Manufacturer: Cisco Part number: WMA11B
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/27/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $44.95
- Reviewed by: Brian Nadel and Brian Nadel
- Reviewed on: 07/29/2003
- Released on: 07/15/2003
The good: Good audio and graphics quality; easy setup; intuitive onscreen menu; includes audio and video cables.
The bad: Can’t handle video, Internet radio, or audio CDs; requires Windows XP and .Net framework; hogs host PC’s resources; incompatible with firewall; meager one-year warranty.
The bottom line: The Linksys Wireless-B media adapter does a good job of letting media hounds beam MP3s to their stereo or digital pictures to their TV, but it's pricey considering what it still lacks.
The WBMA is a sweet little tool
Pros: Allows me to access my 18GB music collection and 2GB photo selection (on my computer downstairs)quickly and with ease from my stereo and TV upstairs--especially during those spontaneous moments when the urge to hear a particular tune or album strikes. All
Cons: Can't rip a CD (Neoaudio) and play via the adapter at the same time without some distortion. TV graphics during music play are functional though rather boring (Visualizations as a firmware upgrade down the road?) The remote isn't as powerful as I'd like i
Great idea and product...but buggy
Pros: Incredible break through for anyone with a large music collection. Mine is on CD and this enabled me to play my music very easily as i now have my entire collection ripped to disk.
Cons: Does not like WMAs (these were all at 192kpbs). I went through two units and they both "chirped" at certain points on all my WMA files. I had to convert my entire collection to MP3 (which I should have done anyway). Now it plays them just fine. I called c
Words of advice if using with Dell router!
Pros: Better audio and video quality then I expected. Connects quickly with a static IP address.
Cons: Installation instructions are terrible. It will not connect to a Dell 2300 router using DHCP.
This product is not ready for prime time
Pros: Sometimes I can stream music and pictures to my receiver.
Cons: Difficult set-up -- don't even try to set this thing up wireless. Despite 92% signal strength, I lose the connection. Don't page too fast through the menu or the thing freezes. Awkward and difficult menu interface. Doesn't stream video. Way too expensiv
Doesn't work at all for me
Pros: Don't know yet...
Cons: I can't get the product to work. I'm an IT analyst, so this should be a breeze, but the included software doesn't work at all. Several e-mails and phone calls with Linksys tech support and noone can get the product to work for me. Tried to uninstall the
Poor installation instructions
Pros: Don't know yet.........good idea??
Cons: Installation a bear unless you're lucky. The instructions do not list the default IP address of the adapter so many networks will not recognize it. After finding the address and SSID from Tech support, it still can't be found by the host............look
It works great, no features
Pros: It works, no installation problems if you can read well (know you have XP or 2000), know your network settings, does what it claims
Cons: No features, very little customization. Interface and features are below basic. Definitely .5 (not even 1st)generation product.
Excellent First Effort!
Pros: Very easy to setup. Almost plug and play when you have already a linksys point of access in your network. Linksys did a great job with networking and multimedia.
Cons: As other people mentioned, the interface needs improvement. Also, when you have a big MP3 library (Like me 4000+) it takes a while to process every time you turn on the computer, same thing with the pictures. As per the User interface, I think they can
works as advertised...
Pros: Very easy to setup, music sounds great. If anyone else had a problem getting it to work, its their problem. I like being able to set it on random and let it choose from the 1000's of songs on my computer. I haven't had any problems with browsing any folde
Cons: It would be cool to be able to have the option to control from computer and/or because menu on TV is limited, remote control not powerful or needs to be directly pointed at box. It does also seem to use quite a bit of available memory resources. Also, it
Great, but first generation still
Pros: Product was easy to install, and support has been good. Device works as advertised.
Cons: Remote thing is difficult. Have to point directly at unit. Would greatly like to see two things, a WEB deamon on the box, which would allow you to manage the music without a tv. In addition, would like to see them support additional formats like AAC.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part number: WMA11B
- Description: The Linksys Wireless-B Media Adapter lets you bring the digital music and pictures stored on your computer to your Home Entertainment Center, without running cables through the house. Using a wireless connection, the Media Adapter displays your digital photographs on the TV for the whole family to enjoy. And your digital music collection is finally freed from those little computer speakers and can play in full glory through your stereo system. The Wireless-B Media Adapter sits by your home stereo and television and connects to them using standard consumer electronics cables. Then it connects to your home network by Wireless-B (802.11b) wireless networking, or if you prefer, it can be connected via standard 10/100 Ethernet cabling. Using the included remote control and the user-friendly menus on your TV, you can browse through the digital pictures on your computer by folder, filename, or thumbnail. You can view pictures one at a time, or watch an automatically created slideshow of all the pictures in a given folder. The Media Adapter supports four popular picture formats: JPG, GIF, TIF and BMP. Use the remote control's Zoom button to get a close-up of the details in your pictures. You can also use the remote to browse your MP3 or WMA formatted music collection by title, artist, genre, folder, or playlist. Choose the music you want, and let the Wireless-B Media Adapter play it through your stereo system. You can even let music play in the background while you browse your pictures. Let the Linksys Wireless-B Media Adapter bring your digital media out into the living room for the whole family to enjoy.
- Type of product Digital multimedia receiver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 6.3 in x 2 in x 7.5 in
- Weight 13 oz
Network & Internet
- Functionality Digital audio playback,
Digital photo playback
- Encryption 64-bit WEP,
- TV tuner type None
- Supported Audio Standards WMA,
- Supported Pictures Standard JPG,
Digital Player (Recorder)
- Device Type None
- Digital Storage Media None
- Connector Type 1 x S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),
1 x Composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ),
1 x Network ( RJ-45 )
- Type Remote control
- Technology Infrared
- Cables Included Video cable,
Video / audio cable,
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year