Manufacturer: Panasonic Part number: TC-P60S60
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/12/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,599.99
- Reviewed by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 04/19/2013
- Updated on:11/15/2013
The good: The budget-priced Panasonic TC-PS60 has excellent picture quality with exceedingly deep black levels, great shadow detail, accurate colors, and superb off-angle and uniformity characteristics; basic, easy-to-use streaming services include Netflix, Amazon and YouTube without extraneous Smart TV features.
The bad: Picture quality in bright rooms isn't as good as many other TVs; only two HDMI inputs; limited streaming content; consumes more power than LCD TVs.
The bottom line: The Panasonic TC-PS60 plasma TV's low price, high-end picture quality, and bare-bones Smarts make it one of the best values we've ever seen.
Panasonic TC-P60S60 Plasma HDTV
by Karen4love on August 30, 2013
Pros: + Plasma HD is fantastic! Picture, colors, ease of use
+ Built in DLNA with built in wireless is very satisfying
+ Input lag is low due to the plasma technology. Gaming is responsive.
+ Very easy to set up
+ Reasonable price
Cons: - Cons: Only 2 HDMIs
- Some reflection if you have a lamp on behind you or it's bright in the room
- Sound quality is not great so I would definitely recommend investing in other speakers
Summary: I did a lot of reading [CNET reviews, magazines etc], visited retail stores, talked to friends before deciding I wanted Plasma and without all the latest bells and whistles like ...
Summary: I did a lot of reading [CNET reviews, magazines etc], visited retail stores, talked to friends before deciding I wanted Plasma and without all the latest bells and whistles like 3D and I already have wifi internet. More than one friend said they could 'see' remnants of 3D interlace [assume they meant passive] where the picture seemed more jittery without the glasses. Then the active 3D actually manipulated the glasses to sort of 'unsynch' each eye through very fast shuttering.Edit:
Didn't understand the technology completely, but suffice it that I did not want to be 'locked' into having to use glasses just to watch TV. Articles emphasized that normal 2D was not altered without the glasses, but then, as mentioned, some friends told a different story. My lean on 3D is that it is a passing fad, but I could be wrong; but I didn't need it.
So, I went after the very best Picture quality within my budget to replace my old Samsung 60inch DLP [the core dlp chip went bad and Samsung was not assuming any liability for what they admitted were 'bad' chips; hmmm...a $2000 TV should last more than five years shouldn't it]. Anyway, the Panasonic P60S60 was exactly what I was looking for, with high reviews [at that price level], 2013 technology, with just the right amount of wifi connectivity that would be useful to me.
WOW is all I can say about this unit's picture quality. Wow again. This is what HDTV is 'really' all about. Everything looks like 'blu ray' crystal clearness...you know, where it just jumps out at you. I wish I could articulate it better...but Crystal Clear is all I can think of.
Now, before you buy this set, make sure of the number inputs you will need, as this one offers only a kind of 'bare bones' connectivity, such as only 2 HDMIs, one component, a opitical sound output...and that's about it [well, with the standard coax from cable box connection no one uses since HDMI came out]. That was PERFECT for my setup. But if you have a blu ray player, maybe a computer, or some other HDMI device, well, only 2 HDMI's could be a deal breaker.
But that picture quality...WOW; I cannot imagine it being any better even in top end models such as panasonic has such high reviews for. I got exactly what I wanted, paid what I consider a fair price. Since I've only had this unit several weeks, I can't comment on the longevity, but at this point, I am well pleased, a satisfied customer. Wow again [on the picture clarity]; sharp.
PS: check best price for online store for the Panasonic TC-P60S60, I suggest at -> hdtvenjoy.blogspot.com/p/panasonic-tc-p60s60.html
I hope this review is helpful.
Updated on Nov 30, 2013
I suggest to check for best price at: ledhdtvrev.blogspot.com/p/panasonic-tc-p60s60.html
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Panasonic
- Part number: TC-P60S60
- Description: With an S60 series Smart VIERA HDTV, all your favorite content is rendered with stunning, Full HD clarity. Sports, movies, HD programming - even your personal photos and videos - will look their absolute best. Bigger really is better, with Smart VIERA Full HD resolution. Panasonic's unique image analysis technology converts the motion in each scene into data, which can then be processed for optimum sharpness and clarity. The result is crisp, clear images even during high speed action scenes.
- TV type Plasma
- Screen size 60 in
- Connectivity Wi-Fi
- Smart TV Yes
- Internet streaming services Panasonic Online Movies,
Amazon Instant Video,
- TV features Swipe & Share 2.0,
App (iOS/Android) for smartphone or tablet,
Contrast auto tracking system (CATS),
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Motion Enhancement Technology 600Hz sub-field driving
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Contrast ratio 4000000:1
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 1080/24p
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects V-AUDIO Surround Sound
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 2
- Input/Output connections 2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear,
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Type Standard remote control
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Flat panel mount interface Yes
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 55 in x 13.1 in x 34.6 in - With stand
- Weight 75 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 63.8 in
- Depth 11.2 in
- Height 37.2 in
- Weight 92.6 lbs
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 3.6