Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: TC-P50GT50
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/20/2013
| || In stock || |
as of 05/20/2013
| || In stock || |
as of 05/20/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,484.93 - $1,799.99
- Reviewed by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 06/21/2012
The good: The Panasonic TC-PGT50 series exhibited outstanding overall picture quality, characterized by exceedingly deep black levels with great shadow detail, accurate colors, and solid bright-room performance. Unlike LCDs, as a plasma it has superb off-angle and uniformity characteristics. The high-end styling outclasses just about every other TV I've seen. The feature set is well-chosen, including excellent onscreen help options.
The bad: The GT50 isn't as strong a value as some competing plasmas. It uses more power than LCD TVs, and doesn't perform as well in bright rooms as those with matte screens. It doesn't come with 3D glasses. The GT50 is only available in 50-inch and larger sizes.
The bottom line: Superb picture quality and beautiful design place the Panasonic GT50 in the top tier of plasma TVs, but it's more expensive than others with similar performance.
Best TV You Will Ever Experience
by ma16360 on May 12, 2012
Pros: Picture, Picture, Picture, ....., Excellent Smart TV tools and interface, beautiful frame.
Cons: Heat dissipation is more than LED TV but should not be a concern at all.
Summary: Literally stunning picture. Never ever seen like it although I always owned top of the line. This prove without doubt that Plasma technology is the future of TV. Sony LED ...
Summary: Literally stunning picture. Never ever seen like it although I always owned top of the line. This prove without doubt that Plasma technology is the future of TV. Sony LED top of the line is the best tolerable LED out there at premium price. This TV has substantially better picture. For all the Samsung out there, I would not take them home even for free.I had the TV for a week now. Try it on DirecTV, U-verse and the build-in internet streaming. All were amazing.
Updated on May 12, 2012
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Outstanding Top Quality TV Purchase Ever
by DaStavman on May 2, 2013
Pros: Amazing Picture...., Superb Smart TV Features, GREAT Sound and Excellent Quality Build & Craftsmanship.
Cons: There's nothing bad about this TV.
Summary: I bought this TV as a replacement for my other Panasonic 47" LED from 2012. The repair person and the staff at the Best Buy store were very helpful. So ...
Summary: I bought this TV as a replacement for my other Panasonic 47" LED from 2012. The repair person and the staff at the Best Buy store were very helpful. So I picked it out this one and only paid a small price because of the price difference. This was $700 off regular price even online. So they delivered it brand new in its box, opened the box in my livingroom, installed and even set it up on its own stand right on my tv stand, and picked up the old tv for FREE! The picture is amazing, the sound with these speakers that also has a subwoofer is outstanding and loud, all the features are pretty cool too and the overall look and build quality are spectacular. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV!!!
Amazing picture:VT richer colors seen only side-by-side
by malemanguy on December 26, 2012
Pros: Beautiful panel, excellent picture quality, elegant remote. Much better picture than my 2 year old Samsung B850 plasma (as expected)
Cons: Hmmm... can't think of any other than it's true size is 49.9" rather than 50" haha. This is typical though in the industry for plasmas I believe.
Summary: I purchased this TV with picture quality being on the top of my list then price. I primarily watch Blu-ray, play PS3 games, netflix and so forth. This TV is ...
Summary: I purchased this TV with picture quality being on the top of my list then price. I primarily watch Blu-ray, play PS3 games, netflix and so forth. This TV is the best I've had so far... although that can be expected for most newer generation of TVs. Blacks are noticeably blacker than my older Samsung B850. Visions in BC Canada gave an excellent deal, $1200. Next I am gonna try panasonics free andoid app to control it and get a skype camera. I am using optical out to a receiver for cable TV. All works as expected.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: TC-P50GT50
- Description: The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the eyewear open and close in sync with this display timing to show separate images to the left and right eyes. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives 3D images. And because this method displays Full HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, Full-HD quality. This original Panasonic technology detects image movements like the human eye, and optimizes the drive accordingly. By achieving instantaneously powerful light emission rather than finely divided emission, it reduces the afterimages that cause blurring. As a result, fast movement is reproduced with excellent clarity. Enhancements to the panel and cells help reproduce images with smooth, natural gradation and deep, rich blacks - even when viewed in bright surroundings. In movies, the true, deep blacks faithfully convey the intent of the filmmakers, adding power and realism to the viewing experience.
- TV type Plasma
- Screen size 50 in
- 3D Yes
- Connectivity Built-in Wi-Fi,
- Internet streaming services Skype,
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately - Panasonic TY-CC20W
- TV features Infinite Black Pro Panel,
Fast phosphor panel,
2D to 3D conversion
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses sold separately
- Technology 3D
- Plasma panel technology Panasonic 15th Generation Plasma Panel
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Refresh rate 600 Hz
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- 24p technology 24p Cinematic Playback
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen modes Full,
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 720p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- TV tuner reception system NTSC
- Speaker(s) 2 x Right/left channel speaker - Built-in - 4 Watt,
1 x Subwoofer - Built-in
- Analog video input signals NTSC
- Surround mode Yes
- Total output power 18 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 4 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
3 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A),
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - On supplied adapter,
Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - On supplied adapter,
Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm),
(15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - On supplied adapter
- Video interface HDMI,
- Type Standard remote control
- Component type None
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Power device Power supply - Internal
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) - With stand
- Weight 59.5 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 55.1 in
- Depth 8.7 in
- Height 32.3 in
- Weight 72.8 lbs
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.6