Manufacturer: LG Part number: 60PM6700
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 3 reviews
- An intuitive, easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos and browse the web all organized in a simple-to-use interface. And, when you can just point and choose selections with LG's unique motion-controlled magic remote, it's even simpler. That's what you get with an LG Smart TV experience, the next generation in entertainment ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|"Your customer service is the best I have ever encountered'|| || In stock |
Now $1299.99 after $350.00 savings
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/18/2014
Very Nice Thus Far, the Definition of Art in a TV!
by Louis-Kinney on March 16, 2013
Pros: + TV alone is very powerful, HD is very sharp
+ Four hdmi ports. Unlimited viewing angle
Cons: - Reflections are horrible even in low light
Summary: While I am not a professional in the field nor do I claim to know everything on TVs, please take my review lightly, but accurate. I was very set originally ...
Summary: While I am not a professional in the field nor do I claim to know everything on TVs, please take my review lightly, but accurate. I was very set originally on a Samsung unit (having owned 2 of them in the past five years) and LED technologies or even LCD still, yet decided to go with a plasma technology and different brand with LG. My major contributing factor was price and size, to get similar in different technology it would cost a bit more. Plus I don't think LED is 100% where it will be eventually as a technology. Having recently decided to try the brand of LG, buying a washer dryer combo and a vacuum recently I am very impressed thus far and have not had to deal with support yet on anything with them, so I can't accurately rate that. I am happy thus far with this unit!
The TV alone is very powerful, bright and even with ECO mode it seems to adjust perfectly to my open style living room area, lots of windows, light (high ceiling and good size room), I was impressed to see it save energy and look good still. Really the look of the unit off is the definition of beauty, it's art! While this TV isn't the thinnest, it falls somewhere between being medium thin and low profile, I have seen some LED units almost paper thick in all comparison. The TV is very heavy though, so get help to put on base and if moving or mounting.
I have mine hooked up to HD cable provider and the HD is very sharp and such an improvement over my old 40" or even 32" I was using temporarily in the room. I've tried out the Smart features with Netflix and Hulu and all seems to work great, found my old wireless router we have setup here with cable Internet and it works very quick and no connection problems what so ever! I was prepared to have to run an Ethernet cable run for Internet, but now it seems I will not have to. I am also very happy with the basic remote, although I was hoping to get the Magic remote with the unit, but this model doesn't come with it, so that's the only con so far.
Do note that the unit gets fairly warm, had it on for about an hour and it's hot to touch around top area in back. Make sure you use the stand or keep space between it and any walls, although it does seem to move the heat towards upper corners, which is great because that means it's venting properly! While describing the base, although I plan to eventually wall mount this sucker ... the stand is very clean, sleek looking, and stable... both functional and good form. Lastly, suggest check for low price of this TV at: 3dplasmahdtvdeals.blogspot.com/p/lg-60pm6700.html
I will also review later hopefully to update this with any additional details. So far so good though!
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Outstanding Features and Picture
by JorgeF786 on July 2, 2012
Pros: Picture, features, built-in wi-fi, energy efficiency, thin frame.
Cons: Netflix application sometimes disappears.
Summary: I have two Samsung plasmas that I love, and I can tell that the picture is noticeably clearer on the LG 60PM6700. The picture is even more impressive when you ...
Summary: I have two Samsung plasmas that I love, and I can tell that the picture is noticeably clearer on the LG 60PM6700. The picture is even more impressive when you consider that this TV is 60" and my other TV's are 42" and 50". I love the built-in Wi-fi which my wife uses all the time for Netflix and Vudu. The 3D incorporates active shutter glasses which allows you to get a true 1080P picture in both lenses. It's truly fantastic. On the negative side, the Netflix ap sometimes disappears from the applications screen. When I go online through the TV and re-enter my password on the website, the ap reappears after I reboot the TV. Weird.
Got one last week and returning it tomorrow.
by kronicas on April 22, 2012
Pros: Nice size, gorgeous image for slow moving HD videos like the shop display models have it on screen. Nice set of smart features, wireless connection, comes with 2 remotes the old fashion button style and the magic wand type remote.
Cons: Horrible for action movies, specially coming from a Pay TV box or a USB drive, not so bad on BR disk. Active glasses only good if you are watching in complete dark or if you have a dark wall behind, so you don't notice the flickering.
Summary: Got this TV to upgrade my 6yr old Panasonic Plasma 42", and got really disappointed with the amount of judder you get on watching action movies or sports. Everyone says ...
Summary: Got this TV to upgrade my 6yr old Panasonic Plasma 42", and got really disappointed with the amount of judder you get on watching action movies or sports. Everyone says plasma still the best for this kind of things but i started to doubt that after watching this TV.
when you turn the smart settings to remove judder you will notice a bit shock wave blur type of effect around any fast moving object specially when you have a busy background. Some people might not notice as my wife didn't... but if you are an image freak like me, don't waste your time, as this tv will annoy you to your limits.
My old tv has smoother images than this one. Very disappointing.
Having said that, if you only watch normal live broadcast news, don't look anywhere else, this TV is awesome, or if you only watch your movies on Blu ray disks than the judder problem is not that noticeable.
if you are into 3d you might also want to look at something else with passive glasses, those glasses are impossible to watch on a lit room with a white wall behind the TV the wall flickers so much that you can't focus on the TV...
Smart features are awesome, lots of free content to watch and play.
Magic wand remote is pretty cool, and if you have a Wii you will feel it at home, easy to operate and do what ever you need to with it.
Taking it back to the store tomorrow and swapping for something else, most likely samsung.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: LG
- Part number: 60PM6700
- Description: An intuitive, easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos and browse the web all organized in a simple-to-use interface. And, when you can just point and choose selections with LG's unique motion-controlled magic remote, it's even simpler. That's what you get with an LG Smart TV experience, the next generation in entertainment organized within a simple interface. Getting your LG TV connected to the web and other online content is easy when you have Wi-Fi built in. If you have existing wireless broadband, setting it up is simple and you don't need to worry about messy wires.
- TV type Plasma
- Screen size 60 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- 3D Active 3D compatible
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses sold separately
- Connectivity Wi-Fi
- Smart TV Yes
- Internet streaming services Smart TV
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately
- TV features Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration),
Windows 7 certified
- Technology Plasma (PDP)
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 3000000:1
- Refresh rate 600 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 600Hz sub-field driving
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- HDCP compatible Yes
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner DVB-C,
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 1 x Composite video/audio input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Rear,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x SCART (21 pin SCART) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear,
2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side
- Video interface SCART,
- Type Standard remote control
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 230 V
- Power consumption operational 183 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 54.6 in x 14 in x 34.8 in - With stand
- Weight 89.5 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 58.9 in
- Depth 12.8 in
- Height 37.4 in
- Weight 106 lbs
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 2.8
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.5