Manufacturer: LG Part number: 47LS4500
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Tired of dark scenes or dull colors? LG's LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs. This stunning picture is the reason you wanted HDTV in the first place. With almost double the pixel resolution, Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Best Buy|| || See Site || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/11/2013
Thin and efficient with a great picture!
by Nexeo on November 24, 2012
Pros: LED edge-lit with an awesome 4,000,000:1 contrast ratio.
Unbelievably thin at only 1.4" deep.
Beautifully sharp and clean 1080p HD picture.
Good sound from the built-in speakers.
Cons: Only two HDMI ports. Ports face directly out back, versus facing out the side, making it difficult to wall-mount.
Summary: I researched LED HDTVs for weeks before committing to a purchase and did not originally choose the 47LS4500. After experiencing problems with my other choice, a Samsung, I decided to ...
Summary: I researched LED HDTVs for weeks before committing to a purchase and did not originally choose the 47LS4500. After experiencing problems with my other choice, a Samsung, I decided to give the LG a shot since my old LCD (of 5 years and still kicking) is an LG. I couldn't be happier with the 47LS4500 after fine-tuning the settings for my viewing environment and complementing it with a behind-set LED bias lighting kit.
4 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
Excellent no frills tv for an amazing price!
by uneekdesigns82 on February 10, 2013
Pros: Picture quality to price ratio.
Looks good when in use and when its off
Cons: Only 2 hdmi ports.
Bottom part where the speakers are located is a deep burgundy which looks weird against the black. You can never see it but just a strange design feature.
Summary: I was looking to replace my aging but still good 5 year old vizio 32" and stumbled upon this gem. First of all shame on cnet for not having a ...
Summary: I was looking to replace my aging but still good 5 year old vizio 32" and stumbled upon this gem. First of all shame on cnet for not having a professional review because i took a chance on this tv by buying it online without even seeing it. Let me say that going from 32" 720 to 47" 1080 is a world of a difference. Iam a gamer and ssports fan and both look amazing on this set. I dont need any smart tv features since i can get all that on my xbox 360 and PS3 so why pay for it again? This was exactly what i was looking for in a set. I am more then pleased when you see that for under 600 you get 120hrtz 1080 and edge led. I still cannot find a better deal at this size. LG basically stripped down their more expensive sets with all the bells and whistles and just left the picture quality and what you get is an amazing tv. I knew about the 2 hdmi ports and since my last tv had that i have a hdmi switch which can be purchased at 20 bucks, problem solved. So bottom line is if your in the market for a tv at great price and don't care about the extras then stop reading and buy this tv now. I cannot recommend it enough!
Great television for the price.
by droslovinia on January 15, 2013
Pros: Sharp picture; thin; light adjustment; size; price
Cons: It could use another HDMI port or two.
Summary: I went to Best Buy looking for a 46" Samsung with Internet apps. The salesperson showed me this television and pointed out that I could buy an AppleTV and an ...
Summary: I went to Best Buy looking for a 46" Samsung with Internet apps. The salesperson showed me this television and pointed out that I could buy an AppleTV and an app-equipped blu-ray along with this television and still save money over the Samsung. The picture was at least as good, if not significantly better than Samsung's, once out of the store and in my house, where the lighting and color sensors could adapt it for my living room. All in all, this seems a great value for the price. Since it is thin, though, if you want high volume levels, you might want to get a sound bar or add it to an existing surround sound, rather than just using the built in speakers.
Amazing picture, super thin and not to mention big.
by Burdatron on December 21, 2012
+Calibration software included
+Wide viewing angle
Cons: +Only 2 HDMI ports
+HDMI ports are on the rear of the TV making it difficult to wall
+Due to this being a super thin TV the speakers are not the greatest
Summary: I originally bought a Samsung led TV because I heard they have the best picture. After experiencing multiple problems with the unit I returned it and bought my second choice (...
Summary: I originally bought a Samsung led TV because I heard they have the best picture. After experiencing multiple problems with the unit I returned it and bought my second choice (this unit). I could not be happier. I got a bigger screen, the same resolution, more features and for less than what I previously paid. I highly recommend this TV!
- Manufacturer: LG
- Part number: 47LS4500
- Description: Tired of dark scenes or dull colors? LG's LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs. This stunning picture is the reason you wanted HDTV in the first place. With almost double the pixel resolution, Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture quality over standard HDTV. You'll see details and colors like never before.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 47 in
- TV features Triple XD Engine,
Picture Wizard II,
Clear Voice II,
Slim & Narrow Design
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Edge-lit
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 4000000:1
- Motion Enhancement Technology TruMotion 120Hz
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Widescreen modes Cinema Zoom,
Set by Program,
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 720p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects Virtual Surround Mode
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Sound mode
- HDMI ports qty 2
- Input/Output connections 2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
1 x Composite video/audio input - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
1 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x Component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Type Standard remote control
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 400 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 42.9 in x 10.6 in x 28.7 in - With stand
- Weight 37.48 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 52 in
- Depth 5.3 in
- Height 31.9 in
- Weight 38.6 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 2.8
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.5