Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: UN55ES7003FXZA
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 3 reviews
- For those who want to marry great TV viewing with the best of the web, the Samsung UN55ES7003 LED HDTV is the perfect present. At the heart of this 55-inch TV: a dual core processor, which enables even faster web browsing than before. Put it to the test with Samsung Smart TV with Smart Content - a great way to ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/23/2013
| || In stock || |
as of 05/23/2013
Great value for a 3D SMART 55" class TV.
by ajcoon77 on November 29, 2012
Pros: * Value - purchased for $1499 on 11/23
* Features - 3D, SMART, 240hz, Audio Return Channel
Cons: * Software/Firmware Issues - SyncPlus causes interference with 1080p image; turning off SyncPlus is not sticky unless you also uncheck Terms and Conditions
Summary: Overall I'm mostly pleased with this TV, though I had to work through a couple of annoying software/firmware issues that had me worried for a while that I ...
Summary: Overall I'm mostly pleased with this TV, though I had to work through a couple of annoying software/firmware issues that had me worried for a while that I brought home defective hardware. I've only had it for a week now so I'll update this review (if Cnet allows me to) if/when things change.
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
I have had this TV for 2 weeks and it is great!
by Jeromeb27 on January 1, 2013
Pros: Great color and picture quality. Does great with online apps and watching online movies on apps such as on cinema now.
Cons: You have to change the color mode sometimes due to certain programs.
Summary: I have watched blue ray and 3D and both have incredible color! I have also streamed online movies and they look very good. If you are looking for a good ...
Summary: I have watched blue ray and 3D and both have incredible color! I have also streamed online movies and they look very good. If you are looking for a good all around tv then this is a great tv especially for the price point.
Worst tv ever!
by chris432012 on December 18, 2012
Pros: Features and apps.
Cons: Picture quality and sound
Summary: This is the worst television I have ever seen in my life. I purchased this tv about a week ago and had 3 dead pixels in the middle of the ...
Summary: This is the worst television I have ever seen in my life. I purchased this tv about a week ago and had 3 dead pixels in the middle of the screen. The picture was horrible with people on the tv having an extreme sunburned (or tan) appearance. The colors on the tv were so unnatural and it made me sick to even look at it. I spent days working on adjusting the setings but it never got better. I tried every setting and made every adjustment you could do on the tv. I had 7 different people view the tv and they all said the same thing that the picture didn't look good and that I should return it immediately. I had a few friends try and adjust the picture themselves and they too could not get the picture to look even close to good. Even my 10 year old son said it was the worst picture on a tv that he has ever seen. I tried my high def cable channels and all looked bad. I tried my Samsung BluRay player with some Bluray movies but they looked as bad as the hi def cable channels. I tried 3 different high speed HDMI cables just to rule that out. Nothing made the picture better. So thinking I just had a lemon I returned it and got the exact same model and guess what- the picture was the exact same horrible quality. I couldn't believe Samsung would actually sell a piece of junk like this. In addition, the sound was really bad. Yes, I know all the thin tvs these days don't have good sound but this tvs sound was even worse when compared to other thin tvs. This is a holiday special model tv and clearly Samsung has cut some corners here. Need more proof- it only has 3 HDMI ports which also shows how Samsung is trying to cut costs at the expense of the customer....most televisions in this price range have at least 4 HDMI. Now I know why this 7003 model is $300 cheaper than the Samsung 7100 model even though the specs all appear to be equal. No store has this tv on display after it being available to the public now for 2 months and I can see why. If I had seen this in the store I would have walked right past it. The people posting positive reviews about this tv on here are either being done by a Samsung rep or else these people are color blind......seriously! I guarantee if you get this tv you will end up returning it. Since purchasing this tv and asking around, I have heard that Samsung's quality and picture performance on most of its LED tvs is not up to par with other competitors. I will never purchase another Samsung product ever again. For reference, I own a 4 year old Sony LCD and a 1 year old LG LED and they do not have any of the above mentioned issues and have a nice looking picture.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: UN55ES7003FXZA
- Description: For those who want to marry great TV viewing with the best of the web, the Samsung UN55ES7003 LED HDTV is the perfect present. At the heart of this 55-inch TV: a dual core processor, which enables even faster web browsing than before. Put it to the test with Samsung Smart TV with Smart Content - a great way to browse and explore online. And a Clear Motion Rate of 720 delivers exquisite action onscreen.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 55 in
- Color Titan hairline
- 3D Yes
- Connectivity Built-in Wi-Fi,
- Internet streaming services Smart Hub
- Smart TV Yes
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately - Samsung VG-STC2000
- TV features Full Web Browser w/ Dual Core Processing,
Samsung Smart Content and Signature service,
Samsung Smart Hub,
Wide Color Enhancer Plus,
2D to 3D conversion,
Auto Volume Leveler (AVL),
Down Firing + Full Range speaker
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses (2pcs) included
- Backlight technology LED backlight
- LED backlight type Edge-lit with micro dimming
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 19000000:1
- Motion Enhancement Technology 720 Hz Clear Motion Rate
- HDCP compatible Yes
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS TheaterSound HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 3
- Input/Output connections 3 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A),
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3),
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK),
3 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A),
1 x Network (RJ-45),
1 x Audio input,
1 x Audio output (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm),
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2),
1 x Serial (9 pin D-Sub)
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Type Universal remote control
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Power device Power supply
- Power consumption operational 65 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.1 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 48.4 in x 10.9 in x 31 in - With stand
- Weight 38.8 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 60.4 in
- Depth 6.5 in
- Height 33 in
- Weight 52 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 4.1
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.2