Manufacturer: LG Part number: 55LS5700/US
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Want limitless entertainment access to movies, shows and apps from the Internet, straight to your TV without a computer? With LG Smart TV access on the LS5700, you can. Or you could view sports and fast action like you were actually there, in stunning detail? With its 1080p Full HD and TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate, you can have that too.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Once you know, you Newegg!|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/16/2014
Great TV, Terrible Remote!
by JLett42 on August 24, 2012
Pros: Picture quality
Cons: Remote "smart" interface - also ties into the remote issue
Summary: I ordered this TV because it was the right price with the right set of features. It is getting harder and harder to find TVs that dont have the "3D" ...
Summary: I ordered this TV because it was the right price with the right set of features. It is getting harder and harder to find TVs that dont have the "3D" feature. I just wanted a high quality picture, internet connectivity, and no 3D...it was surprisingly difficult to find. It shouldnt be difficult to find a tv that doesnt boast the "3D" with stupid sets of glasses that just make you feel disoriented and ill. I dont need a gimmick, I need a TV.
At any rate, the delivery of the tv went smoothly and I was able to schedule a time that worked and it showed up with no real problems. I assembled it and set it up, which wasnt very difficult.
The picture on this thing is excellent. I had to adjust brightness, contrast, etc to get it to my liking but that is how it is with every TV.
And now, the remote:
I dont know what they were smoking when they came up with this thing, but it is the most obnoxious and useless remote I have ever had the misfortune of using. It awkwardly fits in the hand, is shaped like a boat so it always tips over, and the cursor is extremely annoying to use. It is a lot like the wii remotes, but less effective and just as childish.
Fortunately, I got a universal remote that works well, so I rarely have to use the horrid thing. They should at least put a real remote in there with the magic one or give us the option of which we would like to go with our TV.
Some review stated that it only works with one USB device and I can confirm this. I would recommend a solid keyboard to use the internet because there is no way you will be able to use the on screen keyboard and that stupid magic remote without frustration, disappointment, and eventually rage.
The stand that comes with it is solid and I am not worried about it falling over. Assembly would be best with 2 people...I did it myself and it was a bit of a pain to lift and place with just me.
*Buy Advice: for low price guarantee of this TV, check at: smarttv2012.blogspot.com/p/lg-55ls5700.html
Overall I give this TV 4 stars. For the price, you wont find a better TV. That being said, you should take those savings and invest in a universal remote.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Lip sync problems not fixed by firmware upgrade
by austexpat on August 7, 2013
Pros: Excellent picture, good remote
Cons: Lip sync gets worse on free to air tv via internal speaker after using for some time
Needs power reset tofix
Firmware update no fix
LG Australia do not acknowledge the fault
No compatible camera for Skype at this time
by oilover on May 21, 2012
Pros: Good picture
Cons: LG's AN-VC300 camera is not compatible with the 55LS5700
Summary: A selling point of the 55LS5700 is the ability to use Skype. However, at this time there is no camera compatible with this TV, and therefore no way to use ...
Summary: A selling point of the 55LS5700 is the ability to use Skype. However, at this time there is no camera compatible with this TV, and therefore no way to use Skype! LG's AN-VC300 camera is not compatible and after speaking with LG's customer service I am nowhere closer to getting a camera that is compatible.
Nice Picture, BUT! google does not work!!
by spa1man on April 27, 2013
Pros: Picture Quality is GREAT!
Cons: Google does not work on 90% of the sites you will go to. Found out that LG has installed a flash player that is out dated and has no ability to update! That is crazy! LG customer support knows this and they just say sorry!
Summary: If your looking for a smart TV, don't buy LG they are ripping people off.If your looking for a smart TV, be SMART ...
Updated on Apr 27, 2013
Summary: If your looking for a smart TV, don't buy LG they are ripping people off.If your looking for a smart TV, be SMART and forget LG.
Updated on Apr 27, 2013
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: LG
- Part number: 55LS5700/US
- Description: Want limitless entertainment access to movies, shows and apps from the Internet, straight to your TV without a computer? With LG Smart TV access on the LS5700, you can. Or you could view sports and fast action like you were actually there, in stunning detail? With its 1080p Full HD and TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate, you can have that too.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 55 in
- Connectivity Wi-Fi
- Smart TV Yes
- Internet streaming services Skype
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately
- TV features DLNA Certified,
Clear Voice II,
Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration)
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Edge-lit
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 5000000:1
- Motion Enhancement Technology TruMotion 120Hz
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Cinema Zoom,
Set by Program
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 720p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- TV tuner reception system NTSC
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Analog video input signals NTSC
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects Virtual Surround Mode
- Built-in decoders Dolby Digital
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Sound mode
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
4 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
1 x Composite video/audio input - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
3 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x Component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Menu language Korean,
- Type Standard remote control
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 400 mm
- Power device Power supply - Internal
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 49.6 in x 12.4 in x 32.4 in - With stand
- Weight 56.2 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 61.8 in
- Depth 7.5 in
- Height 34.7 in
- Weight 68.8 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 2.8
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.5