Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W130 (Silver)
Manufacturer: Sony Part number: DSC-W130/S
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/30/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $209.99
- Reviewed by: Will Greenwald
- Reviewed on: 02/21/2008
The good: Fast shutter; slightly longer-than-normal lens; handy on-camera editing and slide show functions
The bad: Softening around edges; noisy at ISO 800 and higher
The bottom line: The W130's quick performance and decent image quality make it a solid follow-up to the W90, and a good choice for a pocket point-and-shoot camera.
Excellent Point & Shoot!
by JmaxJpeg on May 15, 2008
Pros: Good photo quality; compact & well-built.
Cons: Limited manual controls - as expected.
Summary: I bought the DSC-W130 for its compact size, build quality, and good photo results. When I don't want to lug around my dSLR, I can easily carry the W130. ...
Summary: I bought the DSC-W130 for its compact size, build quality, and good photo results. When I don't want to lug around my dSLR, I can easily carry the W130. It's always with me. (Sony offers a variety of cases and pouches.) Granted, it's not equal to a dSLR in photo quality, but for an 8 mega-pixel point and shoot, it produces very good photos up to 8x10, including a little internal cropping. While manual controls are limited, it does have a wealth of scene modes and presets that make quick grab-shots all the easier. I particularly appreciate the optical view finder. It's a bit small, but that's better than none at all. Battery life is much better than I expected. And I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the videos it produces (MPEG1 - which are easily edited). It won't replace you video camera, but the quality is good none-the-less. I've been taking pictures for 40+ years, and for me this is a great second camera that I can easily carry and for getting those quick shots when they pop up unexpectedly. It's also a great all around camera for inexperienced users (like my wife), with great point and shoot simplicity. The CNET review was right on target regarding its specifications, limitations, and capabilities. Top notch photos, great quality, and a decent price. In my book - highly recommended!Updated
Here is a sample of one of my pictures taken with the W130. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmaxjpeg/2486531048/
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Perfect ! loved it.
by ruchit47 on July 28, 2010
Pros: When i bought it i thought its little costly than others, but it is worth. Excellent images.
Macro Focus is excellent. and Battery life is good.
Cons: the menu dial is very sensitive... It changes the mode on even if u touch dial little bit while taking pic. (in my case)
by clem_cowsie on January 16, 2009
Pros: Easy-to-use tactile controls. (I have small fingers.) Sharp, steady images, even with my 7.2 megapixel version. Face recognition is generally accurate.
Cons: Grainy images when shooting with lots of zoom. When it's dark or when something is too close to the camera, an orange light shines in its face. Sound on video recordings is scratchy, but this isn't a big problem.
Summary: I love this camera. It has a solid feel to it and images are crisp and clean when shooting in areas with adequate lighting. Take note, though, that when you'...
Summary: I love this camera. It has a solid feel to it and images are crisp and clean when shooting in areas with adequate lighting. Take note, though, that when you're viewing photos and a video recording shows up, you have no way of knowing it's a video until you press the middle button of the lower circle, which upon the video starts playing. Otherwise, it does nothing.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: DSC-W130/S
- Description: Get is all from one powerful point and shoot. The DSC-W130 Cyber-shot digital camera delivers Smile Shutter technology for automatically capturing smiles as they happen and lets you share them beautifully in HD. You can expect stunning detail, thanks to 8.1 megapixel resolution and a Carl Zeiss 5x optical zoom lens. Plus, Sony's Face Detection technology controls focus, exposure, and color on up to eight individual faces, resulting in more accurate, natural skin tones. Whether displayed on the 2.5" LCD screen or your HDTV, the DSC-W130 conveys your vision with precision and style.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Digital camera - Compact
- Enclosure Color Silver
- Resolution 8.1 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type Super HAD CCD
- Effective Sensor Resolution 8.1 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5"
- Optical Zoom 4 x
- Digital Zoom 2 x
- Image Stabilizer Optical (Super Steady Shot)
- Auto Focus TTL contrast detection
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) Qty 9
- Digital Video Format MPEG VX
- Image Recording Format JPEG
- AV Interfaces Composite video/audio
Exposure & White Balance
- Light Sensitivity ISO 3200,
- Exposure Metering Multi-segment,
- Exposure Modes Program,
- Shooting Programs Soft snap,
- Special Effects Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- White Balance Presets Incandescent,
Fluorescent light (daylight),
Fluorescent light (warm white),
Fluorescent light (cool white),
- Max Shutter Speed 1/1600 sec
- Min Shutter Speed 1 sec
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Type Carl Zeiss 4 x x Zoom lens - 5.35 mm - 21.4 mm - F/2.8-5.8
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Zoom Adjustment Motorized drive
- Lens Construction 5 groups / 6 elements
- Features Aspherical lens,
Built-in lens shield
- Camera Flash Built-in flash
- Flash Modes Slow synchro,
Flash OFF mode,
- Features AF illuminator
- Effective Flash Range 7.9 in - 13 ft
- Continuous Shooting Speed 2 frames per second
- Self Timer Delay 2 sec,
- Additional Features Digital image rotation,
In-camera red-eye removal,
PRINT Image Matching,
Auto power save,
Digital noise reduction,
Camera orientation detection,
USB 2.0 compatibility,
- Viewfinder Type Optical - Real-image zoom
- Viewfinder Color Support Color
- Type 2.5 in LCD display
- Display Features Built-in
- Connector Type 1 x USB,
1 x Composite video/audio output
- Software Drivers & Utilities,
Sony Picture Motion Browser
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System Support MS Windows ME,
MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
Apple Mac OS 9.1,
Apple Mac OS 9.2,
Apple Mac OS X 10.0 - 10.4
- Included Accessories Battery charger,
Audio / video cable
- Supported Battery Sony NP-BG1
- Supported Battery 1 x Sony NP-BG1 Li-ion rechargeable battery - 960 mAh ( Included )
Memory / Storage
- RAM Installed 15 MB
- Memory Card Slot Memory Stick PRO Duo card
- Supported Memory Cards Memory Stick Duo,
Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Internal Storage None
- Included Memory Card 15 MB Integrated
- Image Storage 3264 x 2448,
2592 x 1944,
2048 x 1536,
640 x 480,
1920 x 1080,
3264 x 2176
- Video Capture MPEG - 640 x 480,
MPEG - 640 x 480,
MPEG - 320 x 240
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 3.5 in
- Depth 0.9 in
- Height 2.2 in
- Weight 4.3 oz
- Image stabilizer feature Optical stabilization helps prevent blurry pictures, especially for handheld cameras at slow shutter speeds or when using high optical zoom. This camera utilizes built-in Super SteadyShot stabilization to assist in taking sharper pictures.