Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: UN46D6500
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 5.0 stars out of 1 review
- The 46-inch Samsung UN46D6500 LED TV lets you go further into a world of entertainment - by customizing your own. Samsung Smart TV delivers a web-enabled portal to the best of the entire internet, along with Samsung apps and the ability to search content both online and on your TV. The journey continues with advanced 3D technology, for an immersive ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/21/2013
Best TV I have owned but be prepared to spend some time
by Daniel2Golden on February 20, 2012
Pros: + Very vivid colors, crystal clear picture
+ Sound is very good
+ Looks awesome, 0.5" bezel makes it look great!
+ Included remote is pretty nice, with back-lit keys and a good layout
+ Low power usage
+ Built-in WiFi
Cons: - This model has no Web Browser
Summary: I purchased the Samsung UN46D6500 TV because the reviews on the 6000 Series were very positive and I was able to buy the 6500 that includes 3D and built in ...
Summary: I purchased the Samsung UN46D6500 TV because the reviews on the 6000 Series were very positive and I was able to buy the 6500 that includes 3D and built in WiFi at the same price as the 6000 Series models that do not have either or both of these features. I also received two pairs of Samsung 3D glasses free with the purchase (SSG-3050GB). I am not a big 3D fan, but since it came free, it was a worthwhile upgrade. I don't currently download movies from the internet so the WiFi feature interested me more to download the software updates, but eventually I will get around to playing with the other features like the Samsung Apps.
First of all, I will agree with the comments of many of the reviewers that say that is a great looking TV. The narrow frame and the glass make it easily the best looking TV I have owned. I have it on a Z-Line media stand with black glass shelves and it looks great. I haven't done a lot yet with 3D, but I did preview some 3D movies from my cable provider. They were good, but if I got serious about 3D, I would purchase the better Samsung glasses (SSG-3500CR) which have rechargeable batteries. Mine were free and work ok, so I am in no hurry to spend more money.
The setup was very easy but I would recommend that you go to the Samsung website and download the full owner's manual before you begin. The short abbreviated manual included with the TV is ok, but you can find out a lot more about for instance the various picture, sound, etc. adjustments that are not detailed in the short manual. The WiFi setup took only minutes although I did not set up any accounts or download any Samsung Apps. I ran the software updates without problem. The real challenge is in tweaking the picture and other various settings to your individual liking. While I agree with some reviewers that the picture is pretty good right out of the box, you will find that in general live TV programs tend to be very bright and perhaps over sharp while the recorded TV programs (Network sitcoms, movies, etc.) tend to be very dark. Also as noted by numerous reviewers, there are jerky motion issues that maybe enhance gaming, but since I am not a gamer, I wanted to minimize this distraction. I took pieces of adjustments from other reviewers and in this case I changed the "Automotion" feature to "Custom" and set the Blur at 10 and the Judder at 0.
There is still some jerky movement out of some pictures, but that seems to have improved it substantially. I plan to call Samsung and see what if anything I can do in further adjustments and I will update my comments if anything of use is learned from that contact. I think the picture adjustments are just a matter of individual taste. I tried one reviewer's comments who offered a long list of settings taken from AVS forums. This just didn't work for me. I then tried changing the "Picture Mode" setting from "Standard" to "Natural" and I like this better with a few tweaks of the other picture settings (backlight,brightness, contrast, etc.). A number of comments were made on the poor sound. I actually think that comparative to my other LCD flat screen Sony TVs that the sound isn't bad.
Since my TV is on an open stand in the corner of the room, the sound may be coming out much better than those who place their TVs in an enclosed area. However, I did turn the SRSTruSurround "ON" (default is off) and I also turned on the SRSDialog which helps with the issue of when background noise or music makes it difficult to hear the dialogue. I have decided to purchase a Sony sound bar system (HT-CT150) that includes a subwoofer since I don't want five or more speakers cluttering up the clean look of the TV and stand.
I think overall the TV rates a 5, but you have to invest a lot of time to get all of the settings right and it just seems that if Samsung sells the various motion features on this TV as a major new development, why do so many people seem intent on finding ways to turn the features off. I think they need to go back to the drawing board. They have a great TV. They can make it even better. I would definitely recommend this TV, but not for those who want something that they can just plug in and go.
*Note, before you're will buy this Samsung UN46D6500, I suggest you have to check for low price at: Dealsfine.info/samsung-un46d6500/
Hope this review helps.
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: UN46D6500
- Description: The 46-inch Samsung UN46D6500 LED TV lets you go further into a world of entertainment - by customizing your own. Samsung Smart TV delivers a web-enabled portal to the best of the entire internet, along with Samsung apps and the ability to search content both online and on your TV. The journey continues with advanced 3D technology, for an immersive experience with your favorite 3D movie titles and TV programming. Ironically, you'll make these deeper connections on a TV that's impressively thin: the ultra slim bezel lets your eyes disappear into the dazzling LED images onscreen.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 46 in
- 3D Yes
- Connectivity Built-in Wi-Fi
- Internet streaming services Samsung SmartTV
- TV features On-screen menu,
Ultra clear panel,
Skype on Samsung TV,
Samsung Smart TV,
Wide Color Enhancer Plus,
- Technology 3D,
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology Auto Motion Plus 120Hz
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- HDCP compatible Yes
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Right/left channel speaker - Built-in - 15 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS TheaterSound HD
- Total output power 30 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 4 x HDMI,
3 x USB (19 pin HDMI Type A),
(RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
(Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
(4 pin USB Type A),
(15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Type Standard remote control
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Power device Power supply
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 42.1 in x 10.8 in x 26.9 in - With stand
- Weight 35.3 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 52.4 in
- Depth 5.5 in
- Height 29.1 in
- Weight 44.3 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 4.1
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.2
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star