LG Infinia 55LV5500
Manufacturer: LG Part number: 55LV5500
- More product information:
- Editors' review
- User reviews
- Product series
- Manufacturer info
- Bottom Line:
- The LG LV5500 series is a decent performer at its price level and features a great Smart TV package, but paying a little more for a different model would reap big rewards.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/08/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,322.54
- Reviewed by: Ty Pendlebury
- Edited by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 11/09/2011
The good: The relatively inexpensive LG LV5500 series evinced accurate colors and solid video processing. Its Smart TV Internet portal is well-designed with a solid selection of streaming services, and LG includes a Wi-Fi dongle. The secondary motion-sensitive remote provides a cool, easy-to-use control option.
The bad: The LG LV5500 series isn't able to dig as deep into the blacks as some competitors and evinced some blooming and loss of shadow detail. Screen uniformity and off-angle viewing were below par. Its external styling is underwhelming. The LW5500's Smart TV lacks Pandora, and its browser and search is next to useless.
The bottom line: The LG LV5500 series is a decent performer at its price level and features a great Smart TV package, but paying a little more for a different model would reap big rewards.
Great TV for the Price!
by Arthur-Ceballos on June 24, 2011
Pros: + TV is super thin
+ Picture quality is great
+ It's a great feature
Cons: - No adobe flash support for web browsing
Summary: This is probably the best deal on a 55-inch LED TV for the price. Initially, I was going to buy the cheapest, largest LCD TV I can buy but I ...
Summary: This is probably the best deal on a 55-inch LED TV for the price. Initially, I was going to buy the cheapest, largest LCD TV I can buy but I ended up buying this one because for 55-inch LED TV, this is cheaper than most LCD TVs plus the smartTV option was great for me since I don't really watch much real TV but I need my Netflix working.
Got my TV, hooked up the LG wifi USB stick, connected to Netflix within seconds and my kids were watching their favorite kid's movies off netflix and we still have no cable!
The TV is super thin, uses less energy than any other TV on the market, and the picture quality is great plus the screen is 55-inches, lovin' it. I used to have a 46-inch but this 55-inch is definitely a great addition to my home.
I know Hulu is coming soon through software update and when that comes my TV will be even better.
For those of you looking to spend around $1200-1400 on the biggest TV you can afford, this is definitely it.
And also I don't need 3D yet and this is good since it's not added to the cost of my TV, I rather wait 2 more years for that when 3D prices come down.
Overall, this is the best 55-inch LED TV you will find anywhere, great prices, and forget all those smaller 42 or 46 inches with 3D unless you are a 3D freak.
*** P.S. If you will buy this TV I suggest you have compare price before you decide at: www.amazon.com/gp/*************?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%****%2Foffer-listing%2FB004OOODPG%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Ddp_olp_new_map%26condition%3Dnew%23&tag=***************&********=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957
7 out of 7 users found this user opinion helpful.
Thin TV with good picture quality & BUT NO FLASH 9 & up
by WSEngine on October 17, 2011
Pros: Thin and beautiful casing
Good picture quality and easy to set up
Cons: No Flash 9 or above support so you cannot watch video streaming from major TV network that happens to use Flash 9 or above. I spoke to LG and they do not ever intend to update this models firmware to support Flash 9 or newer version. For a smart TV this
Summary: I returned the this Edge lit LED LCD TV and bought the LG55LK520 LCD TV, a bit bulkier, but the picture is better, and the price was cheaper. I gave ...
Summary: I returned the this Edge lit LED LCD TV and bought the LG55LK520 LCD TV, a bit bulkier, but the picture is better, and the price was cheaper. I gave up the "smart TV" feature, but when you consider that the LV5500 is not compatible with flash 9 or higher ... it isn't all that smart.
I would not recommend this the LV5500 to anyone who wishes to use the built in web browser to watch video streaming from major TV networks that heaven forbid would use the latest Adobe Flash technology to stream their videos. Buy the Samsung instead they support Flash 10 and intend to offer update via firmware, where LG emphatically told me that they do not intend to offer any update to Flash via firmware because of "memory constraint".
This LG55LV5500 (same as the LV5400) is obsolete before the introductory year is over.
- Manufacturer: LG
- Part number: 55LV5500
- Description: The LV5500 delivers LED picture quality along with a whole lot more. TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur. You can access thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos and the best of the web with LG Smart TV organized in simple to use interface. The LG's LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as great energy efficiency.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 55 in
- Internet streaming services Smart TV
- TV features Bass & treble control,
Auto Volume Leveller (AVL),
Clear Voice II technology,
- Technology LED-LCD
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Edge Light with local dimming
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 4000000:1
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology TruMotion 120Hz
- 24p technology 24p Real Cinema
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Cinema Zoom,
- Color temperature control Yes (Warm/Medium/Cool)
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 1080/30p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Analog TV tuner NTSC
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Built-in decoders Dolby Digital
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Sound mode,
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 4 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
1 x Serial - Rear,
2 x Composite video/audio input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Headphones (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
2 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear,
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Rear,
2 x Component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Parental channel lock Yes
- Menu language Korean,
- Type Magic Motion remote
- Features Wand like a mouse
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 400 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.1 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 51.2 in x 1.2 in x 30.6 in - Without stand
- Weight 51.1 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 63.4 in
- Depth 5.6 in
- Height 32 in
- Weight 70.5 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
Edge Light with local dimming,
Edge Light with local dimming,
EPA Energy Star
Edge Light with local dimming,
EPA Energy Star