Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: PN50C490
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.0 stars out of 3 reviews
- Samsung Plasma TV Series 4 combines premium performance with superior slim style and offering high - performance features such has 3D entertainment, Mega Dynamic Contrast, 600 Hz Sub-field drive, and FilterBright Antiglare, for optimal image contrast and clarity. With Samsung's leading 3D technology, an amazing 3D experience is yours with a touch of the remote - and you can ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/08/2013
by YouLieeeeeee on December 26, 2010
Pros: Great price with incredible picture quality.Blows away TV's costing 3x as much
Cons: ugly crome stand
Summary: was a little hesitant when checking out this TV because of the very low price. Went to
the B&M store so I could compare it side by side ...
Summary: was a little hesitant when checking out this TV because of the very low price. Went to4.5 stars is my rating not 3.5. Cnet's a little glitchy today.
the B&M store so I could compare it side by side with other TV's. I figured if I was gonna
buy a big TV it had to be 1080p. When I was able to compare this Samsung next to a
Bravia that was over a $1000 more I was shocked. This 720p actually looked better and
had richer colors then the 1080p Bravia. I was not able to try out the 3d in the store but
the 2d picture of this model had me sold. I had optimum online and the picture was
pretty good. After I bought this TV I switched over to FIOS and was blown away by the HD.
Then playing Black Ops in 3D on this Samsung I knew I had made a great purchase. If
your looking to get into a 3D TV you shouldn't even consider buying anything else. 3D
TV's have not been out all that long so spending 2-4 grand on one would be foolish.
Knowing that the TV's will be improving and updating quite frequently over the next few
years why spend your whole nut now? Spending under a grand and getting this quality
and viewing experience is a homerun anyway you look at it. I would have given it 5 stars
but I am not too fond of the shiny chrome stand it comes with.Hung mine on the wall and
with discovery HD on it looks like a piece of artwork.
Updated on Dec 26, 2010
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Very nice picture, good 3d, HD looks great!
by mmoffitt9241 on January 8, 2011
Pros: Picture updates fast, colors are vibrant and 3d looks good. Price is what you expect for pay for a 50" Plasma and you get 3d to boot!
Cons: Glare off of screen from lights in the backgroung. Also, it doesn't take log for your image to "burn in"...this was expected with a plasma and it doesn't take long for the "burn in" to clean itself up...just a light shadow for a minute or two.
Summary: Our previous TV was a 37" LG LCD that we bought when LCDs were first coming out. I was a little leary about going with a plasma because of burn-in ...
Summary: Our previous TV was a 37" LG LCD that we bought when LCDs were first coming out. I was a little leary about going with a plasma because of burn-in and I'm at high altitude. But the research I did showed that plasma's have come a long way in both respects and for sub $1000 I had to give it a good look. Here's the deal I got from Best Buy:
50" 3d TV
Starter kit (2 pair of 3d glasses) $150 each if bought seperately
Free Xbox360 or PS3 game ($60 value)
$50 credit toward 3d movies (paid for 1.5 movies)
I thought that was an awesome deal since we had planned to paid about that much for a non-3d movie.
I added a Samsung 3d ready BluRay player and the 4 year extended waranty (covers burn-in, etc.)
All said and done we paid about $1250 or so...We've had it for about 3 weeks now and have since switched to Dishnetwork HD...It was good before but in HD I can honestly say WOW...I've never been a TV snob so HD wasn't very important to me...but with this new TV and dish network running a promotion to get free HD, I figured what the heck...man, I wish I'd done it earlier!
We would recommend this to anyone. The only drawback is that if you pause for couple of minutes, it will leave a shadow where the "hard" outlines were. Or when watching something like foxnews where it has a station id in the same spot the whole time...it will leave a shadow there for a couple of minutes when you first change the channel...but it gets wiped away pretty quick...
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great Deal for a great price
by sombertulip on March 16, 2011
Pros: Excellent picture and the HD is way beyond anything I have seen before.
Cons: Bought it from Ultimate Electronics for to much but not by much.
Summary: We were looking over the Ultimate Electronics bankruptcy sale and between the LCD, LED and this plasma there was just no comparison. We last bought a 32" Sony Trinitron back ...
Summary: We were looking over the Ultimate Electronics bankruptcy sale and between the LCD, LED and this plasma there was just no comparison. We last bought a 32" Sony Trinitron back in 02 and this is like seeing colors for the first time.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: PN50C490
- Description: Samsung Plasma TV Series 4 combines premium performance with superior slim style and offering high - performance features such has 3D entertainment, Mega Dynamic Contrast, 600 Hz Sub-field drive, and FilterBright Antiglare, for optimal image contrast and clarity. With Samsung's leading 3D technology, an amazing 3D experience is yours with a touch of the remote - and you can up-convert 2D movies into 3D excitement. Series 4 also boasts Samsung's Clear Image Panel for crisp, realistic images from any viewing angle. 3 HDMI connections allow you to connect your entertainment devices to create a seamless cinematic entertainment experience - right in your living room. Plus, the series 4 Plasma TV line up not only meets the latest ENERGY STAR certification criteria, it sets a new standard for eco-efficiency.
- TV type Plasma TV
- Screen size 50 in
- Color Black with blue accents
- 3D Yes
- TV features Auto Volume Leveller (AVL),
- Technology 3D
- Native resolution 1365 x 768
- Resolution 720p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 2000000:1
- Refresh rate 600 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 600Hz sub-field Motion
- Response time (ms) 1 ms
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- HDCP compatible Yes
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS TruSurround HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 3
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
1 x USB (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
1 x Component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
1 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Parental channel lock Yes
- V-chip control Yes
- Menu language French,
- Type Standard remote control
- Second remote control type Included
- Component type None
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Yes
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 400 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
- Power consumption operational 290 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 4.0
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 47.3 in x 11.2 in x 31.0 in - With stand
- Weight 51.8 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 58.7 in
- Depth 12.6 in
- Height 33.1 in
- Weight 71.6 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 4.1
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.2