Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: TC-P55UT50
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/09/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $2,085.53
- Reviewed by: Ty Pendlebury
- Edited by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 05/03/2012
The good: In pure dollar/performance terms the Panasonic TC-PUT50 series is one of the best TVs we've seen, with astounding picture quality for the money. Black levels are the equal of Panasonic's ST50 series in a darkened room, shadow detail is very good, and colors are accurate. Unlike an LCD, as a plasma TV it has superb off-angle and uniformity characteristics. Despite the low price, the UT50 is still studded with the latest features, including 3D and Smart TV.
The bad: The UT50 series doesn't perform very well in a lit room, with blacks becoming muddy and indistinct. The performance of 3D is only passable, with quite distinct ghosting effects. The TV lacks advanced setup controls, which makes tweaking a better picture almost impossible. With only three video inputs it's not suited to users with lots of gear.
The bottom line: The Panasonic TC-P50UT50 plasma TV nearly matches the world-beating picture quality of the ST50 series, at an even lower price.
8 Blink Failure
by mike_pruner on January 11, 2013
Pros: Great looking paperweight.
Cons: Complete failure after 5-minutes of operation. Panasonic customer service has been horrible.
Summary: 8 blink failure after 5-minutes of first start-up. Panasonic customer service so far has been horrible. Not sure how I am going to handle it at this point. I would ...
Summary: 8 blink failure after 5-minutes of first start-up. Panasonic customer service so far has been horrible. Not sure how I am going to handle it at this point. I would give it zero stars if I could.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Best Bang 4 buck! Cleanest picture in this category!
by georgiajoker on March 18, 2013
Pros: Color Intensity is awesome for the price point of this unit. The blacks are remarkably concise. 3D is average but I am not a huge fan yet of any of the units out there except the theatre.
Cons: Needs more HDMI(only has 2) ports. Wireless capability should be built in.
Summary: Overall this is a great unit. I researched many models and actually looked at each and every one I was considering in person BEFORE making any decisions. This model offered ...
Summary: Overall this is a great unit. I researched many models and actually looked at each and every one I was considering in person BEFORE making any decisions. This model offered me the most for the least. I am living with the lack of HDMI inputs just fine at this point and I have an ethernet cable plugged in to facilitate the broadband uses of the unit. All in all, I am VERY satisfied with this unit.
Great picture for the price
by Trock2u on February 2, 2013
Pros: Great picture!
Price is right for 55 inch.
Glare not an issue for me.
Cons: Only 2 HDMI hook ups
Summary: Great tv. No complaints. Got at Costco for $749. Love it so far but new yet. We'll see how it performs with a blu ray which I have yet ...
Summary: Great tv. No complaints. Got at Costco for $749. Love it so far but new yet. We'll see how it performs with a blu ray which I have yet to purchase. I'll need to get glasses and check out the 3D.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: TC-P55UT50
- Description: The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the eyewear open and close in sync with this display timing to show separate images to the left and right eyes. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives 3D images. And because this method displays Full HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, full-HD quality. Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real-time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images - such as web content, Blu-ray Disc media, and photos and movies saved onto SD memory cards - into 3D images with a high level of precision.
- TV type Plasma TV
- Screen size 55 in
- 3D Yes
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses sold separately
- Connectivity Bluetooth,
- Internet streaming services Skype,
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately - Panasonic TY-CC20W
- TV features Game mode,
Audio Return Channel (ARC),
2D to 3D conversion
- Technology Plasma (PDP)
- Plasma panel technology Panasonic 15th Generation Plasma Panel
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Refresh rate 600 Hz
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- 24p technology 24p Cinematic Playback,
3D 24p Cinema Smoother
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Full,
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 720p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Analog TV tuner NTSC
- TV tuner reception system NTSC
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Analog video input signals NTSC
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects 3D Sound
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 2
- Input/Output connections 2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A),
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3),
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2),
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm),
1 x Network (RJ-45),
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK)
- Video interface HDMI,
- Type Standard remote control
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Power device Power supply - Internal
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 51.2 in x 14.1 in x 32.7 in - With stand
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 59.8 in
- Depth 11.2 in
- Height 34.6 in
- Weight 90.4 lbs
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.6