Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: TC-L47ET5
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 5.0 stars out of 1 review
- A polarizing film on the display surface displays the left and right images for each of the odd-numbered and even-numbered horizontal scanning lines. When viewed through polarizing eyewear, different images are shown to the left and right eyes, resulting in the perception of 3D images. This method reduces the vertical resolution to one-half, but it is an easy way to ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Best Buy|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/24/2014
Just Picked one of these GREAT sets this week...Whoa!
by DBlacker on June 1, 2012
Pros: 1). Panasonic Viera remote compatible with Iphone/Ipad/Android control
2). Set is very light (weight), but NOT lacking in features at all
3). Bright, vivid screen
4). Excellent value for the price
5). Easy wifi or ethernet connectivity
Cons: 1). Only 2 USB ports
Summary: I just purchased one of these 47" LED Sets to replace a 2 yr old LG LED 46" TV. There was nothing wrong with the LG, but I wanted to ...
Summary: I just purchased one of these 47" LED Sets to replace a 2 yr old LG LED 46" TV. There was nothing wrong with the LG, but I wanted to check out something newer (lots have changed in 2 yrs and when the time is right, I upgrade). I had also considered going up to a 50" set. After doing much research and viewing at local stores, I happened upon the Panasonic TC-L47ET5...I was totally impressed by it's 2d picture; but what interested me more, was its ability to do a bit of 2D>3D conversion on certain sources (Like Blue Ray DVDs, especially).
Now on to my review:
1) After reviewing the manual, I was concerned at its lack of clarity and detail...Then I found out why! The entire setup and even the advanced setup was extremely simple, even for a newbie just getting a first HDTV! I mean REALLY simple + there is actually a help function (E-Manual built into the set. Upon powering up the 1st time, I was presented by the basic setup screen (as has become the Norm)...from there on, simplicity was the word of the day!
2) The set is very light (weight), but NOT lacking in features at all. since I do not use DNLA anyway, I can not comment there. It does not appear to be mentioned, but the Wi-Fi is built in and does NOT require an adapter as in previous models. Wi-Fi was simple for an internet connection. It came with the latest firmware, which can be D/L over wi-fi when/if needed. There is also a "reminder" option (that can be switched on or off)that checks to see if a new version is available, and flashes the notice on the screen.
I do not use the smart system, but The TV did do a software update, when I tested a few of the apps). If I want to stream, I do it thru my new Samsung Bluray player BD-E6500. I was actually looking for a TV without the "smart" feature, but choices are limited and I DID get the Panny at a great price!(After setting up the advanced features and turning OFF the automatic NR, Contrast etc, it was time for a test. I have Not owned a Panasonic product since my last (7rrs ago)50 inch 720P Plasma TV.
3) 2D actually was better on the Panasonic than it was on the LG! Blacks are really black and I have not noticed and back light edge flaring what so ever. NOW THE MAIN REASON I GOT THIS INSTEAD OF A SAMSUNG OR OTHER BRAND.
2D>3D CONVERSION!!! I HAVE PLAYED WITH IT A BIT AND CAME AWAY VERY IMPRESSED. No it will not work on all sources or media, when it gets into a scene that lends itself to the conversion, I AM IMPRESSED....It also uses passive 3D glasses NOT ACTIVE! I can't wait to find a BluRay REAL 3D disc to purchase, as the Media for all 3d is quite limited.
The Panny also has the 24 FPS option, but I think that is probably marketing. Even a SD (standard) definition Avatar convers beautifully!
The only concern I had was the component Video Inputs...After examining the rear of the set (at the store) I found a small rectangular port with 2 prongs on it. (above it was some writing that mentioned Component in) This is the strangest thing I have ever seen. It is actually a converter (actual converter IS INCLUDED in the box. While it through me, but, it simply works. Interestingly, the Component in is connected to my Pioneer receiver, then the signal is converted to HDMI compatible, then output from the Pioneer to the New Panasonic TV!
Total setup time, including the stand attachment, took less than 20 minutes
4) It has (4) 1.4 HDMI inputs, and what I really needed was a set with a set of Component Inputs (I still have an 8ft dish with a 4DTV receiver which does not have HDMI or DVI out. It is my main video source, but with
I already had a 3D pass thru on my Pioneer Receiver, HDMI 1.4 cables and the Samsung 3D Bluray player which has all the features needed.
Note, if you will buy this panny tv, I suggest you have to check for best deal before you decide at: 3dhdtv.********.info/panasonic-tc-l47et5/
I hope this review is helpful.
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: TC-L47ET5
- Description: A polarizing film on the display surface displays the left and right images for each of the odd-numbered and even-numbered horizontal scanning lines. When viewed through polarizing eyewear, different images are shown to the left and right eyes, resulting in the perception of 3D images. This method reduces the vertical resolution to one-half, but it is an easy way to view 3D images using light, economical eyewear. Great for watching with a group of people.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 47 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- 3D Passive-3D compatible
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses (4pcs) included
- Connectivity Wi-Fi
- Internet streaming services Skype,
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately - Panasonic TY-CC20W
- TV features DLNA,
Audio Return Channel (ARC),
- Technology LED-LCD,
- Backlight technology LED backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Edge-lit
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- 24p technology 3D 24p Cinema Smoother
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Full,
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 1080/24p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Analog TV tuner NTSC
- TV tuner reception system NTSC
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Analog video input signals NTSC
- Surround mode Yes
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 4 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Bottom,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Bottom,
Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Bottom,
1 x Audio output - Bottom,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A),
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Bottom,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm)
- Video interface HDMI,
- Type Standard remote control
- Second remote control type None
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Flat panel mount interface Yes
- Power device Power supply - Internal
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
- Power consumption operational 70.4 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 43.7 in x 10.6 in x 28 in - With stand
- Weight 45.2 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 52.4 in
- Depth 6.4 in
- Height 30.9 in
- Weight 55.1 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.6