictures, and now when I turn it on the little viewer thing that should pop out starts going crazy. I am so sick of dealing with this horrible camera. DO NOT BUY IT!
Great Camera, "BUT" be "VERY CAREFUL" with it!
by abw_assoc on December 17, 2009
Pros: The camera is great, a wonderful product; especially when used in conjunction with any other Sony product.
Cons: Must be very wary of handling.
Summary: I used to work for a major retailer, they received returns of the Sony Cybershot W-Series line. The major issue being the camera would power on inside a bag or ...
Summary: I used to work for a major retailer, they received returns of the Sony Cybershot W-Series line. The major issue being the camera would power on inside a bag or a pocket. The lens would jam. NOW! the camera is useless. 50/50 chance of repair.
Sent back for warranty twice.
by BJLong on March 31, 2009
Pros: My daughter really loves to take pictures and movies with camera. Quality of pictures are good. Has enough features that she needs.
Cons: The lens opening mechanism crapped out for the second time. Still under 1 year warranty for repair. What happens when the warranty runs out? Buy a new camera since from I can tell it costs a fortune to get repairs out of warranty.
Summary: Thought that Sony built better products. My daughter has taken good care of the camera so we're surprised that it is breaking down so soon. Hey Sony, how about ...
Summary: Thought that Sony built better products. My daughter has taken good care of the camera so we're surprised that it is breaking down so soon. Hey Sony, how about a new one!
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: DSC-W120BLK
- Description: With Sony’s Smile ShutterTM technology, the DSC-W120 captures smiles automatically as they happen and lets you share them beautifully in High Definition . You can expect stunning detail thanks to its 7.2 megapixel resolution, optical image stabilization, Carl Zeiss 4x optical zoom lens. Sony’s Face Detection technology controls focus, exposure, and color on up to eight individual faces, resulting in more accurate, natural skin tones. Whether displayed on the 2.5" LCD screen or your HDTV , the DSC-W120 conveys your vision with precision and style.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Black
- Resolution 7.2 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type Super HAD CCD
- Effective Sensor Resolution 7.2 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5"
- Optical Zoom 4 x
- Digital Zoom 2 x
- Image Processor BIONZ
- Image Stabilizer Optical (Steady Shot)
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty 9
- Digital Video Format MPEG VX
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 3200,
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Soft snap,
- Special Effects Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Incandescent,
Fluorescent light (daylight),
Fluorescent light (warm white),
Fluorescent light (cool white),
- Max Shutter Speed 1/1600 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 1 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type Carl Zeiss 4 x x Zoom lens - 5.35 mm - 21.4 mm - F/2.8-5.8
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Lens Construction 5 groups / 6 elements
- Features Aspherical lens,
Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Slow synchro,
Flash OFF mode
- Features AF illuminator
- Effective Flash Range 7.9 in - 13 ft
- Continuous Shooting Speed 1.5 frames per second
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Built-in speaker,
Auto power save,
Digital noise reduction,
USB 2.0 compatibility
- Viewfinder Type Optical - Real-image zoom
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output
- Software Drivers & Utilities,
Sony Picture Motion Browser
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows ME,
MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
Apple Mac OS 9.1,
Apple Mac OS 9.2,
Apple Mac OS X 10.0 - 10.4
- Included Accessories Battery charger,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery Sony NP-BG1
- Supported Battery 1 x Sony NP-BG1 Li-ion rechargeable battery - 960 mAh ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- RAM Installed 15 MB
- Memory Card Slot Memory Stick PRO Duo card
- Supported Memory Cards Memory Stick Duo,
Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Internal Storage None
- Included Memory Card 15 MB Integrated
- Video Capture MPEG - 640 x 480,
MPEG - 640 x 480,
MPEG - 320 x 240
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 3.6 in
- Depth 0.9 in
- Height 2.3 in
- Weight 4.4 oz
- Image stabilizer feature Optical stabilization helps prevent blurry pictures, especially for handheld cameras at slow shutter speeds or when using high optical zoom. This camera utilizes built-in Super SteadyShot stabilization to assist in taking sharper pictures.
Super HAD CCD,
Optical (Steady Shot)
Super HAD CCD,
Optical (Steady Shot)
Super HAD CCD,
Optical (Steady Shot)