Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: UN40EH6000FXZA
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/07/2013
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 12/07/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $779.00 - $1,067.16
- Reviewed by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 06/08/2012
The good: The Samsung UNEH6000 series costs less than some other TVs that use LED backlights. Its color accuracy, video processing, and bright-room picture are very good, and it has better screen uniformity than many edge-lit LED models. I liked the thin frame around the screen, and didn't mind the cabinet's extra thickness.
The bad: Lighter black levels hamper the EH6000's picture quality compared with many TVs, including less expensive models. Its connectivity suite is anemic with just two HDMI inputs, and at this price numerous TVs offer apps and Smart TV functions that this Samsung doesn't.
The bottom line: Although it's cheaper than Samsung's ultrathin edge-lit models, the EH6000 series's value proposition is hurt by mediocre picture quality.
Everything I Expected After Much Comparison Shopping!
by Cargill4U on October 23, 2012
Pros: + Very sharp details and no ghosting
+ Excellent Black levels
+ Vibrant colors
+ Sound is very good
Cons: - Only 2 HDMI
Summary: I decided on this Samsung 40" (UN40EH6000) after a considerable amount of time checking out all competing models at local retail locations. For me personally there simply wasn't any ...
Summary: I decided on this Samsung 40" (UN40EH6000) after a considerable amount of time checking out all competing models at local retail locations. For me personally there simply wasn't any other brand of LED that had a consistently great image quality at every place I checked out.
If you want a cheaper model there are many to choose from and in my opinion you will get a cheaper quality of image. I wanted the best LED product that money could buy and this was what I decided on. I have absolutely no regrets now after having it for a few weeks.
The menu, set up and remote control are simple to get used to. Once you turn the LED on the color options need to be adjusted to your liking. I liked the fact that this model has a small one inch frame around the screen as opposed to competing brands like LG that had a 1-1/2 to 2" frame.
This LED is fairly lightweight and I was able to mount on the wall. I would definitely not mount it to a sheet rock wall unless you have a solid wood frame to bold into.
I watched football last night and the images were great. I also watched the Olympics. No shadowing or other problems that customers have complained about with cheaper LED models. If high quality viewing of sports is important be sure to do your homework, this model has 120 Hz and 240 CMR as opposed to their cheaper model that has 60 Hz and 120 CMR. I suggest you have to check for best price for this tv at -> ledhdtv2012deals.blogspot.com/p/samsung-un40eh6000.html
This tv is great deal, I high recommend.
6 out of 6 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great LED TV for the price. Few features are OK for me.
by orosado on May 22, 2012
Pros: * True 120hz refresh rate.
* Amazingly low screen glare even though the screen is glossy.
* Excellent internal cooling.
* Integrated TV controller is easy to use and out of view
* Audio out jack
* Motion interpolation makes movies seem live.
Cons: * Only 2 HDMI inputs
* No VGA input
* Remote control does not have buttons to skip forward or backward during video media playback (nice to have).
* Motion interpolation can sometimes create some unwanted artifacts.
Summary: Do not let the input restrictions stop you from buying this great LED TV. If you already have a home audio receiver, you really don't need the extra inputs. ...
Summary: Do not let the input restrictions stop you from buying this great LED TV. If you already have a home audio receiver, you really don't need the extra inputs. Even though the Media Player is not perfect, it does a great job. Samsung's Auto Motion Plus has pros and cons but overall great. For my needs this LED TV is a great buy, I highly recommend it if you already have separate components on your home entertainment center such as a home audio receiver, video game consoles, media players, or computers.
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Highly Disappointed in Samsung
by angelluciano2 on February 4, 2013
Pros: Couldn't find any.
Cons: The colors are washed out & there's absolutely no way to fix it. This tv has loads of settings in the menu, but the catch is that they really don't change the picture. It's almost as if they're there to fool you. The picture is also fuzzy.
Summary: Bottom line is I'm highly disappointed in Samsung. I have a 32 inch lcd 60hz by Samsung that I've had for 3 years, & it has a so-so ...
Summary: Bottom line is I'm highly disappointed in Samsung. I have a 32 inch lcd 60hz by Samsung that I've had for 3 years, & it has a so-so picture so I decided it was time to upgrade. Seeing that this is LED and 120hz, I just KNEW that this television was going to blow me away. It has disappointed me to no end... no wonder Samsung is practically giving their tv's away now. You can get them everywhere you go, you can even get them free with furniture at most stores... lol I just returned it to Best Buy and ordered a Vizio smart tv. We'll see how that goes. Oh, & the so-called 'clear motion' feature made me nauseous.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: UN40EH6000FXZA
- Description: Experience sharp picture quality, even when you are watching fast-moving images like sports or action movies. Clear motion rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. A CMR of 240 - 480 takes motion-clarity to the next level. LED TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with even sharper detail and deeper levels of contrast while eliminating image distortion.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 40 in
- Color Black
- TV features SRS TheaterSound HD,
Down Firing + Full Range speaker,
Wide Color Enhancer Plus,
Auto volume leveler
- Technology LED-LCD
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Full array
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 5000000:1
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 240 Hz Clear Motion Rate
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS TheaterSound HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 2
- Input/Output connections 2 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A),
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3),
1 x Digital audio input/output (optical),
1 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A),
1 x Audio line-out (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm)
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- V-chip control Yes
- Type Standard remote control
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
- Power device Power supply
- Power consumption operational 44 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 36.5 in x 3.7 in x 21.9 in - Without stand
- Weight 20.3 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 43.3 in
- Depth 6.5 in
- Height 25.2 in
- Weight 29.8 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 4.1
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.2
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star