Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: UN32EH4000
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/24/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $532.56
- Reviewed by: Ty Pendlebury
- Edited by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 08/07/2012
The good: The Samsung EH4000 is one of the better 32-inch televisions, with decent picture quality for the money. Black levels are deeper than the competition's, and shadow detail is class-leading. The TV comes with some advanced picture controls and includes a 60Hz dejudder mode. Styling is way above average for a TV at this level.
The bad: The TV has very few features and won't connect to online services. The stand doesn't swivel, and the remote has too many buttons.
The bottom line: The Samsung EH4000 is one of the best TVs available at the size and price, with above-average picture quality and a svelte design.
Good TV for the price.
by drbryant on September 17, 2012
Pros: Solid picture. Good picture adjustment controls. Slim bezel.
Cons: Mediocre sound. Poorly-designed remote. Few inputs.
Summary: I am generally happy with this TV. I followed CNet's advice for picture settings then tweaked them to my liking. The sound on this set is marginal, but there ...
Summary: I am generally happy with this TV. I followed CNet's advice for picture settings then tweaked them to my liking. The sound on this set is marginal, but there is an equalizer built in. This helped, but did not entirely solve sound issues.
For the money this is a good TV.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great Value, Awesome TV
by hillz4ever on August 13, 2012
Pros: *Picture quality
*Loud Clear sound
*Volume range is amazing
Cons: *Does not swivel
*stand made out of plastic
*Samsung remote is hard to read in the dark
Summary: This is truly an amazing tv. I was almost swayed by the allure of all the 40" LCD's, but this 32" feels bigger than it is when it gets ...
Summary: This is truly an amazing tv. I was almost swayed by the allure of all the 40" LCD's, but this 32" feels bigger than it is when it gets inside of your home. The clarity is remarkable. Most cable shows and games are only displayed in 720p so there is no immediate need to get the 1080p. For the price and upswing in value, you don't need wifi for this model. There are no widgets...so what. This LED TV makes my home a little bit more cosy! My PS3 games now looks better than the displays in the sony store now.
Note: There are only two HDMI connections and one usb interface all located on the right of the TV. The remote comes with batteries. Even though i use a universal cable remote, the Samsung remote is hard to read in the dark, but it doesn't really matter.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great for the price, good for various purposes.
by AverageJoeSavvy on January 1, 2013
Black levels and shadows
Slim frame, sleek look
Cons: 720p (768p actually)
Few picture adjustment options
Summary: I've had this tv for a few days, after several weeks of research and price-watching. For $280-$350, this is a fantastic tv! I was in Best Buy comparing ...
Summary: I've had this tv for a few days, after several weeks of research and price-watching. For $280-$350, this is a fantastic tv! I was in Best Buy comparing the Toshiba 32C120U and the Westinghouse UW32S3PW, and then read CNET's review on the Toshiba, which listed the eh4000 as the favorite. I saw the eh4003 in another section with higher-priced tvs and was captivated. Though it was over my budget by $75(I'm a graduate student buying my first home theater/pc media center), it was the right choice. The slim and sleek look of the trim, it's lightweight design, and --for being a 720p, 60hz, under $750-- clear and accurate colors and picture won me over.
I currently use it as my monitor for my pc, hooked-up to my av receiver, so I can play BluRays, dvds, Netflix, and video games from one place! So far The Dark Knight, the Pirates trilogy, and Sherlock Holmes have been fantastic on this tv, using CNET's display settings. However, with the 0 Sharpness as CNET recommends is great for movies, the interface of Windows 7 is extremely blurry. To correct this, I set the Standard mode as my movie mode, with the CNET settings (minus the Sharpness which I set at 25), and set the Entertainment to all-purpose mode, making text documents and internet look sharper with higher brightness, contrast and sharpness and a cooler color-temp. True to CNET's review, this tv does accept 1080p and 1080i, but down-converts to 720p, which isn't noticeable unless your about 2-4" away from the screen.
Bottom-line, both CNET and I agree that this is one of the top two or three for under $700 and under 40" and not 1080i native. I have not tried the speakers on the tv, but come on, who really uses tv speakers? Buy the tv for what it does best, picture and video, not audio! I hope this has been helpful.
Buy with confidence!
by YayaVanVaya on November 28, 2012
Pros: 720p offers great picture without overdoing it on the details; 32" screen is plenty big for our 26x17 viewing area; 3.5mm spks are better than expected, even in standard mode; user-friendly picture, audio and other on-screen controls; easy to set up.
Cons: Samsung remote AA59-00600A has rounded underside that defies single fingertip control when rested on tabletop. (Easily remedied by leveling with 4 round bumpers to its underside.)
Summary: HDMI outputs are bells and whistles we don't have any use for, so cannot comment on those features. Would highly recommend this tv to someone who wants to transition ...
Summary: HDMI outputs are bells and whistles we don't have any use for, so cannot comment on those features. Would highly recommend this tv to someone who wants to transition to the 21st century affordably and without any grief.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: UN32EH4000
- Description: Experience sharp picture quality, even when you are watching fast-moving images like sports or action movies. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. LED TVs with a CMR of 60-120 can display action-packed movement with sharp detail and vivid contrast while eliminating image distortion. ConnectShare movie lets you watch videos, play music or view photos from a USB connection without needing to use a PC or special equipment. Simply plug your USB directly into your Samsung TV's USB port and watch on the big screen with friends and family.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 32 in
- Color Black
- TV features Auto Volume Leveller (AVL),
- Technology LED-LCD
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Native resolution 1366 x 768
- Resolution 720p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 3000000:1
- Refresh rate 60 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 60 Hz Clear Motion Rate
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Wide,
- Color temperature control Yes (Warm1/Warm2/Standard/Cool)
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Speaker(s) 2 x Right/left channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS TheaterSound HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 2
- Input/Output connections 2 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) - Rear,
1 x USB (4 pin USB Type A) - Rear,
1 x Headphones (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- V-chip control Yes
- Type Standard remote control
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Power device Power supply
- Power consumption operational 29 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 29.1 in x 3.6 in x 17.2 in - Without stand
- Weight 12.8 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 35.5 in
- Depth 6.4 in
- Height 20.9 in
- Weight 17.2 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 4.1
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.2